2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

19 minutes ago, crashman-405 said:

my rail car is showing empty so hopefully it won’t sit long. My buddy is buying my F-150 platinum from me and I think he is more excited than I am. The nine month wait has been brutal 

How is it showing empty? Is there a way to track other than calling the UP number? 

2 hours ago, crashman-405 said:

what part of the country do live in? Mine was shipped the same day as yours and sitting in Columbia SC awaiting transport to Charlotte. 

Our trucks must have road the train together. I had the same ship date and mine is also sitting in Columbia waiting for a ride to Spartanburg SC

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sjmcken81 said:

You’re right.

A package that cost me/us $3k more for a Platinum…$300 credit is BS.

Fine, you didn’t want the seats or spend the extra money, others did…give it a rest, people are rightfully pissed.

I was just answering the question.

FWIW, I've got a Plati on order too (and have since 9/3/2021).  I DO want the seats, which is one reason I went with the Plati.  I get lower back and sciatic pain, so my hope is that the seats would help on long trips.

You get much more in the Plati for that $3k than just the MC seats.  You get power running boards, better seat materials, etc.  

I understand people are upset, but I'm more of a realist and understand this is just beyond Ford's control.  Apparently, they can't just pull the chip and give it to you later, otherwise they would do that.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Jneff said:

Been a silent observer in here since i ordered my f350 KRU LB 1/26. Dealer wasn't proactive, but thanks to these threads, I was well informed. After confirming that the fancy seats are being pulled, I decided to bail last night. I did a quick national search last night, and couldn't believe it, I found the near exact spec'd truck that I ordered in another state, down to the color...closed the online paperwork today and flying out to get Friday. Kind-of crazy, went from wondering if I really wanted to wait months for the 1/2 spec'd truck I wanted to knowing I'm getting nearly exactly what I wanted. I did lose x-plan, but this dealer is near MSRP...given the direction of rates and possible depreciation of my current vehicle, seems worth to me. Next step is to get the 1st dealer to cancel order...officially with Ford. Again, saw how to do that on this thread...probably more of a gesture, but maybe it can free up some commodities for all of you that have been waiting longer than me.
King Ranch Ultimate, 6.7, snow prep, 397 alt. Adaptive cruise, heated rear seats, clearance lights. Rapid red. Dealer is getting x-line before Friday.

Someone want to tell me how to do a national search please ?

10 hours ago, 787Toolman said:

does your new truck that you found have adaptive steering?  How were you able to do a national search?  I guess Car Gurus and others allow new car searches nationally, I tried it on Car Gurus, there are quite a few trucks available but only way I was able to see the WS was go to that dealer's website, then I found them to be custom orders.  Likely not even available.

No AS...I didn't really want it...I've never had it, so probably won't miss it. My current truck is a '99.5 7.3l, so im sure it handles better than that. This was a custom order that got canceled because of wait time...buyer went another direction. Probably one of the many that I've seen on here that ordered  Ram at same time, and went with the one that was ready first.  I simply did a no limit search in autotrader. It was the 1st truck of 12 total trucks listed...I assumed it was a custom order that wasn't really available.

20 hours ago, tjm73 said:

Enough with the whining about the seats already. No amount of complaining is going to change what Ford has decided to do. The choices are accept it or cancel your order. Make your choice. Move on with your life. Stop acting like angry children.

They should be working to make it where the module could be installed by the dealer at a later date. Speaking for someone with bad leg pain when driving I myself was looking forward to some relief. If that’s being a crybaby I guess I’ll go back to crapping in my diaper???

Coming up on 7 month wait time.  Lariat Ultimate, DRW CCLB.  I Deleted 5th wheel prep last week and didn’t order spray in bedliner when I ordered knowing I’d have it done after the fact.
 I know some of you have been waiting longer but I’m really starting to loose patients and started looking elsewhere.   Meanwhile my trade value on my 2018 Denali is tanking and my PCO expires 7/5.  At least I have xplan still.   

What really irritates me is(no offense to anyone as it is Ford and not the customer) seeing trucks built that were ordered 2-3 month after I, and many more, were ordered.  
I’m just venting.  

On 5/21/2022 at 11:04 PM, Monoman said:

Correct and like i stated, the seats are not itemized so we have no idea if $300 accurately reflects their portion of the package price.

I’m as disappointed as anyone that my KRU will probably never have the MC seats, but here’s how I am looking at the economics to make myself feel better:

I wanted the moonroof, power running boards, and LED lights anyway. Buying those options separately would have cost $3670. KRU package was $3685, so I was getting the MC  seats for $15 more. 

With $300 credit for MC seat delete, I’m getting the three options I wanted for $285 less than if I added them separately. 

It would be a much tougher pill to swallow if, like some people, I only ordered the KRU package for the MC seats and didn’t care about the other options. 

• Like 2

“It would be a much tougher pill to swallow if, like some people, I only ordered the KRU package for the MC seats and didn’t care about the other options. “

Yeah, that’s my issue and pill ? I get to swallow. In discussion with my wife on getting the new truck, her thoughts “you can order whatever you want, as long as it has messaging seats” . Absolutely did not want or need the ultimate package, but ordered it to get the seats. 
Not sure if I can install after the fact…. Haven’t done the research yet.

3 hours ago, Nutz said:

“It would be a much tougher pill to swallow if, like some people, I only ordered the KRU package for the MC seats and didn’t care about the other options. “

Yeah, that’s my issue and pill ? I get to swallow. In discussion with my wife on getting the new truck, her thoughts “you can order whatever you want, as long as it has messaging seats” . Absolutely did not want or need the ultimate package, but ordered it to get the seats. 

Would like to hear what you find on MC seats aftermarket!   I go with KR and Platinums just for the messaging feature so do not want a truck without them.  

Ordered on 03/25, got VIN on 05/20. Scheduled to production week 6/20. F-350. XLT w/ Premium Pkg, CCLB, FX4. 7.3 w/ 4.30 diff. Still didn’t get all the options I wanted but I’m going to live with it. Dealer tried for several weeks to add clearance lights, adjustable pedals and upfitter switches. Could never figure out why. Dealer guessing  that Ford had commodity constraints on those. I won’t cry with this fast build tho. 

On 5/21/2022 at 5:23 AM, Monoman said:

Not all supply chain issues are semi-conductor related.  The three main items causing SD delays are Fifth wheel prep, Spray in bed-liner, and Adaptive Steering.  The first two definitely do not have semi-conductor chips and for the last one we assume it is caused by chips but we don't really know.   I think many (maybe most) of the supply chain issues are labor related.  Look at the delays we are seeing with just getting the built trucks to the dealerships because the trucks sit waiting to be picked up by transporters.  The same thing is happening with the parts and materials going from point A to point B which is often from overseas to the US.

I have an idea, how about we stop letting other country’s dictate our future. Let’s start bringing  the manufacturing back to this country and not be held hostage by some other country!!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nutz said:

Let me know if you figure it out.? 

6 hours ago, King ranch 62 said:

I have an idea, how about we stop letting other country’s dictate our future. Let’s start bringing  the manufacturing back to this country and not be held hostage by some other country!!!

Until most customers stop looking for the lowest prices on just about everything that is not going to happen. Choosing quantity over quality.  Until most people stop shopping at Walmart and/or Amazon instead of supporting local businesses and in country manufacturing that is not going to happen.  Choosing convenience first.  I chose to order a Ford SD because the factory is in the US but I also ordered out of state because it is saving me a lot of money. 

@mods - Sorry for the derail.  I'm sure this topic deserves a thread of it's own but it will probably just turn into political bashing and get shut down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monoman said:

Until most people stop shopping at Walmart and/or Amazon instead of supporting local businesses...

As a rule, I don't go to Walmart ever. I do buy on Amazon, but some things are just not available locally...two examples that come to mind was I tried to find a specific watch battery and went to 4-5 local stores...no luck, Amazon got the sale and I prefer Lavoris mouthwash over Scope or Listerine...no one stocks it local.

• Like 1

Considering we are now willing to pay MSRP and MSRP + ADM, one would think consumers would be ok to pay more for all American made materials, labor, and shorter production times.  Are the powers that be seeing this or will everything go back to "normal" eventually? 

When you think about it, the expectation was low demand due to high costs.  I don't think it was anticipated that the increase values in the used/pre-owned market would drive up demand for new like it did. Who would of thought you could drive a rig for a couple/few years only to get what you paid for it, or more.  Not trying to be political but it's interesting times as the divide between the haves and have nots seems to be getting wider and there isn't many in the middle.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nolahd27 said:

Received a build date week of 5/23 - system shows in production since I got my WS last week Monday - how long does the process take to show Built?  

image.thumb.png.aa5f5a8bfcfad22b75819dd545f3ad22.png

Mine went into production on 5/2. My as-built modules populated on 5/13 and I got the built email on 5/14. 

17 minutes ago, Gharri30 said:

Mine went into production on 5/2. My as-built modules populated on 5/13 and I got the built email on 5/14. 

How do you check the modules and what is it - first time ever ordering a new vehicle so all this is new to me.  Probably wasn't the best time

Thanks

Question regarding the ordering process as it relates to priorities and trim levels.

Ordered a F350 Platinum DRW with AS (no bedliner or 5th wheel prep) in February.  Currently sitting at priority 19.  That's how all of my dealer's orders go into the system.

As of yesterday, I am number 7 in line for a dually.  My dealer tells me that the queue is based on model and body, not all Super Duty trucks.  Based on other posts in this forum, I don't think he's correct but it wasn't going to do me any good to argue the point with him at the time.

Of the 6 dually trucks ahead of me, 5 are priority 2 and 1 is priority 19.  The trim levels of these trucks runs the gamut...XL thru Limited.  My truck is the only Platinum.

My sense tells me that the priority 2 trucks will probably get built before mine even if they have all of the parts to build a Platinum but I thought I would confirm with this group before I made that assumption.

Also, with regards to the priority levels, how does one get bumped up to priority 2?  I am quite sure that my dealer didn't promote all of these trucks to 2 by themselves (they aren't that proactive, believe me!).  Is there an automatic review at the region level after an order is unscheduled for a period of time?  Is there any way I can influence a bump in priority?

Thank you all for the wealth of information!!

20 minutes ago, Glenn in AZ said:

Question regarding the ordering process as it relates to priorities and trim levels.

Ordered a F350 Platinum DRW with AS (no bedliner or 5th wheel prep) in February.  Currently sitting at priority 19.  That's how all of my dealer's orders go into the system.

As of yesterday, I am number 7 in line for a dually.  My dealer tells me that the queue is based on model and body, not all Super Duty trucks.  Based on other posts in this forum, I don't think he's correct but it wasn't going to do me any good to argue the point with him at the time.

Of the 6 dually trucks ahead of me, 5 are priority 2 and 1 is priority 19.  The trim levels of these trucks runs the gamut...XL thru Limited.  My truck is the only Platinum.

My sense tells me that the priority 2 trucks will probably get built before mine even if they have all of the parts to build a Platinum but I thought I would confirm with this group before I made that assumption.

Also, with regards to the priority levels, how does one get bumped up to priority 2?  I am quite sure that my dealer didn't promote all of these trucks to 2 by themselves (they aren't that proactive, believe me!).  Is there an automatic review at the region level after an order is unscheduled for a period of time?  Is there any way I can influence a bump in priority?

Thank you all for the wealth of information!!

Of course a priority 2 would be built first if parts are available - that’s the reason for having priorities.  Only the Ford zone rep can assign priority 1 or 2.