2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

4 hours ago, Sceve said:

Unbuilt MY22 trucks will not be rolled into MY23. Any unbuilt trucks once MY22 production ends will simply remain unbuilt and unscheduled. 

Wait, for real?  I just went into my dealer today (not saying they are right) but they told me it would roll over whatever stuff i have on my order that the MY2023 also use...That was the main reason I went in because I didn't want to have to start over from scratch.

11 hours ago, 22Tremor said:

First Post, playing the waiting game.

I put in my order on 12/3/21, and received confirmation email the same day.

Today I dropped the bed liner, tonneau cover, console safe, and 5th wheel hitch .  Hopefully it helps.  Being told by dealer I am still priority code 19.  I don't mind waiting, but those items I can handle if it speeds things along.

Not likely if your Dealer still has you at priority code 19 lumped in with a bunch of other unscheduled retail orders. 

5 hours ago, DaveMows said:

I was bumped once again to, spoke with dealer today and Im now scheduled for the week of 5/9. Started as week the of 3/21 and keeps getting moved. So lame! Really getting tired of it. At least its scheduled and a Priority 1. Who knows though, they all seem to be moving around a lot.

Priority codes have no function once the order is scheduled. 

Update:  Shipped email received early this morning! ?

F350, Lariat, DRW, SCLB, 6.7, 5th wheel, spray-in, winch, extended running boards, vehicle safe, skid plates, snowplow/camper, UTT, wheel liner, splash guard, upfitter, door opener, tailgate step, bed step, hood deflector, lariat value pkg, gooseneck ball, engine block heater,++(no AS).

Timeline:

9/24 - Ordered

10/7 - Order Confirmed email

2/1- Scheduled for production email for week of 3/7

2/4 - Scheduled for production email for week of 3/14

2/7 - Scheduled for production email for week of 3/7

2/25 - Scheduled for production email for week of 3/14

3/6 - Tracker shows "In production" - no email or "In production" date

3/7 - Window Sticker available with date of 3/7

3/10 - Window Sticker with date of 3/10

3/16 - Tracker still shows "In production" but with no production date

3/16 - Dealer informed me that it has been sent to the plant, and I have a build date of 3/20

3/18 - window sticker with date of 3/18

3/22 - Noticed that the Module Build Data shows many modules - good indication my truck is in the build process

3/22 - Tracker still shows no date for "in production" or "built"

3/23 - Tracker showed a 3/22 "in production" date 

3/23 - Dealer informed me that he sees a delivery date of April 23-29 

3/24 - Built email received, delivery date between April 23 and 29- tracker shows built with date of 3/23

3/25 - window sticker with date of 3/25

3/26 - Shipped email with arrival date between April 23-29. (tracker reflects shipped, but with no date)

Edited by cboy
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, cboy said:

Update:  Shipped email received early this morning! ?

F350, Lariat, DRW, SCLB, 6.7, 5th wheel, spray-in, winch, extended running boards, vehicle safe, skid plates, snowplow/camper, UTT, wheel liner, splash guard, upfitter, door opener, tailgate step, bed step, hood deflector, lariat value pkg, gooseneck ball, engine block heater,++(no AS).

Timeline:

9/24 - Ordered

10/7 - Order Confirmed email

2/1- Scheduled for production email for week of 3/7

2/4 - Scheduled for production email for week of 3/14

2/7 - Scheduled for production email for week of 3/7

2/25 - Scheduled for production email for week of 3/14

3/6 - Tracker shows "In production" - no email or "In production" date

3/7 - Window Sticker available with date of 3/7

3/10 - Window Sticker with date of 3/10

3/16 - Tracker still shows "In production" but with no production date

3/16 - Dealer informed me that it has been sent to the plant, and I have a build date of 3/20

3/18 - window sticker with date of 3/18

3/22 - Noticed that the Module Build Data shows many modules - good indication my truck is in the build process

3/22 - Tracker still shows no date for "in production" or "built"

3/23 - Tracker showed a 3/22 "in production" date 

3/23 - Dealer informed me that he sees a delivery date of April 23-29 

3/24 - Built email received, delivery date between April 23 and 29- tracker shows built with date of 3/23

3/25 - window sticker with date of 3/25

3/26 - Shipped email with arrival date between April 23-29. (tracker reflects shipped, but with no date)

Congrats, won’t be long now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, teecamp said:

Wait, for real?  I just went into my dealer today (not saying they are right) but they told me it would roll over whatever stuff i have on my order that the MY2023 also use...That was the main reason I went in because I didn't want to have to start over from scratch.

Semantics.  Ford doesn’t automatically convert the orders, but Ford will probably work with dealers to get them reordered as 2023s and give them priority over new 2023 orders.

Has anyone seen or gotten a truck built with Adaptive Steering (AS) recently, like this year?  I know one user that has a truck scheduled to be built in April with AS, and several other noted commodity constraints but that's the only one I'm aware of.  I'm starting to think AS is the real long lead time item, even more so than 5th wheel prep or spray in bed liner and if your order has AS, then that is the one item that creates a significant delay in build, just me putting 2+2 together, I could be wrong.

So I'm wondering, my last bump email was for a new build "week" of 3/28 and a build day of Tuesday the 29th. I look back a few pages of this thread and see some of you good folks got a bump email this last week. I've also read 3 different articles and one says KTP will be completely shut down next week, another says it will have only half a crew and the other says it will only have one shift. Which if I've understood it right the latter two are the same? I believe they run four twelve hour teams, anyway. I did not get a bump email that I was expecting last night, might my truck still be built this coming Tuesday the 29th? 

42 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

Has anyone seen or gotten a truck built with Adaptive Steering (AS) recently, like this year?  I know one user that has a truck scheduled to be built in April with AS, and several other noted commodity constraints but that's the only one I'm aware of.  I'm starting to think AS is the real long lead time item, even more so than 5th wheel prep or spray in bed liner and if your order has AS, then that is the one item that creates a significant delay in build, just me putting 2+2 together, I could be wrong.

I know of two F450 Lariat trucks built with AS. They both ordered in September 2021. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 787Toolman said:

My dealer has AS on 2 of the 4 trucks he currently has built and being shipped - a F-450 Platinum and a F-350 Platinum. They were price level 235 and 240, so were ordered after my 31st August order, as I have price level 230. Both of them also had 5th wheel prep and spray-in bed liners.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

My dealer has AS on 2 of the 4 trucks he currently has built and being shipped - a F-450 Platinum and a F-350 Platinum. They were price level 235 and 240, so were ordered after my 31st August order, as I have price level 230. Both of them also had 5th wheel prep and spray-in bed liners.

Rangers,

You might want to take a look again at your Preview Order.  I ordered 16 June 21 at price level 235.  PL 240 took effect on 8/23/21.

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Not likely if your Dealer still has you at priority code 19 lumped in with a bunch of other unscheduled retail orders. 

@ice-capadesIs the best thing to do ask them to escalate my order then?  I did ask about it and the response was "Priority Codes are done by the Factory".

Not sure the best option is being as I am 4 months in already.

20 minutes ago, 22Tremor said:

@ice-capadesIs the best thing to do ask them to escalate my order then?  I did ask about it and the response was "Priority Codes are done by the Factory".

Not sure the best option is being as I am 4 months in already.

Priority Codes are done by the Factory? Absolute BS. The Dealer submits the order to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. The default priority code is 19. The Dealer can assign a retail priority code in the 10-19 range. The priority codes should be assigned by the Dealer to reflect the order in which the Dealer wants the orders scheduled, usually based on the original order date. After 4 months, the Dealer should have contacted their Ford Zone Manager to request that the Ford regional office assign a 01 or 02 priority code, which can only be assigned by either the Ford regional office or Dearborn. Retail priority codes (10-19) and stock order priority codes (20-80) are all assigned by the Dealer, including priority code 99 which means "Do NOT Schedule".  

In WBDO, the Dealer also attaches the customer e-mail to the order. In addition, as part of the original order process, the Dealer submits the order information along with a copy of the signed Buyer's Order and the customer's Driver's License to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) which, once verified, qualifies the order for incremental allocation and priority scheduling.

WBDO_Retail Customer E-Mail.jpg

20 hours ago, Steelhorserider said:

I just talked to a guy at Ford and I guess my truck is built. It had a bad wiper motor, waiting for a new one to be put in and then it can be shipped. 

So close. Hopefully they get yours finished and shipped this week. Ours started production 3/17 and still does not show as built, but maybe we are in the same boat as you.

• Like 1

Anybody else notice that they are not scheduling orders this week. Another guaranteed week of waiting. Not the best way to head into a new week lol. Congrats on everyone getting their trucks! I'm glad they seem to be keeping up with quality despite the high volume of orders. 

13 hours ago, teecamp said:

Yeah not how it works they’d have to resubmit your order as a 23 

6 hours ago, sjmcken81 said:

Rangers,

You might want to take a look again at your Preview Order.  I ordered 16 June 21 at price level 235.  PL 240 took effect on 8/23/21.

Just confirmed and I am PL 230, ordered on 31st August 2021. Perhaps the US has different PL's from us in Canada.

1 hour ago, Rangers09 said:

Just confirmed and I am PL 230, ordered on 31st August 2021. Perhaps the US has different PL's from us in Canada.

We must be different on PL’s between US and our friends to the north orders, you had me rather confused when I knew I was a 235 from last June…and still waiting to get scheduled…have AS and most other constraints.

?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Steelhorserider said:

I just talked to a guy at Ford and I guess my truck is built. It had a bad wiper motor, waiting for a new one to be put in and then it can be shipped. 

So close. Hopefully they get yours finished and shipped this week. Ours started production 3/17 and still does not show as built, but maybe we are in the same boat as you.

22 hours ago, Fzappa1 said:

My journey is over, I picker her up today 

it was definitely worth the wait!!!! 

C6BF2D2A-B2C0-436C-9BC7-6FC702A45EC8.jpeg

Congrats Fzappa1, nice ride for hauling a big ass trailer.  What percent is your front tint and was that done at dealer or custom installer?

What does your overall build sheet look like, trim, model, options etc?