2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

35 minutes ago, NH_Bulldog said:

Simply put, your truck is sent from the factory by rail or by convoy.  Rail is obvious.  Convoy is a car hauler/transport truck.  I am not sure of the reason, but the week my truck was built, a bunch of new trucks were transported by “convoy” directly to several area dealers, resulting in trucks that were built the same day as mine getting to the dealer nearly immediately, while mine went by rail and has been sitting at the ramp for days upon days waiting for that final delivery leg to the dealer.  The ones that went by convoy were simply dealer stock order F250 Lariats (If someone enjoys a good conspiracy theory, they could read a lot into this).

Very interesting, nearly 1200 miles from my dealer to the KY plant. 

I wonder if it being a dually has anything to do with transport method?

1 hour ago, Blown32 said:

Same here, I have to confess I really don't know what "convoy" means.  I tried searches but didn't find a definitive answer.

Hard to believe that rail isn't the first or even primary means of transport as Colorado has large automotive rail yards.  I could see road transport being used for close states but Kentucky is quite a ways from the Colorado front range. 

If anyone can provide a explanation of convoy it would be appreciated.

Not an unusual question.  From what I've read, most vehicles are shipped by rail to a regional hub where they are transferred to a trucking company for delivery to dealers.  Trucks within a few hundred miles go by truck, not rail.  Convoy appears on most window stickers regardless of shipping method.  Convoy is one of those quirky things that doesn't really mean much. 

22 minutes ago, Blown32 said:

A while back there was a post that indicated some could be delayed because there was only one location on a car carrier that would accommodate a dually.

20 minutes ago, PineNut said:

Not an unusual question.  From what I've read, most vehicles are shipped by rail to a regional hub where they are transferred to a trucking company for delivery to dealers.  Trucks within a few hundred miles go by truck, not rail.  Convoy appears on most window stickers regardless of shipping method.  Convoy is one of those quirky things that doesn't really mean much. 

Thanks, that makes sense.

42 minutes ago, Blown32 said:

I’m in Utah and mine says rail. It’s not shipped yet but hopefully this week it will be. 

1 hour ago, akirby said:

It’s an internal date that means nothing,  Leave it alone!

Okay, fair enough...so it means nothing only in the context of order tracking and for discussion in this forum...got it.   But it does mean something to someone, or else why would a software engineer have written the software code to put it there, and change it upon a review/display event.  ?

I was just trying to help hone in on a viable answer to those curious minds that were asking about it, and I thought icecapes response was reasonable.

On 4/1/2022 at 12:49 AM, PanteraCFH said:

Just throwing my timeline into the mix:

2/1: Ordered at Morgan Hill Ford

2/3: Confirmation email

3/7: Sched. Week of 5/2

Today: Sched. Week of 4/25!

6.7 350 Lariat 4x4 CCLB

Amazed how quickly things are moving, still prepared for worse. ?

You my friend are a very lucky person for such a quick turn around. Wish can say the same thing for myself, unfortunately I am still waiting for a vin. Ordered 11/24

• Like 2

Ordered 1 June 2021 Rapid Red F-250 Lariat 7.3L gasser Tremor with Blackout package and Lariat Ultimate packages. Moonroof, Winch, Upfitter, Vehicle Safe, UTT Camera Pro Trailer Backup, Rain sensing, Adaptive Cruise, Splash Guards,  Garage door opener, Hood Deflector,  Floor Mat and no carpet. Truck was built week before last and shipped. It’s sitting in a train yard in Saint Louis. Dealership stated is roughly a month before they receive it. Assuming this is accurate, I will have been waiting 10 Months and 2 weeks.  It took Ford around 9 months to build my truck I’ve noted a lot of folks upset that the truck they order isn’t scheduled for production yet. Patients and due diligence is the mandate if you want a new truck from Ford or any other vehicle manufacturer. More than likely this is the new norm.  I’m super stoked that there’s movement forward. It’s been a long haul. The dealership here in Wyoming has been true their word every step of the way. I went down this week and worked out the financial stuff and the dealership never wavered on the agreed 10 month price quote  price and my  trade in value. For those of you complaining about production time stop you damn whining . A lot of us have been waiting for almost a year. Talk your your dealer…..if they won’t help…….find another dealer.  I highly encourage all who are considering or have recently ordered a super duty to read these forums……especially the remarks from ice capades.  Hope this helps. 

• Like 2

I’ve got on order an F350 CCLB FX4, XLT premium package. I’ve asked the dealer to put a couple of add-ons, namely 

1. Upfitter switches
2. Roof clearance lamps / lights
3. Power adjustable pedals

Order does show Preferred Equipment Package  613A, which I’m not certain what that means.

Salesman is telling me that he can’t do it in the system and so my order doesn’t include these. Is it possible Ford is not allowing these options due to shortages?  Any experienced folks know of issues or is the salesman just incompetent?

1 hour ago, Phill DaBank said:

I’ve got on order an F350 CCLB FX4, XLT premium package. I’ve asked the dealer to put a couple of add-ons, namely 

1. Upfitter switches

Order does show Preferred Equipment Package  613A, which I’m not certain what that means.

Salesman is telling me that he can’t do it in the system and so my order doesn’t include these. Is it possible Ford is not allowing these options due to shortages?  Any experienced folks know of issues or is the salesman just incompetent?

My first read of your post is you want to add these after build at the dealer or shop, if that is not what you meant, my apologies.  If the order has not been confirmed, might be able to add the options but might also depend on other options selected.

I'll give you my thoughts...Just about every electrical option on the new Super Duties is controlled by a programmable module, so almost guaranteed the BCE codes will need to be updated but not impossible.  Now, for the real hard PIA option of adding roof clearance lights, that would require cutting 5 holes in the roof at exactly the correct location, not easy plus they are not round holes but rectangle with a notch, very difficult to do and you could ruin the roof is you slip up one tiny bit not to mention the paint issue.  Upfitter switches are probably the easiest to add but then they'd need to add 6 dedicated relays in the slots for each function in the engine compartment fuse panel plus add any wiring that might not be available on every trim or option configuration.  Today's new trucks are not user friendly for adding electrical options unless they are just stupid simple, which not many are.  Power adjustable pedals might be the one option that is not too bad, but since they are integrated into the programable memory settings for steering wheel, mirrors, seats or anything in the cab with a memory setting so it too would be controlled by a programmable module.  I'd have to assume the programmable modules are already included but if your truck is pretty basic, some of the advanced function modules may not be included in every trim or option package.  Sorry to be party pooper but I'm a realist, if you were very handy and didn't mind making mistakes, you could do it all yourself but by the time you were done, you'd probably say you should have ordered the truck this way, none of these three options were constrained commodities, my King Ranch has all those options, and it was built with no serious delays.  Good luck...

Edited by 787Toolman
added my understanding of post questions

1. Upfitter switches

To figure out a package, check the Dealer Order Guide for Super Dutys. In the top menu, it is 3rd from the left. Select and navigate to the Super Duty, selecting US or Canada, as applicable.

1 hour ago, 787Toolman said:

My first read of your post is you want to add these after build at the dealer or shop, if that is not what you meant, my apologies.  If the order has not been confirmed, might be able to add the options but might also depend on other options selected.

I'll give you my thoughts...Just about every electrical option on the new Super Duties is controlled by a programmable module, so almost guaranteed the BCE codes will need to be updated but not impossible.  Now, for the real hard PIA option of adding roof clearance lights, that would require cutting 5 holes in the roof at exactly the correct location, not easy plus they are not round holes but rectangle with a notch, very difficult to do and you could ruin the roof is you slip up one tiny bit not to mention the paint issue.  Upfitter switches are probably the easiest to add but then they'd need to add 6 dedicated relays in the slots for each function in the engine compartment fuse panel plus add any wiring that might not be available on every trim or option configuration.  Today's new trucks are not user friendly for adding electrical options unless they are just stupid simple, which not many are.  Power adjustable pedals might be the one option that is not too bad, but since they are integrated into the programable memory settings for steering wheel, mirrors, seats or anything in the cab with a memory setting so it too would be controlled by a programmable module.  I'd have to assume the programmable modules are already included but if your truck is pretty basic, some of the advanced function modules may not be included in every trim or option package.  Sorry to be party pooper but I'm a realist, if you were very handy and didn't mind making mistakes, you could do it all yourself but by the time you were done, you'd probably say you should have ordered the truck this way, none of these three options were constrained commodities, my King Ranch has all those options, and it was built with no serious delays.  Good luck...

My order isn’t confirmed yet. At the time the order was placed, the salesman said he couldn’t add those, but he couldn’t explain why. He did say that as a check, he tried it on a DRW (my order is for a SRW), and it let him add the options to it, but on my SRW he couldn’t. 

18 minutes ago, Phill DaBank said:

My order isn’t confirmed yet. At the time the order was placed, the salesman said he couldn’t add those, but he couldn’t explain why. He did say that as a check, he tried it on a DRW (my order is for a SRW), and it let him add the options to it, but on my SRW he couldn’t. 

Have you tried to build what you want using Ford's website?, It only takes a few minutes to confirm what options are available with specific build choices or options.  If you don't know how, post your build sheet and I'll build it online with the options you want, it tells you why you can't have an option and allows you to change other features to make it possible.

I have gone on Ford's website and tried to build out what I ordered, at least half of the options I ordered are not even there to select. No explanation, nothing greyed out, the options just aren't there. Things like the sunroof, winch, cab lights, none of it is even listed as an option to add.

I tried to build an F350 CCSB KR like I have in transit, options not available so I'd assume they are ready to stop building 2022s and release 2023 MY and build what they can with parts in the queue and not accept builds with long delays.  However, it did allow me to select several packages which include many options like LED lighting, moon roof and other items included in KR ultimate package.  No console safe, no PTO, no vinyl flooring, no rapid heat, no upfitter switches, no roof clearance lights as well as others.  If you really want those options, might get lucky and find something on a lot or wait and order a 2023.

3 hours ago, 787Toolman said:

I tried to build an F350 CCSB KR like I have in transit, options not available so I'd assume they are ready to stop building 2022s and release 2023 MY and build what they can with parts in the queue and not accept builds with long delays.  However, it did allow me to select several packages which include many options like LED lighting, moon roof and other items included in KR ultimate package.  No console safe, no PTO, no vinyl flooring, no rapid heat, no upfitter switches, no roof clearance lights as well as others.  If you really want those options, might get lucky and find something on a lot or wait and order a 2023.

I'm a little surprised Build & Price is still working because they stopped taking orders on the 1st.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cboy said:

Okay, fair enough...so it means nothing only in the context of order tracking and for discussion in this forum...got it.   But it does mean something to someone, or else why would a software engineer have written the software code to put it there, and change it upon a review/display event.  ?

I was just trying to help hone in on a viable answer to those curious minds that were asking about it, and I thought icecapes response was reasonable.

Yeah folks constantly ask about the sticker date.  I'll agree with you that the date has some meaning to Ford. The consensus here, which is based on observations and direct input from Ford employees as well as dealership employees, is that the date on the sticker has no value to the customer. Now you may be correct but it has never been validated so I would say the sticker date "has little or no meaning" to the customer.

Ford could just remove that "date" and encode the information on the sticker some other way.  :-)

41 minutes ago, EB1959 said:

Would my dealer know before me when my truck is on the way?  Would he know what trucking company is hauling it?  It's going via convoy, it's waiting to be loaded for delivery.

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that includes the complete order history, scheduling, production, shipping information and all related status updates. The vast majority of vehicles are shipped by rail, including those that may display "Convoy" as the shipping method on the Window Sticker. The Vehicle Visibility report will include the rail carrier and rail car number for units shipped by rail. Once the vehicle arrives at the final rail ramp destination, it's transferred to the assigned car hauling firm that will load the vehicle on a car carrier for delivery to the dealership. Once the vehicle has been dispatched, it'll be loaded onto a carrier for delivery. The Vehicle Visibility report will often show that the vehicle has been dispatched for delivery but it is not possible to track the car carrier. Due to equipment, staff and other factors, delays can be expected at any stage.  

• Like 2

Alright, I'm new to the "production" piece of this process (after waiting since my 8/25 order date).  I was scheduled to the day of 4/2/22.  I got an update today that it's not in production yet and no further updates.  I am part of batch 5061.  Has anyone else in that batch been built yet?  Is it common for batches to be delayed?  

I'm just wondering if I can expect to be built soon, or if this is an extension of the scheduling date changes we all saw in the previous weeks/months.  Has anyone else been in the same situation?

Thanks!

On Saturday I received an email from Ford saying that my truck had been built, with a delivery expected to be between 17-23 April. F350 Lariat DRW, deleted the AS and 5th wheel prep kit. Dealer has the 5th wheel prep kit ready to be installed when it arrives.