2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

I keep hearing that commodity issues are out of Fords control. What about bedliner and fifth wheel prep? There is no shortage of parts on these. Ford is allowing a bottleneck in their manufacturing process to hold up orders.  It took them months to offer the BAP without a bedliner option. And fifth wheel kits could be banged out by any sheet metal shop in the nation if they really wanted it. It’s poor management… I can’t believe they are allowing it to occur with their bread and butter… 

if Ford does not offer price protection for 22 to 23 carryovers. I will cancel my order and never look Fords way again. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBasinGal said:

Just when we thought we would be driving our new pickup next week, we get this email. This is taking "Ford"ever...?

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 9.12.08 PM.png

Damn, that’s four weeks!

That’s worse than pushing out the build date, because you were so close to actually receiving your truck. 

Strange to be delayed so much at this point in the process. So many variables, but still…

Here’s hoping they over-estimated your delay. 

Best of luck!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tmcguire said:

I keep hearing that commodity issues are out of Fords control. What about bedliner and fifth wheel prep? There is no shortage of parts on these. Ford is allowing a bottleneck in their manufacturing process to hold up orders.  It took them months to offer the BAP without a bedliner option. And fifth wheel kits could be banged out by any sheet metal shop in the nation if they really wanted it. It’s poor management… I can’t believe they are allowing it to occur with their bread and butter… 

if Ford does not offer price protection for 22 to 23 carryovers. I will cancel my order and never look Fords way again. 

According to Ice-Capades on the last page, if you don't get scheduled for a 22 build there will be no carryovers to 23, and no priority (or price protection) given to those who waited and never got their truck. So you won't have to cancel, they'll cancel it for you as soon as they transition to the 23 MY. I don't think I'm going to get mine, I ordered a Platinum 7.3 with virtually every option available, even though the dealer keeps telling me they're not showing any commodity restrictions I haven't heard a word about my truck. All customer service will say is "the order has been received" and the dealer can't tell me any more than that. I haven't even received the order confirmation email from Ford. You'd think for $81,000 they'd at least keep you in the loop.

My dealer said orders take "10 to 12 weeks", he's got a great sense of humor!

Edited by CSX4350

18 hours ago, Sh6l9by said:

Yes sir “Palm Sunday” I’ve been figuring it was going to take an act of God to get this truck. I verified this morning with my dealership it was supposed to be 4/7/22 moved last week to 4/10 

Window sticker changed this morning bottom of sticker went from 3/31 to 4/8 and batch and number changed 

I will say a prayer for your Sunday build sir...no joke here...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, JB & JB said:

Not even a confirmation here.  If we hadn’t contacted the dealer and Ford direct we’d have been completely in the dark.  We ordered in November and started to follow up in January for a status.  Built March 15, still waiting arrival.  

Your dealer should have a train car number or transport car carrier tracking info.

11 hours ago, RoncoSD said:

It is Stone Gray. It's for old people. I call it Stoneage Gray

I'm glad mine only has second color as stone grey, it's like a hair highlight stipe rather than a full-blown grey.  I guess I'm lucky in that respect, all my buddies are either full grey or bald, I'm blonde and still have hair, lol.  They all accuse me of having my hair dyed but blond doesn't grey, no pigment to fade.

My latest call to CSX automated train car tracker now says the train car is still in Cayce, SC since 4/5 at 10 am.  Next stop at Dixiana SC is no longer mentioned.  Dixiana is the final destination and unload point.  My sales manager said he has one Super Duty customer ahead of me and his truck was delayed in Cayce on a different train car for two weeks so apparently there is a huge traffic jam in Dixiana, but that truck has been unloaded at Dixiana now.  Dixiana has what looks like from Goggle maps to have about ~500 parking slots.  We have BMW in upstate shipping cars overseas that get loaded at Dixiana to go to ocean shipping port at Charleston to get loaded on ships while all the other brands are coming in for unload for truck transport.  Also, there is a national shortage of trucks, trailers and drivers, the entire world is going thru a global reset in many respects, dealers are selling many more vehicles as retail rather than majority as stock orders. I've been noticing many local dealers seem to look more like a used car lot vs. mostly new stock.  I should be driving mine soon, I went ahead and closed my sale and signed all the papers, just waiting for my new ride to show up, even my insurance company already has it added to my policy.

Anyone in the west-central Florida area tired of waiting, just got confirmation that the incompetent dealership where I placed my first order never canceled the order after my written request. I just received an email from Ford that it’s been built… nothing about production, just built. So if you’re interested: F250 Lariat ultimate FX4 7.3 CCSB. Agate black with black interior. 3.55 axle. BAP with moonroof, garage remote, upfitters, heated rear seats, tonneau cover.  

72FDCA06-B8BD-4EAF-A1F1-7A6A906BE240.jpeg

1 hour ago, 787Toolman said:

I should be driving mine soon, I went ahead and closed my sale and signed all the papers, just waiting for my new ride to show up, even my insurance company already has it added to my policy.

Why would you sign all the paperwork and complete the sale before taking delivery? What if there's a problem with the vehicle such as a mechanical issue, serious in-transit body damage, etc.?

• Like 3

My trucks been sitting waiting for shipment since before March 24th.  Email said delivery between March 30th and April 5th.  My last check is it's delayed waiting for shipment.

I realize driver/transport truck shortages and all that but if the plant shuts downs for a week or two, does that effect shipment also?  I know they won't ship just a few trucks as they would prefer to have a full load to hit several dealers along the way.  Sales manager said they are shipped via transport truck and not rail.  Just wondering how long it takes before it actually gets loaded typically. 

9 hours ago, Late Apex 61 said:

Damn, that’s four weeks!

That’s worse than pushing out the build date, because you were so close to actually receiving your truck. 

Strange to be delayed so much at this point in the process. So many variables, but still…

Here’s hoping they over-estimated your delay. 

Best of luck!

Thanks for the luck because it must have helped. We happily woke up this morning to this email saying our pickup has shipped and is expected to be here next week after all. Here’s hoping this email is right and that we are driving around in a new shiny set of dual wheels by next weekend!

F774001E-F583-41FC-AA62-D3D8884BDFE3.jpeg

Edited by BuffaloBasinGal
  • Like 1

I think that was the issue with ours.  Built 3/15, said shipped 3/16 but we think it was still in KY waiting shipment.  Delivery window was originally end of March, then changed to April 3-9, and today still no truck.  Ford customer service, yesterday, said that it may now be as late as April 11, but disclosed that it was nearby (less than 50 miles) from our dealer.  Dealer still says "It'll get here when it gets here,"  and won't look it up.

On 4/7/2022 at 4:16 PM, Mister Bill said:

They are not important to me. For some reason unbeknownst to me, they are important to the those who have to know where their vehicle is in the que every second from the time it is ordered until they pick it up. Where it is at on the assembly line, tracking rail cars every mile marker and wanting to know what the engineer had for lunch that day. I don't get it either, but I do seem to in the minority on this. I only know what the numbers mean because so many people are posting about them. 

It’s called excitement, anticipation, curiosity…. Nothing wrong with that.  I’m not going crazy about mine but yeah….  For something that I’m spending nearly 100k on, I keep my eye on the progress.

21 hours ago, G8R said:

Thanks. Window sticker shows 5170 315/722. I've been checking the motorcraft site, no BCE modules yet. 

I’m 5170 also, #178.  Exact same stuff here with the dates and emails.  Mines fully optioned so I assume yours is similar.  I’ve heard up to two weeks to build the fully optioned ones.  I’m expecting to see something end of next week about it being finished.

Trying to make plans and getting no information keeps people asking.  If dealers would keep provide information or e-mails instead of nothing then that would cut down on the inquiries.  Yes, it's anticipation but also part of planning our lives around being available to pick up.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The price protection for "in bound" units is a new program for orders ordered for stock, produced and in transit but does not apply. A vehicle ordered as a retail order is covered under the longstanding price protection for retail orders. The sales manager is giving you BS having never seen a price protection policy. Vehicles do NOT get reinvoiced. The Dealer files the price protection claim and can select Ford to send the price adjustment check directly to you.  

i saw, he gave me a copy stating this was it. I told him this is for STOCK units and my order is RETAIL. He stated it is the same thing and that he also asked this question, but the inventory manager stated it qualifies. 

thats the thing, he claims as a sales manager he has no idea what this price protection is and does not know the process. I gave him a week to see a status and still no answer and provided me this in bound stock printed notice from April 4. I came into the dealer April 1, and he stated this was the process, but “was still waiting for answers”. He stated he reached out to fmcdealer and no reply. Not sure of the internal process so i can’t really tell him any of that stuff. Just told him my order is retail and not a stock unit. I don’t think he’s too pleased i am an informed customer. He also did not know what a DORA was. Again, maybe this new retail process being new, but i thought it was a little surprising that my salesman knew what it was but not the sales manager. 

Hard to believe. I don’t know the exact process where I can tell him to go file the price protection but getting the run around for sure. Glad I came in earlier than when my truck arrives to get it squared away. If it was x plan and price didn’t go up, this would be such a smooth transaction. 

they even tried to charge me $499 for doc fees instead of $100 for x plan, sales guy said “oh yeah…”. 

15 hours ago, tmcguire said:

Sigh…….  Bedliner and fifth wheels prep are done by a 3rd party across the street from the plant.  These were averaging 5% or so of orders because dealers never order those for stock units.  So that’s the volume they’re set up to handle.  The huge increase in orders has triple, quadrupled or more the number of trucks with these options and it’s not simple to just expand that capacity temporarily.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Why would you sign all the paperwork and complete the sale before taking delivery? What if there's a problem with the vehicle such as a mechanical issue, serious in-transit body damage, etc.?

Top secret, If I tell you I'd have to kill you, lol...No, it's because of the PCO expiring, no other reason.

7 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Ice, I responded to this earlier, but I was thinking about this a little bit more.  The way I understand asset ownership of a custom ordered truck, the dealer owns the vehicle as soon as it leaves the factory, I didn't order it, the dealer did?  When the truck gets loaded onto a train car, the train transport company and their insurance now take full responsibility for the asset, the dealer is off the hook at this point?  FOB means free on board, so when a transport company ships something, you are now free of it, their insurance is now responsible for the asset.  Since my truck will be delivered by car carrier after CSX unloads at the ramp, the transport company will then assume full responsibility from CSX until it arrives at my dealer, at which time the dealer then assumes full responsibility from the transport company if they accept it as is or if damaged file a claim with transport company?

It would be no different than if I paid in advance for anything I special ordered, most times they want payment upfront.  Until I take possession of it, it's still not mine even if I paid already, all the shipping and transport companies own it or at least are fully responsible for it.  Have you never paid for something in advance but expected the thing to be perfect condition before you take delivery, you'd just say, I'm sorry, I want my money back, this is not what I paid for, I paid for an undamaged product?

If it was damaged in transit, that would be between the ordering dealer and CSX or dealer and the transport company, right?  As far as me signing the papers, nothing is really any different, it still belongs to the dealer even if I already paid for it, the dealer is who does business with Ford, I'm the customer of the dealer.  I've been doing business with this dealer for 23 years, they can't afford to screw me over, it would ruin their reputation and $87k is nothing compared to the damage it would cause them to hand me a truck in two pieces or bent to hell and say here you go buddy, thanks for the business, lol.  I completely trust them and I'm certain they will do the right thing and besides, the likelihood it will get seriously damaged is remote and if it did, that's not on me just because I already paid.  The $2k PCO expired on 4/4 but my truck has not been delivered, what would you have done differently?

4 hours ago, akirby said:

Sigh…….  Bedliner and fifth wheels prep are done by a 3rd party across the street from the plant.  These were averaging 5% or so of orders because dealers never order those for stock units.  So that’s the volume they’re set up to handle.  The huge increase in orders has triple, quadrupled or more the number of trucks with these options and it’s not simple to just expand that capacity temporarily.

It was stated elsewhere by factory workers that the bed is stamped with the holes before paint and fifthwheel prep is installed on the assembly line. Only bedliner is sent across the street. I can't see why they would take the bed off of a brand new truck to install the kit when they can just install the kit before the bed goes on.

22 minutes ago, jstenger said:

It was stated elsewhere by factory workers that the bed is stamped with the holes before paint and fifthwheel prep is installed on the assembly line. Only bedliner is sent across the street. I can't see why they would take the bed off of a brand new truck to install the kit when they can just install the kit before the bed goes on.

Then believe whatever conspiracy theories you want to believe.  Parts and worker shortages are affecting every business in every industry.