2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

So curious if there is a common denominator with that email from last night. So far the only things I seem to have in common with others that received that email is the console safe and the Antimatter Blue. Has anyone received that email from last night that did not have those options? I know I am playing detective here, but what else can I do? haha

19 minutes ago, traynoral said:

So curious if there is a common denominator with that email from last night. So far the only things I seem to have in common with others that received that email is the console safe and the Antimatter Blue. Has anyone received that email from last night that did not have those options? I know I am playing detective here, but what else can I do? haha

I do not have either of those options. F-350 PSD, carbonized gray, BAP, fifth wheel prep, lariat ultimate, and I received the same email. 

Edited by Blackhawk23

33 minutes ago, traynoral said:

I don’t have either.

250 7.3 lariat tremor, star white, ultimate, BAP, UTT, winch, upfitters, garage opener. 

Ordered and confirmed 1FEB. Nothing else until this spam email.

Edited by bpete12

12 hours ago, rxwoody said:

Has anyone got an email like this? First thing I have heard since I got my confirmation email on 12/9. I am assuming I am going to be hit hard by commodity restrictions, thinking about taking some stuff off.

F350 Platinum Tremor in Antimatter Blue

7.3 Godzilla with Fifth wheel prep, moon roof, console vault, spray in bedliner, power running boards, upfitter switches. 

14174D63-C8E2-41CF-9AB0-B5FFA6D917D7.thumb.jpeg.2dff71251857550ffb1dadd1c3947bfc.jpeg

I got that too. At first I got a little excited and  was like "Did I get scheduled?!?!?!" But.......no. 

Nothing especially troublesome in my spec. Besides what's in my signature I optioned for mud flaps, rubber floor mats and the tailgate step. None of those use a semiconductor chip.....I hope. ?

The Lariat doesn't have much electronic stuff besides the ECU, B&O stereo and maybe cruise control that I can think of.

No choice but to keep waiting.

Edited by tjm73
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, rxwoody said:

Has anyone got an email like this? First thing I have heard since I got my confirmation email on 12/9. I am assuming I am going to be hit hard by commodity restrictions, thinking about taking some stuff off.

F350 Platinum Tremor in Antimatter Blue

7.3 Godzilla with Fifth wheel prep, moon roof, console vault, spray in bedliner, power running boards, upfitter switches. 

14174D63-C8E2-41CF-9AB0-B5FFA6D917D7.thumb.jpeg.2dff71251857550ffb1dadd1c3947bfc.jpeg

I received the same email..... probably everyone else who is waiting

1 hour ago, traynoral said:

Got the same email.  Attached is my build.  

Ordered 1/31/22.

On 3/4/22 I changed the color from AntiBlue to IcoSilver.

I did not order AS, 5th prep and bedliner as advised by salesman.  Don't need AS and I will do 5th prep myself and get line X when I'm done.  (Other posts have me considering color matching the liner iconic silver)

IMG_0683.HEIC

250build.pdf

Edited by Durango
added pdf

From the few post I've seen on this email topic, these seem to be the high end Tech laden models Platinums, King Ranch, Limiteds and upper level Lariats. A whole lot more need for Chips than the XLT I ordered on Jan 21 and it's in production already. I stayed away from all the extra powered items  and commodity items in hopes of having a better chance of getting built sooner. Hopefully all you guys that have been waiting so long get your trucks soon, but damn this sucks having to wait at all. 

1107574837_ScreenShot2022-03-19at8_43_07AM.thumb.png.21fb85c0fc8d2ac3c74f9267dcbd7a0d.png1861848738_ScreenShot2022-03-19at8_43_39AM.thumb.png.0762939a044a627f40981d7045bcaf29.png

The email we received is a little different from what I'm seeing other people have received. It looks like our pickup started in production on 3/17, but was not fully built. I see other people have had their pickups built this week, so not sure why our pickup is on hold. Has anyone else received an email this week saying that they are working to assemble their pickup, but it's going to take more time?

Edited by BuffaloBasinGal

25 minutes ago, NM04Ford said:

From the few post I've seen on this email topic, these seem to be the high end Tech laden models Platinums, King Ranch, Limiteds and upper level Lariats. A whole lot more need for Chips than the XLT I ordered on Jan 21 and it's in production already. I stayed away from all the extra powered items  and commodity items in hopes of having a better chance of getting built sooner. Hopefully all you guys that have been waiting so long get your trucks soon, but damn this sucks having to wait at all. 

Yeah that's what I thought at first too. But I got the email last night and mine is an XLT.

• Like 1

If order is scheduled for production = no email.

If order is not scheduled for production = email. 

37 minutes ago, BuffaloBasinGal said:

The email we received is a little different from what I'm seeing other people have received. It looks like our pickup started in production on 3/17, but was not fully built. I see other people have had their pickups built this week, so not sure why our pickup is on hold. Has anyone else received an email this week saying that they are working to assemble their pickup, but it's going to take more time?

The 'taking longer to assemble' email probably means your truck is on chip hold or in line at GFX.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mister Bill said:

Yes. My dealer just got back to me and said that all Ford orders (Super Duty or not) that are not in production and are more than 30-45 days old got this email.

55 minutes ago, NM04Ford said:

Mine is a Platinum. I didn’t get the email last night and mine has only been confirmed. No date scheduled or VIN. Still at a 19 priority 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mister Bill said:

19 minutes ago, traynoral said:

Yes. My dealer just got back to me and said that all Ford orders (Super Duty or not) that are not in production and are more than 30-45 days old got this email.

Not necessarily true. Mine has been on order and email confirmation since 2/7/22.  I haven’t been scheduled and no VIN. No email yesterday 

20 minutes ago, traynoral said:

Not ALL… I’m beyond 45 days and didn’t receive that email. I’ve been “in production” since 3/4 and have a well-optioned Lariat. Now that I’ve said that I’ll probably get that email

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, FirstFord22 said:

Not ALL… I’m beyond 45 days and didn’t receive that email. I’ve been “in production” since 3/4 and have a well-optioned Lariat. Now that I’ve said that I’ll probably get that email

knock on wood, haha...I know, it's not a funny subject but you did lighten up the stress, so I had to laugh, thanks...

My order has shown “in production “ for over a month now and still no updates. My window sticker has been unavailable for a week. I called my salesman and he’s out of town but will check on it Monday. He did say that he had received my title, so there’s some good news. I’m assuming my truck has been built if they’ve generated an actual title for it. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBasinGal said:

1107574837_ScreenShot2022-03-19at8_43_07AM.thumb.png.21fb85c0fc8d2ac3c74f9267dcbd7a0d.png1861848738_ScreenShot2022-03-19at8_43_39AM.thumb.png.0762939a044a627f40981d7045bcaf29.png

I got the same email. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bpete12 said:

Has anyone had luck adding the BAP without the bedliner. I know it is on the build and price tool, but haven’t heard of anyone being able to get it yet.

The Black Appearance Package less Sray-In Bedliner (17M) is still not available in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, art_vandelay said:

Not necessarily true. Mine has been on order and email confirmation since 2/7/22.  I haven’t been scheduled and no VIN. No email yesterday 

COVP order? The 30-45 day window may not be accurate. All unscheduled COVP orders older than X should have received the email. You may have just missed the cutoff date. 

Nonetheless, the email in itself is meaningless. It is only saying what most everyone already knows, it's going to be an extended wait time before being scheduled.

24 minutes ago, Bob103 said:

My order has shown “in production “ for over a month now and still no updates. My window sticker has been unavailable for a week. I called my salesman and he’s out of town but will check on it Monday. He did say that he had received my title, so there’s some good news. I’m assuming my truck has been built if they’ve generated an actual title for it. 

FYI... There is no "Title" for a new vehicle. Ford sends a "CO" (Certificate of Origin) to the Dealer which is then sent to the State DMV with the registration application. The State then issues the Title which is sent to the registered owner or lienholder. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

knock on wood, haha...I know, it's not a funny subject but you did lighten up the stress, so I had to laugh, thanks...

@787Toolman for me, I just try to see the positive side to the delays. I don’t need the rig by any specific time, so I just go with the flow… and continue to find more and more ways to spend money on her! ? @JT42 @tcritch3 and @Gharri30 are all bad influences. Between those three alone, I’ve probably already spent close to a grand, and now I’m going to order mud flaps ??‍♂️  ?

But I digress. Now that I’m in production, I at least know that the wheels of progress are turning. Before I canceled my first order I placed in November and placed the new one in February I wasn’t confident I was ever going to see a new rig. So as they say, laughter is the best medicine

Edited by FirstFord22
  • Haha 2