2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

39 minutes ago, rxwoody said:

Has anyone got an email like this? First thing I have heard since I got my confirmation email on 12/9. I am assuming I am going to be hit hard by commodity restrictions, thinking about taking some stuff off.

F350 Platinum Tremor in Antimatter Blue

7.3 Godzilla with Fifth wheel prep, moon roof, console vault, spray in bedliner, power running boards, upfitter switches. 

Hello I’m just confused…….

all these trucks I see in Facebook getting built same as mine..

f250 crew cab lariat 

antimatter blue 

BAP

value pack

dealer says there allocated for 10 trucks 

0 on lot 1 on order in front of mine. So I don’t get it :) it’s dumb 

16 minutes ago, traynoral said:

Haha. I was literally just about to post the same question. I just got the exact same email about a half hour ago. It is also my first email that I have received from them since my order was first confirmed.

My truck is a F450. Mostly different from yours but I did get the Antimatter Blue and the Console Safe like you. I wonder if one of those is the issue.

I am going to reach out to my dealer tomorrow.

my 2022 F350 KR SRW CCSB 6.7L with console safe and Antimatter Blue went into production on 3/15, got window sticker but I have not received this email delay.  I already had 5 delays before it went into production, so another delay is going to suck.

19 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

my 2022 F350 KR SRW CCSB 6.7L with console safe and Antimatter Blue went into production on 3/15, got window sticker but I have not received this email delay.  I already had 5 delays before it went into production, so another delay is going to suck.

So you got the same email tonight too after getting your production date?

26 minutes ago, traynoral said:

So you got the same email tonight too after getting your production date?

no email, I stated that in my reply but maybe I worded it in such a way it wasn't clear.

"my 2022 F350 KR SRW CCSB 6.7L with console safe and Antimatter Blue went into production on 3/15, got window sticker but I have not received this email delay.  I already had 5 delays before it went into production, so another delay is going to suck.

19 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

no email, I stated that in my reply but maybe I worded it in such a way it wasn't clear.

"my 2022 F350 KR SRW CCSB 6.7L with console safe and Antimatter Blue went into production on 3/15, got window sticker but I have not received this email delay.  I already had 5 delays before it went into production, so another delay is going to suck.

Gotcha. Thanks.

1 hour ago, rxwoody said:

Has anyone got an email like this? First thing I have heard since I got my confirmation email on 12/9. I am assuming I am going to be hit hard by commodity restrictions, thinking about taking some stuff off.

F350 Platinum Tremor in Antimatter Blue

7.3 Godzilla with Fifth wheel prep, moon roof, console vault, spray in bedliner, power running boards, upfitter switches. 

14174D63-C8E2-41CF-9AB0-B5FFA6D917D7.thumb.jpeg.2dff71251857550ffb1dadd1c3947bfc.jpeg

I received the same email this evening. My build includes AS, 5th wheel prep, and spray in bedliner. It was ordered originally as Lariat Aug 26 and changed to King Ranch Nov1. Ordered through Granger.

I received this email tonight even though I’m already scheduled.

I was originally scheduled for March 7th in late January.  Then each week I’ve been getting pushed back later and later.  First to March 14th, then March 21, April 5th, April 18th, April 25th, and as of this past Wednesday - May 2nd.   And tonight I get this email basically telling me once my vehicle is ready to move into the production schedule they will notify me again.  Sounds to me like I’ve been unscheduled.

A52B3D94-733F-4F64-97E0-BE43F3CF3A18.jpeg

Edited by manko

Built 3/18/22 !!!!!!

Est. Delivery date: between March 30, 2022 and April 5, 2022.

Interesting that my WS never showed a "Blend Date", but got the email this morning from Ford.  WS still shows everything I ordered including moon roof, power rear sliding window, upfitter switches and most importantly the 5th wheel prep.

built.jpg

• Like 1

Hello gang. I ordered my F-350 25 weeks ago on September 27, 2021. It's SWB, Lariat, 6.7 Diesel.  I am new to this forum. So my question is going to be redundant by I am beyond frustration, especially when I see Lariat orders in January are getting build dates. My dealer only provides BS patronizing to me which I can see straight through. I tried contacting the sales manager or customer relations at the dealer. My call got re-routed back to my salesman who continues to give information that is meaningless.

The latest line of garbage is: my salesman called me this evening to say, "You are going to receive an email from Ford. It is going to say your order will be filled soon (which the email did not say)" He went on to tell me that Ford is now shutting down all future orders for '22 Super Duties so I should receive a build date very soon (which is what he told me in September, and October, and November, and...). He also said that '23 orders will not be taken until December of this year. Then he tells me it is going to take until the end of the year to work through the '22 backlog. I've asked him whether plants are open or not; whether there is a chip shortage affecting my order; can he tell me what parts are delaying my order. As I'm sure other's have experience... absolutely zero customer care and zero reliable, meaningful information.

- Are there other's still out there that order in September or even earlier that are still waiting for build dates and VINs?

- What is reality? Is Ford even building trucks?

- Did Ford really shut down future orders? How does this even help me when I've been waiting for 6 months for a build date and VIN?

- Is it really going to take until the end of the year to work through the back log? I'm afraid I'm not going to see my truck until September, October, or even later this year.

- All I want to know is where I am in line. I can wait in line, but not knowing where I am in line is very frustrating. It's worst than those stupid ques at Disney land where you wind wind wind, think you are close, then turn a corner and there are 7 more layers of winding.

- This whole thing is ridiculous... I am dumbfounded that after two years that US Manufacturers can't pull there heads out of where ever they are stuck and fix all of this. Weren't we the USA at one time. Weren't we the model of Capitalism and Consumption everyone wanted to be??? Silly me for wanting a good work truck for work...

Extremely frustrated... feel alone in this... just needed to vent.

Cheers to any replies. 

13 hours ago, akirby said:

You guys are trying to get a simple answer for an extremely complicated situation that changes daily.

The unusually high backlog of orders means even if they have parts there may be 100 other ps ahead of you.

Agree and understand from a Ford point of view as big company. But for companies to survive and thrive they must always consider the customer.  Ford is relying on Dealers to take care of the customer but for most part that is not happening.  Few dealers are used to taking care of customers in these situations.  Thus frustrated people in this forum trying to find info in a process we don’t understand or new to and that is leading to some sharp exchanges probably not aimed directly at you but more out of frustration.

1 hour ago, EB1959 said:

Built 3/18/22 !!!!!!

Est. Delivery date: between March 30, 2022 and April 5, 2022.

Interesting that my WS never showed a "Blend Date", but got the email this morning from Ford.  WS still shows everything I ordered including moon roof, power rear sliding window, upfitter switches and most importantly the 5th wheel prep.

built.jpg

Congrats EB, I think my build will happen very soon, my truck went into production on 3/15 and I have no 5th wheel prep so should be any day now.  Enjoy your new truck when you get it.

• Like 1

Hello everyone, I received the "A change in your 2022 Super Duty F-250 XL order." email last evening at 9:58 central time.  At first, I thought there was an attempt to schedule my order; however, after reading previous posts this morning, I realized I'm just one of many!  My order is as follows:

Order/Confirmation Date: 01/25/2022

F250 SCSB XL STX FX4 Antimatter Blue

7.3 Gas 3.55

Wheel Well Liners

Mud Flaps

Upfitter Switches

Running Boards

Power Rear Window

Camper Package

Trailer Brake Controller

UTTTPBA

Roof Clearance Lights

Hood Deflector

Box Link

LED Box Lighting

Remote Start

Drop-In Bed Liner

Hood Deflector

Sync 3

Privacy Glass

Block Heater

Edited by Danover321

1 hour ago, rbartee3 said:

Hello gang. I ordered my F-350 25 weeks ago on September 27, 2021. It's SWB, Lariat, 6.7 Diesel.  I am new to this forum. So my question is going to be redundant by I am beyond frustration, especially when I see Lariat orders in January are getting build dates. My dealer only provides BS patronizing to me which I can see straight through. I tried contacting the sales manager or customer relations at the dealer. My call got re-routed back to my salesman who continues to give information that is meaningless.

The latest line of garbage is: my salesman called me this evening to say, "You are going to receive an email from Ford. It is going to say your order will be filled soon (which the email did not say)" He went on to tell me that Ford is now shutting down all future orders for '22 Super Duties so I should receive a build date very soon (which is what he told me in September, and October, and November, and...). He also said that '23 orders will not be taken until December of this year. Then he tells me it is going to take until the end of the year to work through the '22 backlog. I've asked him whether plants are open or not; whether there is a chip shortage affecting my order; can he tell me what parts are delaying my order. As I'm sure other's have experience... absolutely zero customer care and zero reliable, meaningful information.

- Are there other's still out there that order in September or even earlier that are still waiting for build dates and VINs?

- What is reality? Is Ford even building trucks?

- Did Ford really shut down future orders? How does this even help me when I've been waiting for 6 months for a build date and VIN?

- Is it really going to take until the end of the year to work through the back log? I'm afraid I'm not going to see my truck until September, October, or even later this year.

- All I want to know is where I am in line. I can wait in line, but not knowing where I am in line is very frustrating. It's worst than those stupid ques at Disney land where you wind wind wind, think you are close, then turn a corner and there are 7 more layers of winding.

- This whole thing is ridiculous... I am dumbfounded that after two years that US Manufacturers can't pull there heads out of where ever they are stuck and fix all of this. Weren't we the USA at one time. Weren't we the model of Capitalism and Consumption everyone wanted to be??? Silly me for wanting a good work truck for work...

Extremely frustrated... feel alone in this... just needed to vent.

Cheers to any replies. 

Sorry to read of your frustration.  Maybe listing your truck configuration will help others know what you ordered and which options you selected.  There are a handful of options that have been holding up orders for a long time, AS, spray in bed liner and 5th wheel prep are the most notable.  A good dealer knows this and reaches out to the customer and notifies them that if they don't cancel those options, the order might not confirm for 29 or more weeks, that's what my dealer told me almost a month after I ordered on 12/7/2021.  After removing those three options, I got my order confirmation a few days later, now my truck is in production after 5 date slides totaling 6 weeks.

14 hours ago, ice-capades said:

It would be pretty stupid to place a retail order for a customer and then change it to a "Stock" order. The stock order will take longer to schedule and won't have price protection. 

Are you calling my dealer stupid, because I sure did!

It was the GM at the dealership that changed mine from retail to stock.  You may remember, I raised holy heck when I discovered that bone headed move.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rbartee3 said:

He also said that '23 orders will not be taken until December of this year. Then he tells me it is going to take until the end of the year to work through the '22 backlog.

That would make ZERO sense for Ford.  OEM's set their timing plans in play years before, and incrementing a new model year on an existing product in December is pretty much unheard of.

31 minutes ago, road turtle said:

Are you calling my dealer stupid, because I sure did!

It was the GM at the dealership that changed mine from retail to stock.  You may remember, I raised holy heck when I discovered that bone headed move.

Glad I'm not the only one.

How did you find out it was changed and the person who changed it?