2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Longtime follower and lurker. I've gotten so much from the site and has kept me calm over the last 9 months. I received my modules yesterday. Only the ecm are showing up. Should the PCM ones show up also? Thank you for any input. 

2022 F250 CC Platti carbonized grew tremor. 5WP, bed liner, winch, ordered 8/22/21. 

7 hours ago, Nolahd27 said:

How do you check the modules and what is it - first time ever ordering a new vehicle so all this is new to me.  Probably wasn't the best time

Thanks

As built modules are like code parameters for functions in the truck. If you see others talking about changing things using forscan(disabling double honk, bambi mode, tire size, etc) these are the codes that are being changed. If you go to https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/SetCountry?returnUrl=%2FAsBuilt and type in you vin it will take you to a new screen. It will usually show like a G under the BCE modules. Eventually it there will be lines and lines of code that populate under it. That's usually an indication that you're pretty close to finished. My codes showed up Friday afternoon and received by built email Sat evening. I'm pretty new to it all but that's how I understood it all. Someone can chime in if I misspoke on something. 

Edited by Gharri30
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, human_animal said:

Longtime follower and lurker. I've gotten so much from the site and has kept me calm over the last 9 months. I received my modules yesterday. Only the ecm are showing up. Should the PCM ones show up also? Thank you for any input. 

2022 F250 CC Platti carbonized grew tremor. 5WP, bed liner, winch, ordered 8/22/21. 

Mine has been built and shipped and only ever showed bce modules. I should have responded to you in my above post since it was dealing with the as-built modules but I saw it to late. 

Screenshot_20220524-200928_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Gharri30
  • Like 1

Got my shipped email and now just biting my nails until it arrives!!  Camping trip planned for June 11…was so close to getting it here in time but have to rent a truck instead.   Paramount Ford in Valdese, NC

8658467E-C019-42CA-B9CA-0AD8CDDCBE08.png

4EE39899-22E7-4A05-B64F-52B35AC5A972.jpeg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gharri30 said:

Mine has been built and shipped and only ever showed bce modules. I should have responded to you in my above post since it was dealing with the as-built modules but I saw it to late. 

Screenshot_20220524-200928_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for the info. My modules populated yesterday and I can't stop looking at them. Congratulations on your rig shipping. Hopefully you see it soon. ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, human_animal said:

Thanks for the info. My modules populated yesterday and I can't stop looking at them. Congratulations on your rig shipping. Hopefully you see it soon. ?

Oh yea, thats a good feeling to finally see them show up. Suppose to be here beginning to mid June. Left Kentucky headed for Georgia and arrived either yesterday or today. Should be in SC tomorrow and I guess going to take 2-3 weeks to get to Charlotte from there. Should be in time for vacation so I can't complain. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 5:48 AM, rxwoody said:

As a current King Ranch F-150 owner I use the active motion everyday on my drive to work. I really wanted to order a fully loaded lariat with the BAP but decided to order a platinum instead because I wanted the active motion seats. It’s defined not a corny vibration style massage, but produces more a slow firm rolling sensation over your back and butt. It alternates sides and location that it “massages.” I think the big advantage is if you are like me and your legs fall asleep on long rides this helps to stimulate blood flow and prevent that pins and needles sensation. It feels sort of similar to how the pneumatic compression stocking in the hospital work I think. 

Thanks,  I hope when my truck gets built it will have it. I need it for leg pain. ????

On 5/11/2022 at 8:19 AM, Havasu Guy said:

For those of you who just found out that you were bumped up to "Priority 2" recently,

Don't get your hopes up too fast,

I've been at "Priority 2" since January 10, 2022 and still have not received an email or notification of a possible build date.

I Placed my order on October 25, 2021

Way the to kill the mood!!!?????????

On 5/12/2022 at 10:15 AM, dirtlawyer92 said:

Finally a reason to post 

1/10/2022 - Ordered 2022 F250 KRU, 6.7 PSD, moonroof, power running boards, switches, clearance lights, carpet delete

1/11/2022 - Confirmed unscheduled clean

5/12/2022 - Scheduled for production week 6/27 

I ordered same truck 1/13/22 deleted spray in bed liner, fifth wheel prep, wheel well liners in February priority 2 since April CRICKETS!!!!????

• Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 4:01 AM, elltee said:

Chances are your dealer didn’t submit your information to FMC with your order. Mine didn’t either, but there are times when that seems to be a blessing when I see people receiving multiple delay emails. I did call Ford Marketing and they confirmed my order. The number is somewhere in this thread. Start looking around page 330 and keep going.

1-800 -392-3673 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 7:47 AM, Hammerdog said:

I ordered on 3/30. Scheduled for production 5/23 week. 7.3 Lariat, carbonized grey, sunroof, upfitters, value package, ultimate trailer, roof lights, FX4, sport appearance package, tailgate step, and a couple small items. Everything I really wanted except the BAP which I have already ordered badges and ovals. Can’t wait to fill It up! Gas just hit $4.47 here in central Virginia!

I wish,  $5.50 a gallon for the cheap crap in California 

On 5/19/2022 at 1:29 PM, ice-capades said:

The following notice was just released to Ford Dealers and has been posted to the 2022MY Super Duty Production Information section. 

Product Offering Changes - 2022MY Super Duty Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion

ACTION REQUESTED

• Please be advised of amendments to the 2022 Super Duty product offering availability (Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion®)
  • Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal is now required on all orders. Impacted scheduled and unscheduled units will include credits on the window sticker.
  • Customers taking delivery of 22MY Super Duty Limited, Platinum, and King Ranch Ultimate Package including Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal must sign the linked Acknowledgement Form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature identified and they will not be charged for the feature. A copy of the signed Acknowledgement Form must be included in the deal jacket.
  • `Dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes required to their orders. Following this communication, dealers should add Option Code 91X (Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal) where applicable on scheduled and unscheduled retail and fleet orders by May 25, 2022. Orders that are not updated by May 25, 2022 will be amended by Ford on May 26, 2022. Scheduled and unscheduled stock orders will be amended by Ford on May 26, 2022.

SUMMARY
The automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages of a wide variety of components used to manufacture Ford vehicles. As a way for customers to get their Super Duty trucks sooner, Ford has implemented the following product offering change process.

Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal (91X)

• Vehicle orders with Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® (Driver and Passenger) (included on Limited, Platinum, and King Ranch Ultimate Package) will require Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal 91X through the remainder of the 2022 model year. The window sticker will reflect a credit in the amount of $300 for Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal.
  • Please be advised Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal will be listed on the window label at no charge/no credit on King Ranch models not equipped with the Ultimate Package. There is no credit associated with this configuration as seats without Multi-Contour with Active Motion® functionality are the standard condition on King Ranch.
  • Dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes required to their orders. Following this communication, dealers should add Option Code 91X (Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal) to Super Duty retail & fleet scheduled and unscheduled orders by May 25, 2022. Those orders that are not updated by May 26, 2022 will be amended by Ford to include Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal (91X) on May 26, 2022.
  • Unscheduled stock orders including the Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® feature will be amended by Ford to include Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal (91X) on May 26, 2022. After this date, Option Code 91X will need to be added to all newly entered orders with the Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® feature.

CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM
Customers purchasing a Super Duty Limited, Platinum, or King Ranch Ultimate Package with Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal must sign the linked customer acknowledgement form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature identified and they will not be charged for the feature.

I’ve talked to my sales manager and ford customer service may 24 and they haven’t heard of this. A little confusing!!!!

48 minutes ago, King ranch 62 said:

I’ve talked to my sales manager and ford customer service may 24 and they haven’t heard of this. A little confusing!!!!

The information was displayed and available on the FMCDealer.com portal home page as are all notices of this type. Your sales manager is either an idiot or can't be bothered to utilize the resources available! I can't speak to Ford's customer service department knowledge of the information but that vary depending on the representative you talked to. 

• Like 3

On 5/20/2022 at 8:29 AM, manko said:

I'm seeing so many people make posts like this sympathizing with Ford.  To be clear, I'm not blaming Ford for not being able to get the modules.  I'm also not blaming them for wanting to get customers their trucks.  What I am blaming them for is how they chose to handle it.  Many people step up to Platinums over a Lariat Ultimate specifically for the active motion seats.  Best I can tell, these two modules (one for each seat) are around $550 each when you buy them from a discount online ford parts dealer.  The local dealer would be even more.  The seats have to be removed in order to access the part of the seat where these are installed.  So $1100 in parts plus 1 - 2 hours of labor is what it would cost to have these two missing parts installed.  But instead we get a measly $300 discount on our order.  This will hurt the resale value of the truck a lot more than $300.  If I had known this would be missing from my build I would have saved several thousand dollars and ordered a Lariat Ultimate (and gotten the truck a lot quicker too).  

Ford could have given people any two of the following three options:

1. you can have a $XXX discount

2. when parts are available we will notify you so you can take your truck to your local dealer and have them installed

3. your truck ill stay on a microchip hold until the modules are available

I don't think anyone could have faulted them if we had the option to get the part installed later (or wait).  But instead they forced option 1 down everyones throat. 

Exactly, hell I would pay a thousand out of my own pocket if they would make it so I could finish it at a later date. I don’t know why they don’t do that. or what harm is it to leave the bladders in and leave it up to the customer if he wants to spend the money to get it working.

On 5/20/2022 at 8:53 AM, Cglenn said:

I agree but NO you get to have your gag reflex or sphincter checked by Ford with no say so either way. This just allows them, Ford, to say well we don’t have any more XYZ widgets so we are going to substitute whatever we want and give it to you. Take it or leave it as the truck will still sell either way and we get our money so the only loser in this scenario is us the consumer who put our faith in Ford to build what we ordered and many of us paid a deposit on. 

sorry you wanted a hamburger with cheddar cheese we decided you will love our tofu burger with a smattering of ? 

???

54 minutes ago, King ranch 62 said:

Exactly, hell I would pay a thousand out of my own pocket if they would make it so I could finish it at a later date. I don’t know why they don’t do that. or what harm is it to leave the bladders in and leave it up to the customer if he wants to spend the money to get it working.

There are many probable reasons.

Maybe the module is very difficult to access to install later.

Maybe the module also controls basic seat movements.

Maybe the module is integrated with other components.

Maybe the missing module throws error codes that aren’t easily ignored.

This happens a lot in IT.   I’ve seen 5 minute code changes that could not be implemented because that change requires upgrading software A but upgrading software A requires upgrading software B but the new version of software B only runs on new hardware.  So a 5 minute change now requires a 6 month project to upgrade to new hardware and now costs $2M.

Some things are easy - this one apparently not.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 4:16 PM, NH_Bulldog said:

Seriously, throwing a fit because you can’t get a butt massager?  Sounds like a first-world problem to me.  The only items GM is retrofitting are heated rear seats, heated steering wheels, and parking assist features (all of which are available on a Ford).  They don’t even offer massaging seats in the HD trucks at GM.  What about all the features that GM eliminated and won’t be retrofitting?  Cylinder cutoff, auto start/stop (good riddance), HD radio, wireless charging pads, and more.  My brother has had his 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab on order since November and hasn’t received a build date yet.  It isn’t a Ford issue, it is an all manufacturer issue.  Maybe you could try Toyota and see if they have butt massagers?

You know there are people out here buying a particular truck for the massage aspect of the seat do to severe leg or back pain right? For you to make a broad statement like that show’s your lack of compassion and understanding. So if you don’t like someone’s post don’t read it. Thank you ? 

25 minutes ago, akirby said:

There are many probable reasons.

Maybe the module is very difficult to access to install later.

Maybe the module also controls basic seat movements.

Maybe the module is integrated with other components.

Maybe the missing module throws error codes that aren’t easily ignored.

This happens a lot in IT.   I’ve seen 5 minute code changes that could not be implemented because that change requires upgrading software A but upgrading software A requires upgrading software B but the new version of software B only runs on new hardware.  So a 5 minute change now requires a 6 month project to upgrade to new hardware and now costs $2M.

Some things are easy - this one apparently not.

Your telling me a multi billion dollar company that can now make cars that drive them selves can’t figure this out? When it comes to the cost’s let the customer decide.

On 5/21/2022 at 5:23 AM, Monoman said:

Not all supply chain issues are semi-conductor related.  The three main items causing SD delays are Fifth wheel prep, Spray in bed-liner, and Adaptive Steering.  The first two definitely do not have semi-conductor chips and for the last one we assume it is caused by chips but we don't really know.   I think many (maybe most) of the supply chain issues are labor related.  Look at the delays we are seeing with just getting the built trucks to the dealerships because the trucks sit waiting to be picked up by transporters.  The same thing is happening with the parts and materials going from point A to point B which is often from overseas to the US.

Ok so what ever part of that aspect of the seat is hard to get make that part available to be retrofitted latter. I here it is control modules. I myself would be ok with paying some of the cost to do it. I would really like to be able to drive without pain. Or at least less pain Especially long trips. That’s why I ordered the particular truck I did.

55 minutes ago, King ranch 62 said:

Your telling me a multi billion dollar company that can now make cars that drive them selves can’t figure this out? When it comes to the cost’s let the customer decide.

I’m telling you that the solution could be extremely complicated from an execution standpoint.  And cost is always a factor.

Also realize that Ford doesn’t manufacture the seats - they come from a 3rd party like Johnson Controls.  So they have their own issues.

Just because you’re disappointed (and that’s totally understandable) doesn’t mean there is an easy solution.