2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

3 hours ago, Nolahd27 said:

With Ford scheduling builds in May, if your selected when do the emails begin to go out?  Just want to know a mass email goes out to everyone or if they schedule  throughput the week and send the email.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Blackhawk23 said:

They send them out Thursday morning, usually. For COVP orders you can get them whenever but I have not heard of someone receiving one except for on Thursday.

Tuesday February 1st.  A bunch of us including myself were scheduled. Truck is built,  waiting for it to be shipped.

But yes, you mainly only see it on Thursday's. 

4 hours ago, J. J. said:

Dear "Dog breath"

Before I get started here, my wife and I got a kick out of your display name.

You made a comment about asking "What number you were in the order bank?" I had no idea they could inform a customer of this. It is something I will call the dealership this afternoon and inquire about.

On our last visit to the dealership, as mentioned a couple of days ago, they were quickly able to inform us of how many Superduties they were allocated for a specific time period, but offered nothing past that. Thanks for the information. I will question them as you mentioned, but expect nothing from them other than "We don't know the answer to that."

As I said, we are fed up with this process and would expect Ford and the dealership to keep their customers better informed. Ford has to know what is back-ordered and when it is 'expected' to be at their plants or they couldn't run a business.

Just once (well actually more than once) we would like to receive a call from 'somebody' informing us of 'something' rather than answering our questions back to us.

I guess I expect to much for attempting to purchase an $83,000 truck.

J. J.

J.J.  If I were you just ask your dealer where you are in the order. How many in front of you and what you need to do to get scheduled. The squeaky wheel gets the grease as they say. Get a lower number priority. You have waited long enough 

New email from Ford tonight:

"To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2022 Super Duty F-350 XLT is delivered to Gateway Ford. Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of March 30, 2022, and April 5, 2022, has been updated to between April 11, 2022, and April 17, 2022. "

Doing some dealer research, my dealer has 2 SD trucks waiting for delivery.  F250 SRW and F350 SRW besides ours.  Hoping this week or next.

Placed my SuperDuty order on 3/30 right before the MY22 was closed and got my confirmation the same day.  I know I could be in for a long wait as I went with BAP and Tremor package on my 250.  I have been reading the forums pretty regularly the past two weeks to get a feel for what everyone is going through and was wondering how long I should wait before asking my salesman how many unscheduled SD they have in front of me.  

29 minutes ago, MSetters said:

Placed my SuperDuty order on 3/30 right before the MY22 was closed and got my confirmation the same day.  I know I could be in for a long wait as I went with BAP and Tremor package on my 250.  I have been reading the forums pretty regularly the past two weeks to get a feel for what everyone is going through and was wondering how long I should wait before asking my salesman how many unscheduled SD they have in front of me.  

I would ask tomorrow. Go into this process educated as to where you in the order. 

4 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

Dear "Dog breath"

Before I get started here, my wife and I got a kick out of your display 

yes that’s one of my big lugs in the picture. As for my name, every name I entered was taken. As I was entering names the hounds were breathing in my face. I punched in Dog breath and to my surprise no one had taken the name. 
mad for my scheduled build date I was pushed from April 25th to may 2nd

I greatly appreciate this forum as I have learned more things to ask my dealer about the status of my ordered truck. If it was not for sites like this, I would be sitting in the dark as my dealer only tells me answers to my direct questions and volunteers nothing and I have to push them for the answers I do get. Have only been dealing directly with the salesman and that will change tomorrow, and I will contact the sales manager with my questions directly. Thank you to all for your post that are giving me directions as what and whom to ask these things. 

Don't get me wrong with the above statement, I think my dealer is good on all thing to do with the order other than letting me know what is going on.

• Like 1

The good news just keeps on coming, my F-450 KRU has finally left KTP and is on a rail car.

31st August 21- Order submitted and accepted by Ford

17th March 22 - VIN issued & "Scheduled to Day" - 1st April

26th March 22 - Updated "Scheduled to Day" - 8th April

29th March 22 - Sent to Plant

30th March 22 - WS published

6th April 22 - Scheduled to start production - delayed

7th April 22 - Started production (batch 5059 #3100 of 3300)

9th April 22 - Completed production

11th April 22 - Released, awaiting shipment

12th April 22 - Shipped, ETA 26th April to 2nd May

Therefore, OTD will be around 8 months. Highly optioned KRU, but no AS, or bed liner (goes to LineX upon arrival)

Good luck to those of you still waiting, keep the faith, as your day will come.

• Like 2

Does anyone think or know if ford themself will authorize a different 3rd party company to start moving there trucks to dealers? I know ford isn’t making any profit if the cars are sitting in the rail yards waiting for pickup. I know the 3 people they use but haven’t heard if they have opened up to having other companies picking them up to help?

59 minutes ago, Max4wKR said:

Does anyone think or know if ford themself will authorize a different 3rd party company to start moving there trucks to dealers? I know ford isn’t making any profit if the cars are sitting in the rail yards waiting for pickup. I know the 3 people they use but haven’t heard if they have opened up to having other companies picking them up to help?

If it was that easy they would have done it already.  Contracts, processes, etc.  Highly doubtful for what may be a temporary issue.

• Like 1

I thought I've seen a similar topic, but I haven't found what I'm looking for. I ordered my SD on 3/7/22 and have no illusions about getting it any sooner that what the dealer told me, which is 6-8 months if I'm lucky. My issue was never receiving a confirmation email from Ford, although I did call marketing and they said the order was in. Do the dealers need to give the company any type of information in order to receive updates personally? I'm also wondering about any subsequent correspondence concerning build dates, etc.

2 hours ago, Max4wKR said:

Per akirby's response. In addition, the staff and equipment shortages along with rail delays are causing problems nationwide and for all the OEM's. For example, there have been delays out of the Newark, NJ ramp that I've never seen in 35+ years! 

1 hour ago, elltee said:

I thought I've seen a similar topic, but I haven't found what I'm looking for. I ordered my SD on 3/7/22 and have no illusions about getting it any sooner that what the dealer told me, which is 6-8 months if I'm lucky. My issue was never receiving a confirmation email from Ford, although I did call marketing and they said the order was in. Do the dealers need to give the company any type of information in order to receive updates personally? I'm also wondering about any subsequent correspondence concerning build dates, etc.

You'll find the answers and answers to questions you haven't thought of yet after spending time reading the forums. 

Your Dealer needs to attach your e-mail address to the order in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. In addition, your Dealer needs to register your order in the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) by submitting your order information along with a copy of your Driver's License and a signed Buyer's Order. Verified COVP orders qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. 

2 hours ago, elltee said:

I have wondered about this. If the dealer is telling you 6-8 months from early March, that would mean that they would be building 22MY into November of this year. Would they really keep the production of 2022s going that late in the year to catch up with the backlog?

15 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

The good news just keeps on coming, my F-450 KRU has finally left KTP and is on a rail car.

31st August 21- Order submitted and accepted by Ford

17th March 22 - VIN issued & "Scheduled to Day" - 1st April

26th March 22 - Updated "Scheduled to Day" - 8th April

29th March 22 - Sent to Plant

30th March 22 - WS published

6th April 22 - Scheduled to start production - delayed

7th April 22 - Started production (batch 5059 #3100 of 3300)

9th April 22 - Completed production

11th April 22 - Released, awaiting shipment

12th April 22 - Shipped, ETA 26th April to 2nd May

Therefore, OTD will be around 8 months. Highly optioned KRU, but no AS, or bed liner (goes to LineX upon arrival)

Good luck to those of you still waiting, keep the faith, as your day will come.

congratulations on making this far, hope the remaining will go smoothly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Richie said:

Well the wait is almost over.

ordered 10/21 

conformation before left dealer

2/1 scheduled 3/7

2/14 moved to 3/21

2/15 moved back up to 3/14

2/25 moved back to 3/21

3/3 scheduled week 4/4

built 4/10

image.png.d549a605a53f19cb53c4f5fb2951c76a.png

congratulations , hope all goes well from here

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

You'll find the answers and answers to questions you haven't thought of yet after spending time reading the forums. 

Your Dealer needs to attach your e-mail address to the order in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. In addition, your Dealer needs to register your order in the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) by submitting your order information along with a copy of your Driver's License and a signed Buyer's Order. Verified COVP orders qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. 

I am so happy you posted this, I have sent this information to my dealer and asked them to do this if it was not done. thanks again.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Nobody wants to go through Newark, even cars and trucks!  Even the hotels have razor wire!

Years ago, I had to fly out of Newark to go to the Ford Dealers meeting in Las Vegas. It was Ford's ticket, so I didn't have a choice. I think it was July 1990. The flight took off literally in the middle of a hurricane but 5 minutes after takeoff we were above the storm and it was clear all the way to Vegas.