2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, art_vandelay said:

Is anyone getting a Platinum trim built or scheduled? The only platinums I’ve seen have been pushed back a bunch of times

I have a platinum CCLB schedule build for tomorrow 3/19 before that it was 3/15. I've had a window sticker for 2 weeks, since 3/4. 

48 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The "wholesale" process is done monthly and is the process that determines the Dealer's allocation for the upcoming scheduling period. The "wholesale" is related to allocation with the Dealer's allocation spread out for the upcoming month's scheduling period. As I've posted several times, your Dealer is giving you a line of BS based on information that Ford doesn't disclose. 

Yes you have posted several times just saying it’s a line of bs, however, by just saying it’s a line of bs doesn’t help me understand what/why my dealer is telling me  what they are. As other moderators have said, dealers aren’t use to the plethora of retail orders so they may not have the proper understanding. So if I can help them help me with a better understanding isn’t that better than just saying it’s bs and chose a different dealer? More than likely I’m not the only one at this dealer facing this predicament. Plus, the add-ons and build that I want can’t be done now since Ford has removed many items, not including the major commodity restraints. 

2 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

I've been contemplating the same thing.  However, Ford will likely offer some concessions for those 22's that don't get built, so I don't know if that would play into waiting to order a '23 or not.

At the very least they would make you priority 1 or 2.

33 minutes ago, FourCrazies said:

Yes you have posted several times just saying it’s a line of bs, however, by just saying it’s a line of bs doesn’t help me understand what/why my dealer is telling me  what they are. As other moderators have said, dealers aren’t use to the plethora of retail orders so they may not have the proper understanding. So if I can help them help me with a better understanding isn’t that better than just saying it’s bs and chose a different dealer? More than likely I’m not the only one at this dealer facing this predicament. Plus, the add-ons and build that I want can’t be done now since Ford has removed many items, not including the major commodity restraints. 

It really doesn’t matter because neither you nor the dealer have control over Ford’s allocation process.

50 minutes ago, FourCrazies said:

No offense but I'm not sure what you don't understand when I say that what your Dealer is telling you is BS. What exactly do you want to know? I've already told you what the wholesale allocation is about. You want me to tell you why your Dealer is telling you what they are? It's simply a matter of then telling you either what they think you want to hear or what they think they should tell you so you'll stop asking questions. Their not knowing or understanding is a different matter as there's no excuse for them to not know or understand. Their failure to not know or bother to read the notices, bulletins and other information that Ford provides is their problem. Ignorance is no excuse for poor performance.  

28 minutes ago, akirby said:

It really doesn’t matter because neither you nor the dealer have control over Ford’s allocation process.

Never said anything about controlling the process. You’ve obviously missed/disregarded the question for an understanding of why I’m being told what I’m being told! RTFQ

So, stopped by the dealer today. When I ordered my truck in November,  I was told all orders get put in at priority 10. Today, I asked him to reprint my build sheet knowing the code is on it. It's at priority 20. I immediately brought this up and he said it will actually help build it faster. I can't think of a reason it would. Also, they said they can't take my PCO until it's delivered and we sign paperwork. I will have xplan so...maybe?

Anyway, yes, get a new dealer.  But realistically I've already been waiting and ordering at another dealer may be too late.

Looking for help on my options...

31 minutes ago, FourCrazies said:

Never said anything about controlling the process. You’ve obviously missed/disregarded the question for an understanding of why I’m being told what I’m being told! RTFQ

They're either lying to you or completely ignorant, but you’re completely missing MY point which is it doesn’t matter why.  They’re not credible so you have to decide if you want to do business with them.  The only thing the dealer can control is your priority relative to their other orders.  Scheduling is up to Ford.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Outlaw96669 said:

So, stopped by the dealer today. When I ordered my truck in November,  I was told all orders get put in at priority 10. Today, I asked him to reprint my build sheet knowing the code is on it. It's at priority 20. I immediately brought this up and he said it will actually help build it faster. I can't think of a reason it would. Also, they said they can't take my PCO until it's delivered and we sign paperwork. I will have xplan so...maybe?

Anyway, yes, get a new dealer.  But realistically I've already been waiting and ordering at another dealer may be too late.

That is a lie!  20 is a stock order and it won’t get built until all 10-19 retail orders have been built and it won’t qualify for COVP incremental scheduling.  If they won’t change it to a 10 take your business elsewhere you have nothing to lose.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Outlaw96669 said:

Always great to see another Dealer that doesn't know what they're doing, can't be bothered or just making up an excuse for their incompetence. Priority code 20 is for a stock order, not retail, and will wait behind all the retail orders to get scheduled and also require stock allocation to even be considered for scheduling. They're telling you that a stock priority code will help get it build faster is just them telling you what they think you want to hear and make it sound like they know what they're doing which is false.  

16 minutes ago, akirby said:

That is a lie!  20 is a stock order and it won’t get built until all 10-19 retail orders have been built and it won’t qualify for COVP incremental scheduling.  If they won’t change it to a 10 take your business elsewhere you have nothing to lose.

And changing it from a stock to retail order will reset the original order date anyway. 

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

From my experience yes. As long as you have a Home Depot Ford near you! 

Better yet, maybe Ford could take some pointers from Home Depot on keeping their customers some what informed on their orders.   I ordered a F-250 June 2021 and crickets so far.  I did have the fifth wheel prep and sprayin bedliner removed in January.  Dealer keeps telling me that it keeps showing as a unscheduled clean order.  If Ford doesn't have gray paint or another option i've ordered, tell me, I can probably live without it.  I ordered this truck last June for a personal vehicle when I retire in June 2022.  I'll be giving up my company vehicle at that time and I guess I'll be walking unless miracles do happen.

4 hours ago, art_vandelay said:

Is anyone getting a Platinum trim built or scheduled? The only platinums I’ve seen have been pushed back a bunch of times

Hi Art.  I ordered my Platinum in October. It was first scheduled 13 January for a 14 February build week. I’m was pushed to the right a couple of times and is now “In Production” and “Sent to Plant” with a build day of Monday 21 March.  F350 6.7 CC SB with moonroof, wheel well liners, mud flaps, and a bed step. No bedliner, Adaptive Steering, or 5th Wheel Prep (the latter two removed before Thanksgiving.

5 hours ago, art_vandelay said:

I ordered a plati on January 19th.  No word from my dealer or ford.  here is my build,

-22' Platinum F250 4x4 SB

-Star White

-6.7 Powerstroke

-3.31 Electronic locking axle

-All Weather Mats

-Rapid Heat

-Block Heater

-Wheel well liners front & rear

I took off 5th wheel prep, adaptive steering, spray in bedliner back in early february.  

17 minutes ago, teecamp said:

I ordered a plati on January 19th.  No word from my dealer or ford.  here is my build,

-Star White

-6.7 Powerstroke

-All Weather Mats

-Rapid Heat

-Block Heater

I took off 5th wheel prep, adaptive steering, spray in bedliner back in early february.  

I order mine on January 18th. No word from Ford other than the order confirmation on the same day. No VIN or build date yet.

-22 F450 XLT 4X4

-Antimatter Blue

-Rapid Heat

-Block Heater

-Front Wheel Liners

-Platform Running Boards

-Console Safe

-No AS

-No Bedliner

My dealer said they will not change the priority of any order for any customer. Jumping one customer forward effectively moves another backward and they feel that is unfair to one of the customers. So nobody gets changed. Priority is only among their orders so I understand the stance they are taking.

5 hours ago, art_vandelay said:

I ordered a Platinum CCSB, 6.7, pretty much loaded except for AS, 5th prep, spray liner on Jan 29.

When did you order?  

1 hour ago, akirby said:

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Always great to see another Dealer that doesn't know what they're doing, can't be bothered or just making up an excuse for their incompetence. Priority code 20 is for a stock order, not retail, and will wait behind all the retail orders to get scheduled and also require stock allocation to even be considered for scheduling. They're telling you that a stock priority code will help get it build faster is just them telling you what they think you want to hear and make it sound like they know what they're doing which is false.  

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

And changing it from a stock to retail order will reset the original order date anyway. 

Sorry for all the quote, but I wanted to give credit to both of you for your answer. Made it easy to decide because if it resets the order date, I really have nothing to lose. 

Thank you both so much.

Off to find a new dealer.

I just wish there was a way to totally cancel my order so they don't get the truck...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Outlaw96669 said:

Sorry for all the quote, but I wanted to give credit to both of you for your answer. Made it easy to decide because if it resets the order date, I really have nothing to lose. 

Thank you both so much.

Off to find a new dealer.

I just wish there was a way to totally cancel my order so they don't get the truck...

Which dealer was this, so we know who to avoid?

2 hours ago, Creditman said:

Better yet, maybe Ford could take some pointers from Home Depot on keeping their customers some what informed on their orders.   I ordered a F-250 June 2021 and crickets so far.  I did have the fifth wheel prep and sprayin bedliner removed in January.  Dealer keeps telling me that it keeps showing as a unscheduled clean order.  If Ford doesn't have gray paint or another option i've ordered, tell me, I can probably live without it.  I ordered this truck last June for a personal vehicle when I retire in June 2022.  I'll be giving up my company vehicle at that time and I guess I'll be walking unless miracles do happen.

If you ordered a LG refrigerator from Home Depot and LG is having problems building them, do you think LG would tell you which part is holding up your order?  All Home Depot can say is it’s waiting to be built which is what Ford is telling you and the dealer.  It’s never as simple as we’re missing this part.  Ford is having problems with 37 suppliers and every week it could be a different one.  And your priority also plays a big part and that has to come from your dealer.

1 hour ago, teecamp said:

-Star White

-6.7 Powerstroke

-All Weather Mats

-Rapid Heat

-Block Heater

Almost identical to my order 

1 hour ago, Durango said:

I ordered a Platinum CCSB, 6.7, pretty much loaded except for AS, 5th prep, spray liner on Jan 29.

When did you order?  

I ordered 2/7/22. I got the confirmation email but nothing since. It looks like a lot of Lariats being built right now. Maybe they ran out of Platinum wheels or seats