2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

26 minutes ago, BuffaloBasinGal said:

So close. Hopefully they get yours finished and shipped this week. Ours started production 3/17 and still does not show as built, but maybe we are in the same boat as you.

Mine went into production on 3/17 also. Got my W/S on 3/18 with a date of 3/17 on the bottom of the sticker my build date is 3/27 on 3/25 the date on the bottom of the sticker changed to 3/25. Hopefully that is the date it was sent to plant. My tracker still says in production also. I'm hoping that I will see BCE codes by the end of tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

Congrats Fzappa1, nice ride for hauling a big ass trailer.  What percent is your front tint and was that done at dealer or custom installer?

What does your overall build sheet look like, trim, model, options etc?

Ceramic 28% I’m not a kid anymore! Lol a local tint shop did the work. Yes I have a big ass trailer!  40 ft fifth wheel. She’s a lariat, 4x4 diesel, 3.55 limited slip. Safe, value pack, fifth wheel prep, upfitter switch, tailgate step, 2 tone iconic silver and carbonized grey, 3rd brake camera, a pretty simple built. I already made a custom fuel tank 55 gallon it’s lifted off the bed 4” so I can fit plywood or 4x4 and close the tailgate!  Bed mat etc. 

2A1752BC-DF89-48C2-A4A7-C279E1D6FA4F.jpeg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fzappa1 said:

Ceramic 28% I’m not a kid anymore! Lol a local tint shop did the work. Yes I have a big ass trailer!  40 ft fifth wheel. She’s a lariat, 4x4 diesel, 3.55 limited slip. Safe, value pack, fifth wheel prep, upfitter switch, tailgate step, 2 tone iconic silver and carbonized grey, 3rd brake camera, a pretty simple built. I already made a custom fuel tank 55 gallon it’s lifted off the bed 4” so I can fit plywood or 4x4 and close the tailgate!  Bed mat etc. 

Thanks for the build details man, that's a nice bed setup, when you fill up that tank you will be cussing someone but I won't say who, gets me in trouble with the moderators, lol.  I think I will do a mat too since couldn't get spray in liner at KTP but I'll decide after I take ownership in a few weeks.  So is 28% what it allows to pass?  I thought 28% is super dark, if that is the case, isn't it hard to see at night?  I'm thinking I'll go with 35% light pass.  I drove my 2017 with no front window tint, kind of feels like your driving with no clothes on, haha.  Everyone else, even the cops have super dark tint and can't even tell if someone is driving or not.

Edited by 787Toolman

23 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

Thanks for the build details man, that's a nice bed setup, when you fill up that tank you will be cussing someone but I won't say who, gets me in trouble with the moderators, lol.  I think I will do a mat too since couldn't get spray in liner at KTP but I'll decide after I take ownership in a few weeks.  So is 28% what it allows to pass?  I thought 28% is super dark, if that is the case, isn't it hard to see at night?  I'm thinking I'll go with 35% light pass.  I drove my 2017 with no front window tint, kind of feels like your driving with no clothes on, haha.  Everyone else, even the cops have super dark tint and can't even tell if someone is driving or not.  

your correct the lower the number the darker the tint 35 is very light, my last truck had 20% it’s too dark for me, 28 is a happy medium for me. The picture was at night so it appears darker. I chose a mat because I know the aluminum bed won’t be as durable as a steel one. Plus stuff doesn’t slide around . I might spray the bed. I have a trip planned in 2 weeks so just enough time to break her in!! 

I had a 2019 Ram Powerwagon, which I really didn't like and was offered stupid money for so I sold it. In about the second week of January I ordered an F250 Platinum, with pretty much every option available except the 7.3 gas engine instead of the Powerstroke. No more diesels for me, not with the current emission controls (primarily the DPF). My dealer has made all kinds of promises and excuses, but I haven't received anything from Ford via email confirming the order, which the dealer told me to expect. They then changed that to I'll only receive emails once the truck is scheduled for build. Looking at some of the order dates here compared to delivery dates I don't know if I'll see the truck I ordered before the change over to 2023 MY trucks.

Should I have received a confirmation email from Ford when the order was placed? The dealer seems to be trying to keep me out of the loop, I think they're hoping I'll buy elsewhere and they can have this truck for inventory since they claim they're getting 10K over sticker on a truck like this that's in stock, ready to deliver.

Thanks

5 hours ago, sjmcken81 said:

We must be different on PL’s between US and our friends to the north orders, you had me rather confused when I knew I was a 235 from last June…and still waiting to get scheduled…have AS and most other constraints.

?

Based on Ice-Capades info, I suspect another gremlin. I don't have AS or spray-in bedliner, but with a F-450 KRU have most of the other commodity issues. I just got scheduled last week, for a "scheduled to day" of 1st April. Haven't got the window sticker yet, so that may have changed.

Hopefully you will get a VIN soon.

9 hours ago, CSX4350 said:

I had a 2019 Ram Powerwagon, which I really didn't like and was offered stupid money for so I sold it. In about the second week of January I ordered an F250 Platinum, with pretty much every option available except the 7.3 gas engine instead of the Powerstroke. No more diesels for me, not with the current emission controls (primarily the DPF). My dealer has made all kinds of promises and excuses, but I haven't received anything from Ford via email confirming the order, which the dealer told me to expect. They then changed that to I'll only receive emails once the truck is scheduled for build. Looking at some of the order dates here compared to delivery dates I don't know if I'll see the truck I ordered before the change over to 2023 MY trucks.

Should I have received a confirmation email from Ford when the order was placed? The dealer seems to be trying to keep me out of the loop, I think they're hoping I'll buy elsewhere and they can have this truck for inventory since they claim they're getting 10K over sticker on a truck like this that's in stock, ready to deliver.

Thanks

I got this email while I was still at the dealership. Ordered 12/9. F350 Platinum Tremor with all of the commodity restraints except AS. Only other communication was an email a week or two ago that was sent out to what seems like everyone with outstanding orders saying there. Did you sign an order sheet and give them a copy of your drivers license? 

0830F495-C824-47DA-A3F1-8DF3D75DDDBF.jpeg

10 hours ago, CSX4350 said:

Thanks

Could be a couple of possibilities. As mentioned earlier in the forum, did you confirm if they entered your email correct? Also if you are in Canada for whatever reason we don't get any of the emails with updates unless it's from the dealer. Maybe try calling Ford customer service to confirm if the correct email was entered first?

Hope that helps

13 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

Based on Ice-Capades info, I suspect another gremlin. I don't have AS or spray-in bedliner, but with a F-450 KRU have most of the other commodity issues. I just got scheduled last week, for a "scheduled to day" of 1st April. Haven't got the window sticker yet, so that may have changed.

Hopefully you will get a VIN soon.

You got scheduled just last week for April 1st?  What was the original scheduled to “week” when you got scheduled last week?  I haven’t seen anyone get a scheduled build date so soon after getting their VIN.  Especially for an F450. 

Edited by manko

I saw that Ice-Capades posted that there will be no production scheduling the week of 3/28. My question is this, I'm scheduled for production for the " day" of 3/29 and have not received any emails pushing me out a week. Will my truck be built on the 29th or is the Kentucky Truck Plant shuttered next week? I really appreciate any feedback, thank you! 

36 minutes ago, F250less said:

I saw that Ice-Capades posted that there will be no production scheduling the week of 3/28. My question is this, I'm scheduled for production for the " day" of 3/29 and have not received any emails pushing me out a week. Will my truck be built on the 29th or is the Kentucky Truck Plant shuttered next week? I really appreciate any feedback, thank you! 

There is no 2022 Super Duty scheduling next week. It has nothing to do with KTP (Kentucky Truck Plant) operations.

15 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

There is no 2022 Super Duty scheduling next week. It has nothing to do with KTP (Kentucky Truck Plant) operations.

Awesome!! Thank you Ice-Capades for the info, I can continue to be completely pumped that my wait is almost done.

6 hours ago, rxwoody said:

I got this email while I was still at the dealership. Ordered 12/9. F350 Platinum Tremor with all of the commodity restraints except AS. Only other communication was an email a week or two ago that was sent out to what seems like everyone with outstanding orders saying there. Did you sign an order sheet and give them a copy of your drivers license? 

Honestly I think they copied my drivers license, but I do not remember signing an order sheet. They also refused to accept a deposit.

If the adaptive steering is a commodity restraint that's going to be one of my issues, if the order was actually placed. Two weeks ago when I checked last, the dealer told me there were no options on my truck that were showing as being a supply line issue.

Can someone give me the phone number for customer service to confirm the order was placed? I have a number for them, but probably a different area as this was over a service issue. They may not want to talk to me anymore at that number.... They probably have me flagged. I raised a bit of a stink after my 1,300 mile truck was down for four months waiting for a new engine. Ford was so uncooperative on that one I actually had to go buy another vehicle so I'd have something to drive while they tried to get a new engine.

Edited by CSX4350

2 hours ago, manko said:

You got scheduled just last week for April 1st?  What was the original scheduled to “week” when you got scheduled last week?  I haven’t seen anyone get a scheduled build date so soon after getting their VIN.  Especially for an F450. 

Yes, I was very surprised at that quick a build date. Totally bypassed the "Scheduled to Week" and was immediately given a "Scheduled to Day". However, I still don't have a window sticker available, so it may have been pushed back. Should get an update tomorrow from the dealer.

Order a XLT SCSB 7.3 also had 5th wheel package. Last week dropped the 5th wheel package. Now I'm wondering if the super cab is a big issue to cause delays. I know the majority of New builds are crew cabs.

Does anyone know if the SC could hold up production of the truck? Thanks

1 hour ago, 7.3-4-me said:

Order a XLT SCSB 7.3 also had 5th wheel package. Last week dropped the 5th wheel package. Now I'm wondering if the super cab is a big issue to cause delays. I know the majority of New builds are crew cabs.

Does anyone know if the SC could hold up production of the truck? Thanks

I ordered a SC and it was built and is waiting on a wiper motor at the plant. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frog_Legs said:

I’ve had my F450 platinum ordered on 10/21 originally scheduled to 3/7 and now pushed out to the week of 4/25. I’ve never been scheduled to the day. Just another data point for those trying to keep score in a game with ever changing variables. ?

Good for you Frog_Legs, I’m so jealous. Ordered my F450 Platinum  4/28 and haven’t heard a thing, other than my dealer telling me it hasn’t been scheduled and they have any other info. I removed factory Bed liner but kept AS, 2 weeks ago.  Not sure what the build dates are for scheduling but, looks like no camping this year?. I don’t believe AS is the hold up like Ford is claiming, had two friends order F450’s in September both with AS and they are both built. Has to be something with trim level 

My History

F350 4x4 CCSB 6.7 Lariat Ultimate

3.31 Electronic Locking

Power Running Boards

Engine Block Heater

Skid Plates

Moon Roof

Adaptive Cruise Control

Pro Trailer Backup

Fifth Wheel Hitch Prep

LED Headlamps

Rain Sensing Wipers

Wheel Well Liners

Splash Guards

20” Wheels

Upfitter Switches

397 Amp Alternator

Garage Door Opener

Hood Deflector

Ordered 10/26. 
Confirmed 10/26. 
Scheduled to week of 4/28 on 1/13. 

Pushed out to week of 3/7 on 2/11. 

Pushed out to week of 3/14 on 3/2. 

Pushed out to week of 3/21 on 3/3. 

BUILT ON 3/26. 

Now I have to wait for the installation of some of those options at GFX. 

Then wait and see how long it will take to ship it out here to California. 

But I do think there is actually some light at the end of the tunnel. 

Update:  Just received my email from Ford saying the truck has been built, with a projected delivery date between 4/14 and 4/20. 

Edited by Late Apex 61
  • Like 1