2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

On 1/15/2022 at 12:55 PM, ice-capades said:

Ford shouldn't have to notify customers about the price protection policy. It's been in place for decades and is a simple accounting adjustment between the Dealer and Ford. Any Dealer that claims ignorance about the price protection policy doesn't deserve to be in the business and is just lying to their customer. And there's no reason for any delay in delivering a customer's retail factory order as the price protection adjustment process between the Dealer and Ford is simple and straightforward. 

Ice-capades I’ve tried to find the Price Protection Documents, but I’ve haven’t found them.  
Can you please post?  Also, I ordered a Lariat in August and switched to King Ranch in December.  I assume I’m only protected from the December change going forward? I got another price increase since December when I switched but now the dealer says my price is based on the more recent price. Thanks for any help you may offer!!! I’m supposed to pick up my truck later this week.

Thanks again!

Edited by Denao_53

On 4/24/2022 at 6:11 PM, Rangers09 said:

All depends on the dealer.

Although mine is built and shipped, had it not made it as a 22MY, my dealer advised he would automatically order a 23MY, request Ford for Priority 1 or 2 upon submitting the order, and also guarantee our agreed price.

I will have to ask my dealer.  I asked the question about 22MY vs 23MY when I placed my order. I was told if I did not make the cutoff this year I would have to reorder and as some of the options may have changed and the price would also change.  That sucks as I know it has gone up since I have ordered and will continue to climb. 

Anyone else tracking their truck's progress via the rail car number?

I have to say its a little frustrating to see the lack of progress.  I've been tracking since April 11 and as an example of the high speed progress the last few days (yes, I'm being sarcastic):

One leg (from departed city time to arrived city time) 28.5 hours and made it about 120 miles

Next leg (also departed city time to arrived city time) 25 hours and made it an incredible 36 miles

Yes, I'm very glad its built and being shipped (order date 18 Oct) but this case of oh so close but oh slow progress is killing me.   The nearly 6 months from order to shipped date felt easier than this last two weeks.  I guess now that its real (built & shipped) the anticipation is getting to me ?

First time I've tried tracking a rail car, is this usually how rail shipping goes?  I have a feeling that the car tracking data is a bit less than accurate but......

4 hours ago, Ford truck guy said:

My son in law just started towing with hos 2022.. he got a 3" to 2" reducer from here - Husky

Much better with ONLY 1 reducer and NOT the 3" to 2.5" to the 2"

Or here as the Husky is out of stock:  https://www.moonlightdiesel.com/product-page/hercu-sleeve-4070101-3-to2-towing-hitch-sleeve-reducer-adapter-6-7l-11-17

Edited by Lee2021

1 hour ago, Mike83 said:

I will have to ask my dealer.  I asked the question about 22MY vs 23MY when I placed my order. I was told if I did not make the cutoff this year I would have to reorder and as some of the options may have changed and the price would also change.  That sucks as I know it has gone up since I have ordered and will continue to climb. 

Fortunately, I have an exceptional dealer, who I have known for 15+ years. In tough times like these. I'm finding that it pays to have built a relationship with the local dealer.

All the best for getting your truck built.

49 minutes ago, Blown32 said:

Anyone else tracking their truck's progress via the rail car number?

I have to say its a little frustrating to see the lack of progress.  I've been tracking since April 11 and as an example of the high speed progress the last few days (yes, I'm being sarcastic):

One leg (from departed city time to arrived city time) 28.5 hours and made it about 120 miles

Next leg (also departed city time to arrived city time) 25 hours and made it an incredible 36 miles

Yes, I'm very glad its built and being shipped (order date 18 Oct) but this case of oh so close but oh slow progress is killing me.   The nearly 6 months from order to shipped date felt easier than this last two weeks.  I guess now that its real (built & shipped) the anticipation is getting to me ?

First time I've tried tracking a rail car, is this usually how rail shipping goes?  I have a feeling that the car tracking data is a bit less than accurate but......

Based on CSX, my truck is experiencing similar delays.

It shipped 12th April, going to Gibson, Indiana and then arrived Chicago on 15th April. Hasn't moved since - at least according to CSX. I note others report it isn't 100% accurate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rockfj40 said:

Hello everyone waiting or getting their super duty’s. I just found out today that after waiting 7 months with no movement that my dealer never sent my I.d. With order to show I’m real. After I had to do all kinds of digging myself to ford corp. and many calls to dealer with no help what so ever. So my question is… did that slip up in their part have a lot to do with delay this long? I believe they call it covp or something verifying real order and not dealer cheating system. I’m sure this has been covered but there’s a lot of pages on this order topic. Any help would be appreciated. And if this is the case then everyone should be aware to do their dealers jobs for them I guess if you e been waiting an eternity. Thnx in advance. 

Your dealer should set your priority to 10 and then get Ford's regional rep to bump your priority to where it should be had they entered it correctly.   If your dealer cannot make do it ASAP then call Ford customer service.  Unfortunately, Ford is not taking any more MY22 Super Duty orders. You may be stuck with this dealer until the MY23 order banks open up.

11 hours ago, Denao_53 said:

Ice-capades I’ve tried to find the Price Protection Documents, but I’ve haven’t found them.  
Can you please post?  Also, I ordered a Lariat in August and switched to King Ranch in December.  I assume I’m only protected from the December change going forward? I got another price increase since December when I switched but now the dealer says my price is based on the more recent price. Thanks for any help you may offer!!! I’m supposed to pick up my truck later this week.

Thanks again!

The information already available provides all the information necessary to inform the Dealer that you are aware of Ford's longstanding price protection policy. I am NOT posting the actual Ford price increase announcement documents, including the price protection terms, that are prominently provided at the FMCDealer.com communications portal for Dealers. Price protection is a process that is technically between the Dealer and Ford. The subject of a Dealer refusing to honor Ford's price protection policy for retail customer orders is a matter between the customer and its Dealer, subject to a properly executed sales agreement specifying the terms and conditions.   

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 10:07 PM, tcritch3 said:

Here she is!!! I freaking love this truck! Hoping I get to bring her home tomorrow or Tuesday. 

IMG_3780.JPG

IMG_3781.JPG

IMG_3782.JPG

IMG_3783.JPG

IMG_3784.JPG

IMG_3785.JPG

Nice.  I have the same dealer.  The last information they gave me was there were 83 orders in front of me.  Now I guess there are only 82?  Enjoy.  It looks like my 1999 Dodge Ram will have to get me through another summer of camping.  At least when the new truck comes I can sell my Dodge for 2/3 of what I paid for it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Blown32 said:

Pretty much.  It was agonizing watching mine go 100 miles and stop for 24-36 hours, another 100 miles, another rest period.  And then the depot... what a cluster that was for my truck.  I should have written down the exact dates, but it was almost 2 weeks, and it was a pure accident it got picked up by the trucking company

Edited by road turtle
spelling correction
  • Sad 1

Ford corp isn’t always so helpful I’ve found. But I am going to call dealer this morning and ask for proof that the covp is actually completed and ask to be bumped to priority 2. I had received the confirmation email back in September when I ordered so I thought all was good. Apparently not. So hopefully they get this right and I am rewarded with getting scheduled. 

16 minutes ago, Rockfj40 said:

How do I reply to a post and it included post above my reply? Otherwise looks like I’m just talking to myself. Haha!! Thnx for the post monoman in reply to my question. 

Use "Quote" to quote an individual post and the "+" sign to quote multiple posts. 

12 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

Fortunately, I have an exceptional dealer, who I have known for 15+ years. In tough times like these. I'm finding that it pays to have built a relationship with the local dealer.

All the best for getting your truck built.

Same here.  After reading the issues many seem to be having with their dealer I could not agree more with the above.  Going on a 25 year relationship with mine both personal and work.  While cost is a factor, it's not the only factor. Having a dealer that knows about price protection, how to apply a PCO, and one you can actually trust ("trust" a dealership, who'd a thunk it?) is huge.  I feel bad for those getting the run around or simply not being told the truth.  Pretty sad that's the way some do business.  

I'm only a couple months into it and I don't expect my truck built until September with October delivery.  I wouldn't give on the 5er prep so I'll wait it out.  Wasn't even sure it would get built in MY 22 but I think it will happen based on what I'm reading.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rockfj40 said:

Ford corp isn’t always so helpful I’ve found. But I am going to call dealer this morning and ask for proof that the covp is actually completed and ask to be bumped to priority 2. I had received the confirmation email back in September when I ordered so I thought all was good. Apparently not. So hopefully they get this right and I am rewarded with getting scheduled. 

Good luck!  How long have you been waiting?  From previous posts on this forum, it sounds like dealers won't request that you get bumped in priority below 10 until you're order is at least 3-4 months since the original order date.  But who know for sure, not all dealers follow the same rules/guidelines.

16 minutes ago, 2022Limited said:

She shipped! 2022 Limited with Spray in liner.

Nice!  Limiteds are loaded so somehow you got through the commodity constraints.  Can you share your timeline please?  Order date, schedule date, build date, etc?  Oh and pictures too.  Some of us live vicariously through those that get their trucks lol.

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, rubriv said:

Nice!  Limiteds are loaded so somehow you got through the commodity constraints.  Can you share your timeline please?  Order date, schedule date, build date, etc?  Oh and pictures too.  Some of us live vicariously through those that get their trucks lol.

Thanks!

Order confirmed 9/9/21. Radio silence until 1/10/22. Regional rep assigned priority 01. Vin assigned 1/13/22.  Build dates started at 2/21/22 and were bumped multiple times before an eventual day of 4/22/22. Will post pictures when she gets here 5/12/22-5/17/22. Atlas Blue. Can’t wait!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, rubriv said:

Thanks!

Order confirmed 9/9/21. Radio silence until 1/10/22. Regional rep assigned priority 01. Vin assigned 1/13/22.  Build dates started at 2/21/22 and were bumped multiple times before an eventual day of 4/22/22. Will post pictures when she gets here 5/12/22-5/17/22. Atlas Blue. Can’t wait!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 2022Limited said:

Thanks, the more timelines we see the better we can gauge realistic expectations between order date and schedule date.  4 months is about the average I think.  Looking forward to the pictures.  I love that Atlas Blue.  Congrats, you deserve it after having waited so long.

Hey All, I've been stalking here since I placed my order on 2/1 and I have just been advised that it shipped and will be arriving May 7th.  Although I'm sure from reading these forums it will be sitting in a rail yard for few weeks.  To give some hope to those waiting i ordered an F350 XLT SCSB 7.3 with 5th wheel prep and spray in liner. Order placed 2/1/22, confirmation email 2/2, Built on 4/21 and shipped email on Saturday 4/23.  Thanks to you all and especially Ice-capades for all the info!  In hindsight I should have made the required post so I could have my truck tracked!

Edited by BillyB67
  • Like 1