2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

15 minutes ago, FTwoFiddy said:

Well, after what seemed like an eternity, I finally picked my truck up from the dealer last night. Order date 10/22/21. Build date 3/21/22. Delivery 3/28/22. I have to say the wait is more than worth it and made it that much better to finally get it. Extremely impressed with the truck. Hang in there everyone who is still waiting, you won’t be disappointed. 

558A3A6A-DE5B-4ACE-8379-53282875C8F0.jpeg

Wow that’s beautiful lol, is that the star white?

Well, after what seemed like an eternity, I finally picked my truck up from the dealer last night. Order date 10/22/21. Build date 3/21/22. Delivery 3/28/22. I have to say the wait is more than worth it and made it that much better to finally get it. Extremely impressed with the truck. Hang in there everyone who is still waiting, you won’t be disappointed. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, FTwoFiddy said:

558A3A6A-DE5B-4ACE-8379-53282875C8F0.jpeg

How far from KTP are you that it was delivered in 7 days from build?  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FTwoFiddy said:

Yes, it is star white. Have had 5 black vehicles in a row and was ready for a change. Happy with my decision.

Looks great, i went with the Oxford white/stone gray. Making me wish i did star white and oh yeah I’ve never owned a black vehicle. 

11 hours ago, tcritch3 said:

Have you considered…

Dually tailgate lights

Raptor grille lights

Recon lighted emblems???

?

You’re killing me! I have considered the dually lights and lighted emblems. I already have the raptor grille lights, and I’m going to wait and see how she looks with those and the roof marker lights before I purchase anymore visible from the front and sides. 

Now as for the dually lights… man I hate you ???. Time to do more research

Mine is supposed to be on a train somewhere between KTP and the ramp in Massachusetts.  My last vehicle hit the dealer in 10 days (and that included adding company graphics) so I am hopeful it might get here before my PCO expires on 4/4.  This is a new dealer for me and he says he can't get the railcar info so I just have to wait and hope I guess.

Edited by NH_Bulldog

38 minutes ago, Max4wKR said:

I highly recommend the ready lift 2.5” leveling kit with the 5100 Blisten shocks & a set of toyo open country M/Ts the life in them are amazing. I’m “patiently” waiting for my truck to arrive so i can get it those items on asap ?

Got all the above with the exception of the Bilstein shocks. Also got the TIS 547B in 20x10. 

Now it’s time to call the installer about the shocks!

Now you’re on the list as well ?

15 minutes ago, NH_Bulldog said:

Mine is supposed to be on a train somewhere between KTP and the ramp in Massachusetts.  My last vehicle hit the dealer in 10 days (and that included adding company graphics) so I am hopeful it might get here before my PCO expires on 4/4.  This is a new dealer for me and he says he can't get the railcar info so I just have to wait and hope I guess.

Your PCO should be good regardless of delivery date. The dealer honored mine that expired on 1/3 because of when I ordered. 

11 hours ago, tcritch3 said:

This does happen to me and I can get it to repopulate but sometimes it acts like it is going to track and then puts me back to the main tracking screen. It’s a bit fickle but it’s not the end of the world when that happens. 

Happened to me often. I would just manually enter my order number and paste my VIN then no issues

29 minutes ago, FirstFord22 said:

Got all the above with the exception of the Bilstein shocks. Also got the TIS 547B in 20x10. 

Now it’s time to call the installer about the shocks!

Now you’re on the list as well ?

I actually was looking at the tis wheels, I’m just running 35 M/T on the stock wheels but am considering running a set of after market wheels 

44 minutes ago, NH_Bulldog said:

The rail carrier and rail car number are available in the Vehicle Visibility report which your Dealer can access 24/7. 

50 minutes ago, FirstFord22 said:

You’re killing me! I have considered the dually lights and lighted emblems. I already have the raptor grille lights, and I’m going to wait and see how she looks with those and the roof marker lights before I purchase anymore visible from the front and sides. 

Now as for the dually lights… man I hate you ???. Time to do more research

If it goes on my list, I have to share it with everyone else! ?

1 hour ago, Max4wKR said:

I highly recommend the ready lift 2.5” leveling kit with the 5100 Blisten shocks & a set of toyo open country M/Ts the life in them are amazing. I’m “patiently” waiting for my truck to arrive so i can get it those items on asap ?

Can you add a link for the leveling kit you're installing?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tcritch3 said:

Can you add a link for the leveling kit you're installing?

https://www.americantrucks.com/readylift-superduty-250-inch-coil-spring-front-lift-kit-bilstein-front-rear-shocks-46-2724.html

here you go!

price is a little high but the leveling kit with the springs alone are $649 and out of stock then the Blisten 5100s are $419 i think for the front and rear but honestly worth it imo plus free shipping through them 

Edited by Max4wKR
Update
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The rail carrier and rail car number are available in the Vehicle Visibility report which your Dealer can access 24/7. 

Thanks, that is what I figured since after 17 different Fords, it has never been an issue. But I have never worked with this particular dealer before (it is only a relationship of convenience since they happened to have the exact truck I wanted already on order) and although I told him how he can get the information for me, he doesn't seem to want to try to put any effort into it.  They don't want to work with X-Plan, they add a "market adjustment" to MSRP and he says he can't ask for an extension of my PCO either (although I gave him the information and number that I received from marketing to request the extension).   All very frustrating.

49 minutes ago, Max4wKR said:

https://www.americantrucks.com/readylift-superduty-250-inch-coil-spring-front-lift-kit-bilstein-front-rear-shocks-46-2724.html

here you go!

price is a little high but the leveling kit with the springs alone are $649 and out of stock then the Blisten 5100s are $419 i think for the front and rear but honestly worth it imo plus free shipping through them 

Thank you! That kit looks really nice. Everything I have heard from people that install level kits is that the coil replacement ones are the only way to go. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tcritch3 said:

Thank you! That kit looks really nice. Everything I have heard from people that install level kits is that the coil replacement ones are the only way to go. 

That’s what i looked for in all honesty i didn’t want to have the blocks for the leveling. More of a all around comfortable ride and make it as close to stock as possible (for ride quality). The Blisten 5100s have been on a friends of mine for 4 or 5 years and is lifted all that stuff and truck rides smoother than most trucks I’ve been in lol. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NH_Bulldog said:

Thanks, that is what I figured since after 17 different Fords, it has never been an issue. But I have never worked with this particular dealer before (it is only a relationship of convenience since they happened to have the exact truck I wanted already on order) and although I told him how he can get the information for me, he doesn't seem to want to try to put any effort into it.  They don't want to work with X-Plan, they add a "market adjustment" to MSRP and he says he can't ask for an extension of my PCO either (although I gave him the information and number that I received from marketing to request the extension).   All very frustrating.

Great, another example of a Ford Dealer that's too lazy and can't be bothered to do their job and provide the information a customer requires. It's simply amazing how many Dealers are either so lazy or incompetent to realize that the little time and effort it takes to provide customers with retail orders such information. Sure, many dealerships are working with lower staff levels than pre-pandemic and there's been a tremendous increase in the volume of retail orders. For more than 35+ years of managing inventory, my policy was to be pro-active and provide retail customers with order status updates before they felt a need to ask. Each morning I prepared a Vehicle Visibility report showing the current and/or updated status for every retail and fleet order that was distributed to the General Manager, Sales Manager, Fleet Manager, Finance/Business Managers and all Sales Representatives that had retail orders. It took all of a half hour to produce and distribute the information. 

At some point the microchip shortage situation will be history and commodity restraints and supplier issues will ease. But in the future, when today's customers return to the market again, those customers and enthusiasts that have been treated so poorly, those customers are going to remember the dealership experience. Short-sighted management decisions, policies and practices do not make for long term success and customer loyalty.   

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Great, another example of a Ford Dealer that's too lazy and can't be bothered to do their job and provide the information a customer requires. ...   

Yep.  There are many dealers that are not adding anything of value to the purchasing process.  Try to test drive a vehicle? NOPE None available, all sold, no gas, etc... unless you want to pay their asking price.  Do you have a question about the vehicle or buying process? You may or may not get accurate information. "Buyer beware" really is a thing with dealers.   

Perhaps Ford (and other manufacturers) are going to realize that their old sales model using dealers is not working.  If the independent dealerships go away, they have themselves to blame. 

I think I just may be more obsessed now that she’s being shipped - or would that be transported since it’s by train and not a ship?! Eh hmm, squirrel. I just got off the phone with the CSX automated system and she is en route and will be in Florida by 4/1. Time to secure financing!

Just purchased the 2.0 Fox shocks with dual stabilizers. I’ve never added this many toys to any of my previous vehicles ?