2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, rubriv said:

Good luck!  How long have you been waiting?  From previous posts on this forum, it sounds like dealers won't request that you get bumped in priority below 10 until you're order is at least 3-4 months since the original order date.  But who know for sure, not all dealers follow the same rules/guidelines.

I ordered 9/25/21. Just found out yesterday they didn’t submit my drivers license so never was approved as a covp. So it’s been passed over every time. Should’ve been special allocation and priority 2. Would’ve received 3 months ago more than likely. Not apologetic at all either. This dealer says had 180 orders for super duty’s. No way they’d get that many. But had they done their job correctly I’d have mine by now. So now I’m probably screwed. 

21 minutes ago, Rockfj40 said:

I ordered 9/25/21. Just found out yesterday they didn’t submit my drivers license so never was approved as a covp. So it’s been passed over every time. Should’ve been special allocation and priority 2. Would’ve received 3 months ago more than likely. Not apologetic at all either. This dealer says had 180 orders for super duty’s. No way they’d get that many. But had they done their job correctly I’d have mine by now. So now I’m probably screwed. 

No way you would have received it 3 months ago.  You still have to wait in line at your dealer behind all the other COVP orders.  

5 hours ago, CaliTex350 said:

So, I have received the ,"your truck has been shipped", email last night. Estimated arrival to Fort Worth, Texas is May 6, to May 12. Has Anybody here, had a recent shipment to Texas? Can you please tell me how long yours took? Thanks in advance.

Shipped 2 Apr, Dealer received it in San Antonio on the 18 Apr. Almost a week of that time it sat at the rail yard awaiting a truck to transport it the last 10 miles. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, akirby said:

No way you would have received it 3 months ago.  You still have to wait in line at your dealer behind all the other COVP orders.  

Yeah maybe if they even did those orders right. Needless to say unless they make this up to me I won’t be buying or using them ever again. I’ve seen plenty of people on this forum order and get built within 3-4 months easy. Their dealer probably did their job. We were about to be buying at least 3 vehicles in the next two years from them. None of them under $50,000. But I guess we live and learn everyday. 

On 4/13/2022 at 9:34 PM, Frog_Legs said:

I’m sure glad to see another F-450 getting built. I’ve got an F-450 Platinum on order. Hopefully my build week will quit pushing and actually go into production. 

Woo-hoo my F450 XLT ordered April 19th 2021 is finally built and waiting shipment 

• Like 1

Woo-hoo she is finally ours!! Out with the old in with the new.

Ordered April 19th 2021 finally scheduled 

2/1 for 3/7 moved 

2/4 to 3/14 moved

2/5 to 3/28 moved 

2/7 to 3/21 moved

2/12 to 3/28 moved 

2/15 to 4/4 

Scheduled build day

4/7 started 4/8 finished on 

4/11 spray in bedliner 4/12 loaded to ship

4/12 at 8:56 pm.

Delivered to dealer 4/18 dealer prep done 

4/21 finally ours 368 days after I ordered 

4/22/22

Traded our 2012 F350 King Ranch in for 

2022 F450 XLT

She is a beast of a truck!

Screenshot_20220426-130819_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220426-130749_Gallery.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_1930.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 2022Limited said:

Order confirmed 9/9/21. Radio silence until 1/10/22. Regional rep assigned priority 01. Vin assigned 1/13/22.  Build dates started at 2/21/22 and were bumped multiple times before an eventual day of 4/22/22. Will post pictures when she gets here 5/12/22-5/17/22. Atlas Blue. Can’t wait!

So, 4 days from build date to shipped? That’s quick. I wonder what the average shipping time is, 3 weeks?

If I apply those numbers there’s a good chance I’ll be on vacation (with zero cell service!!) when my truck arrives at the dealer…. 

2 hours ago, Rockfj40 said:

That is the most terrible customer service I’ve ever heard of. The owner or manager of the dealership isn’t doing anything to make it right for you? If it is their error they should be moving mountains for you.

It sounds like a big dealership if they have 180 Super duty orders.

if it wasn’t a covp was it then a dealer stock order? 
I also heard nothing from my dealer (or Ford) since I don’t get those emails (maybe it’s a Canada thing), until my sales rep told me I had a VIN and was scheduled. So I could have been in your shoes with the dealer having messed up and wouldn’t have been none the wiser.  It’s stupid to have to double check on your dealers work. 
my heart goes out to you. 

38 minutes ago, jhbyers3 said:

Folks,

I ordered a 2022 Superduty Lariat with the Black Appearance Package back in mid-December.  Think I should have seen a production start date by now?

Thank you

I’d say should be soon.

I just got scheduled on Friday April 22nd for a build week of May 16th.

Confirmed order date Nov. 13th, 2021.

I also ordered a Lariat BAP.

Seems like they are starting to schedule a lot of Lariat BAPs now. People were taking off the BAP because it may have been holding things up but never something I would consider. 

19 minutes ago, Bluedust11 said:

I’d say should be soon.

Seems like they are starting to schedule a lot of Lariat BAPs now. People were taking off the BAP because it may have been holding things up but never something I would consider. 

I also ordered a 22 Lariat CCSB with BAP back in late Dec.  So 4 months and still no schedule date.  They are scheduling this week so hopefully we hear something this week/Thursday.  Definitely let us know here if you do because that would mean that I'm not too far behind.

43 minutes ago, Bluedust11 said:

I’d say should be soon.

I'd like to say soon... but I'm skeptical. I ordered my Lariat CC BAP 6.7 September 27, 2021. Still no build date. My sales rep is telling me I am now "locked in" at priority 2. However, he told me in January I am priority 2. I'm not certain "locked in" means anything different. Sounds like a way to get me off his back for a few days???

47 minutes ago, Bluedust11 said:

I’d say should be soon.

Thank you......me neither.  

Took the advise of a post from a few weeks ago and called Ford customer relation center. In asking some questions about my order I was informed by the lady I was talking to that Fords projection of opening up the order portal for 23MY would not be until late October. She said it was Fords intention to cut off orders on April 1st so that it could supply vehicles to all customer orders that were currently in place. I hope this is true. I also had her look up to see if there were any incentives under my name for private cash offer rebates and she was able to pull up one. She gave me the incentive number, but was not able to tell me what is was worth, but said my dealership could. I asked if I had a private cash would it not be sent out to me and she said not always. Sometimes Ford doesn’t mail them out.   Not much else I can do while I wait anyway. Lol!

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Mike83 said:

Took the advise of a post from a few weeks ago and called Ford customer relation center. In asking some questions about my order I was informed by the lady I was talking to that Fords projection of opening up the order portal for 23MY would not be until late October. She said it was Fords intention to cut off orders on April 1st so that it could supply vehicles to all customer orders that were currently in place. I hope this is true. I also had her look up to see if there were any incentives under my name for private cash offer rebates and she was able to pull up one. She gave me the incentive number, but was not able to tell me what is was worth, but said my dealership could. I asked if I had a private cash would it not be sent out to me and she said not always. Sometimes Ford doesn’t mail them out.   Not much else I can do while I wait anyway. Lol!

Man, that is more information you got from Ford then I ever have when I call.  Sometimes I call and get no info and will call back 5 mins later to get someone else.  No luck.  They just tell me to talk to my dealer...who also gives me little to no info.  I am hopeful that Ford plans to get all orders fulfilled prior to moving over to the 23's

2 hours ago, jhbyers3 said:

Folks,

I ordered a 2022 Superduty Lariat with the Black Appearance Package back in mid-December.  Think I should have seen a production start date by now?

Thank you

If you're lucky yeah. I ordered 12/6 and my build week is 5/2, I'm not believing it until I see it though. I got my build week on 3/17 I believe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike83 said:

I just received an unsolicited call from my salesman who said that official word came down from FMC today that 2022 MY Super Duty’s will be built into the Fall to try and get all orders built.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teecamp said:

Man, that is more information you got from Ford then I ever have when I call.  Sometimes I call and get no info and will call back 5 mins later to get someone else.  No luck.  They just tell me to talk to my dealer...who also gives me little to no info.  I am hopeful that Ford plans to get all orders fulfilled prior to moving over to the 23's

I guess I got lucky. Ann was the name of the lady I spoke with and she was very helpful.  Just Hope that luck transition to a build date and a VIN cause my dealer said the incentive offer I got expires July 5th and if I don’t take delivery by then I won’t be able to use it. I have heard other says different, but I guess it only matters what the dealership where I ordered says. Of course this is my salesman and not the sales manager so who knows. 

38 minutes ago, DNICE said:

I just received an unsolicited call from my salesman who said that official word came down from FMC today that 2022 MY Super Duty’s will be built into the Fall to try and get all orders built.

I hope this is true. Really looking forward to getting behind the wheel of my new super duty.  I’m hoping since my order was in January and they cut them off in April there are plenty behind me that won’t be built either. Of course I have some commodities that are going to hold my production date up. Fifth wheel and spray in bedliner. 

1 hour ago, teecamp said:

I guess I got lucky. I hope that luck transitions over to a VIN and a build date. Dealer told me the private cash offer incentive number I gave them expires July 5 and would not be valid if I don’t take delivery before then. I have heard other say different but I guess it only matters what the dealership says where I ordered it. Of course this is my salesman talking and not the sales manager so there may be a chance he is not correct. 

20 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

Fortunately, I have an exceptional dealer, who I have known for 15+ years. In tough times like these. I'm finding that it pays to have built a relationship with the local dealer.

All the best for getting your truck built.

Yah unfortunately I have not established that with any dealer. Purchased theee different super duty truck over the years and each time I have got them from a different dealership. Always went with the best price, but who knew that one day there would be no trucks on the dealer lots and you would have to order one and wait months for it to be built. Difficult times for sure. 

1 hour ago, DNICE said:

That's awesome!  I hope it's true.  I wonder if any of the moderators can confirm that?  @ice-capades, or @akirby, have either of you heard of this "official word from FMC"?  Not having to start over with a MY23 order because Ford decided to cancel MY22 orders will save many people thousands of dollars.  I know for me personally the MSRP has gone up at least a couple times since I placed my order 4 months ago.