2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

I test drove a Ram 3500 Bighorn with a lot of bells and whistles.  The interior was the bomb.  Good thing it was an ugly color, $15K more, and a diesel so 3 strikes and you're out.  Not a fan of the 6.4hemi so that's a no go as well.  

Not happy with the lack of comms with my dealer so maybe my last gig with them.  

I'm only 3 months into my wait.  

Edited by River Wild

20 minutes ago, Havasu Guy said:

I hear you Brother,

?? I'm over 7 months since order placed and just like you, my Dealer never told me about the seat delete as well.

Checked with Ford Marketing (800) 334-4375 and they are also clueless on information regarding the Multi-Contour seat delete.

Ford Marketing also said that I'm still at "Unscheduled Clean" as of yesterday Wednesday May 25, 2022. NO PCO on file as well.

Since I have not heard a peep from my Dealer about the seat delete, I'm seriously considering cancelling my Order and waiting for the 2023 MY.

No Sense Ordering a Platinum and settling for less, along with waiting over 7 months and still not scheduled.

By the time the truck gets scheduled, it will be close to 9 months or longer before I see it....... by then, maybe the 2023 MY Order Bank will be open?

My23 ordering opens 10/17/22. Keep this one going, order a new one and see what happens. Buy both and sell whatever one gets you the bigger return. 

52 minutes ago, Cglenn said:

Is there anyway to get a detailed history of your build that would at least outline any QC issues or the likes? I was told by Ford marketing that my build started on 4/11 but wasn’t completed until 4/13 maybe because it had to go to gfx or maybe QC issues?  @ice-capades

The Vehicle Visibility report will sometimes show status updates during production showing the vehicle progressing through different stages or departments. Vehicles are not sent "Offsite" until after "Produced" status is achieved after the vehicle assembly is completed at the plant. QC issues are not noted or disclosed. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

51 minutes ago, THASS said:

My23 ordering opens 10/17/22. Keep this one going, order a new one and see what happens. Buy both and sell whatever one gets you the bigger return. 

Ford has not yet announced the 2023MY Super Duty schedule. I'll post the 2023MY information when it becomes available.   

21 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Ford has not yet announced the 2023MY Super Duty schedule. I'll post the 2023MY information when it becomes available.   

Thanks. I just took the screenshot from the Bronco Sport forum. They announced MY23 yesterday with this graphic. 

19 minutes ago, THASS said:

Thanks. I just took the screenshot from the Bronco Sport forum. They announced MY23 yesterday with this graphic. 

No model changeover, USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank), scheduling or production information is official until it's published in the FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) which is published on Friday's and usually available to Dealers over the weekend. 

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The Vehicle Visibility report will sometimes show status updates during production showing the vehicle progressing through different stages or departments. Vehicles are not sent "Offsite" until after "Produced" status is achieved after the vehicle assembly is completed at the plant. QC issues are not noted or disclosed. 

My first time posting though I have been following you all for a while now. I ordered a F450 Limited in September 21. The truck went into Production in May according to the Tracker (same time period others were saying their F450s were going into production). Got the Window Sticker and the BCE module codes appeared about second week of May.

Last week the dealership notified me that they got notice of an arrival ETA of mid-June. Meanwhile the Ford Tracker continued to show "In Production" so I though no way will it be in Denver by then. Interestingly the Window Sticker has now disappeared from the Ford Tracker. Two days ago talked to my guy at the dealership again and the arrival ETA had also been deleted on his end. There was now a message that the truck is on "microchip hold" with an ETA of October.

Called Ford Marketing yesterday and the rep looked in the status. He also said it was on "microchip hold" but could not give me any detail on exactly what is causing the hold. He did say it showed that it was produced in the main plant then sent over to an offsite facility and that is where there hold status was determined.

Just speculating but wonder if the Motion Seats could be the issue. Maybe Ford is waiting to see if they will get the needed components?

Luckily I have a sweet 2017 F350 DRW Platinum with only 20,000 miles so I can continue my summer plans. I will be selling the F350 but only if/when I have the f450. Attached photos are my current 2017.

IMG_20180707_190332.jpg

IMG_20200603_141547.jpg

6 hours ago, King ranch 62 said:

Actually I did pay for them by paying an extra 3000+ dollars to get the ultimate package, pretty much for the massage seats.

Actually, until you pay for the truck and take physical possession, you haven’t bought anything……It belongs to Ford and/or the dealership. 

Edited by NH_Bulldog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NH_Bulldog said:

Actually, until you pay for the truck and take physical possession, you haven’t bought anything……It belongs to Ford and/or the dealership. 

Actually, until you have the title in your name ....

• Like 2

Ordered Sep 1st F350 platinum with AS,, spray in bed liner, 5th wheel prep pack. 
Oct 1 dropped AS

after delays it was built on 4/22

just arrived at the dealership today 

pick it up tomorrow. No mention of it not having massaging seats. Guess I'll find out tomorrow 

I had my window sticker load yesterday. 250 platinum ordered 21-11-26. There is nothing on the window sticker about the multi contour seats. I was under the impression if the seats were deleted there would be mention on the WS regarding the delete. I also thought if they were not deleted then there would be something that says they are included. Did anyone else have this on their WS? 

17 minutes ago, Yukon77 said:

I had my window sticker load yesterday. 250 platinum ordered 21-11-26. There is nothing on the window sticker about the multi contour seats. I was under the impression if the seats were deleted there would be mention on the WS regarding the delete. I also thought if they were not deleted then there would be something that says they are included. Did anyone else have this on their WS? 

Check out your build on the tracker. It's the drop downs at the bottom. You'll either see the seats represented or you'll see "Multi Contour Seat Delete." That should give you what you're looking for. 

Been a lurker for a while and have learned a lot from the discussions here.  Placed my SD order on 1/31/22 received my confirmation email on the order the same day then nothing till 3/18/22 with an order update saying they are working through supply issues.  F350 Lariat Super Cab DRW 6.7L that was pretty loaded is what I ordered but over time I kept removing items that were holding up production.  Every change I made I would do in person with the dealer and I would get a copy of the order sheet.  The last change though I did by Phone to remove the Spray in Bedliner, Tonneau Cover and Splash guards which leads me to why I'm posting.  Stopped in dealer yesterday to see if they could adjust my Priority Code and asked for the latest order sheet for my records. I was surprised to find that there were price increases on 4 of the items that I immediately spotted between my 3/29 and 4/21 changes.

F350 4X4 Supercab DRW/164.   $57005 / $57705 

FX4 Off-Road Package.   $400 / $495

5th Wheel Prep. $500 / $550

Destination & Delivery.  $1,695 / $1,795

I was told at the time of order that I would have price protection and wanted to see if anyone else on the forum had encountered this and what was the resolution?  The Sales manager was going to look into this and get back to me so I hope to hear something today. 

19 minutes ago, CGrabb said:

Been a lurker for a while and have learned a lot from the discussions here.  Placed my SD order on 1/31/22 received my confirmation email on the order the same day then nothing till 3/18/22 with an order update saying they are working through supply issues.  F350 Lariat Super Cab DRW 6.7L that was pretty loaded is what I ordered but over time I kept removing items that were holding up production.  Every change I made I would do in person with the dealer and I would get a copy of the order sheet.  The last change though I did by Phone to remove the Spray in Bedliner, Tonneau Cover and Splash guards which leads me to why I'm posting.  Stopped in dealer yesterday to see if they could adjust my Priority Code and asked for the latest order sheet for my records. I was surprised to find that there were price increases on 4 of the items that I immediately spotted between my 3/29 and 4/21 changes.

I was told at the time of order that I would have price protection and wanted to see if anyone else on the forum had encountered this and what was the resolution?  The Sales manager was going to look into this and get back to me so I hope to hear something today. 

Of course you have price protection.  If the dealer says no he’s an idiot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THASS said:

Check out your build on the tracker. It's the drop downs at the bottom. You'll either see the seats represented or you'll see "Multi Contour Seat Delete." That should give you what you're looking for. 

I have Multi Contour Seat Delete on my tracker. For an F350 Lariat. So that's not accurate. I would think you would need to wait on the window sticker, which is the last word on the build.

1 hour ago, CGrabb said:

I had a similar experience, the system always defaults to the “current” Pricing. It is the same with the window sticker, when it is generated, it reflects the current pricing.

as far as price protection. 
I have read on this forum where some dealers try pull a fast one and state it doesn’t apply for some reason or another. 
akirby stated it the best!

1 hour ago, CGrabb said:

Dealer should honor the price on your order paperwork (less anything you removed after the order).  I have read many posts here that some Dealers were not honoring the price protection.  I picked up my truck this month from the Dealer, the paper work they had ready showed the new MSRP (what as on the sticker) and no discounts that we agreed to were applied.  I showed them my paperwork, and no argument, they updated the paper work.  But, the second round of paper work was still wrong, they kept the new MSRP and applied the discounts we previously agreed to. Again, I pointed out the error to them (ie. price protection), and again with no argument they quickly changed the paperwork.  The third time was a charm, and price was as agreed.  So, you do need to watch them, and if you have a signed order, you should get the price you agreed to if the dealer is at all a bit honest and have integrity.  Take your paper work with you.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, awesomeegyptian said:

Well I finally got my window sticker and email saying it will be at the dealership between June 17th-23rd fingers crossed it doesn't change. Anyone know if I can track the movement of it?

windowsticker.pdf

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that includes the complete order history and all scheduling, production and shipping status updates through final delivery to the dealership. In addition, the report includes the rail carrier and rail car number information which you may be able to use for tracking purposes.  

20 hours ago, ColoradoBob said:

My first time posting though I have been following you all for a while now. I ordered a F450 Limited in September 21. The truck went into Production in May according to the Tracker (same time period others were saying their F450s were going into production). Got the Window Sticker and the BCE module codes appeared about second week of May.

Last week the dealership notified me that they got notice of an arrival ETA of mid-June. Meanwhile the Ford Tracker continued to show "In Production" so I though no way will it be in Denver by then. Interestingly the Window Sticker has now disappeared from the Ford Tracker. Two days ago talked to my guy at the dealership again and the arrival ETA had also been deleted on his end. There was now a message that the truck is on "microchip hold" with an ETA of October.

Called Ford Marketing yesterday and the rep looked in the status. He also said it was on "microchip hold" but could not give me any detail on exactly what is causing the hold. He did say it showed that it was produced in the main plant then sent over to an offsite facility and that is where there hold status was determined.

Just speculating but wonder if the Motion Seats could be the issue. Maybe Ford is waiting to see if they will get the needed components?

Luckily I have a sweet 2017 F350 DRW Platinum with only 20,000 miles so I can continue my summer plans. I will be selling the F350 but only if/when I have the f450. Attached photos are my current 2017.

IMG_20180707_190332.jpg

IMG_20200603_141547.jpg

Did you by chance go through Brighton Ford?

Sweet Plati!