2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

@ice-capades

Should those who have an In-Production email with a build date for this week expect to see those trucks built this week? Is there a chance those carry over into subsequent weeks after the July shutdown? 

Out of curiosity, are the Super Duty plants running night shifts at the moment? 

7 hours ago, tjm73 said:

I got the email this morning that my truck has been built!! Now the delivery wait begins .

SnapMarkup_20222301_082358.png

This part of the wait is the hard part... knowing that the truck now exists but that you still can't have it!  Today is three weeks for mine, still sitting in Shelbyville KY waiting for a ride.  Good luck with yours.

21 minutes ago, Forddaddy said:

@ice-capades

Should those who have an In-Production email with a build date for this week expect to see those trucks built this week? Is there a chance those carry over into subsequent weeks after the July shutdown? 

Great question!  I too have been in an in-production status (without a date) for 2 weeks and wondering if I don't hear anything today if I should then expect to not hear anything for the next 2 weeks.

image.thumb.png.3f8040ea37aa8e0f7ce92387eac6731d.png

1 hour ago, Forddaddy said:

@ice-capades

The Kentucky Truck Plant (KTP) is down the next 2 weeks (7/4, 7/11) for the annual shut down. 

Edited by ice-capades

@ice-capades

with KTP being shut for the next 2 weeks, how does this impact trucks that are built and awaiting shipment??

I as as that is my status and the delivery date to the dealer is 7/16 thru 7/22.

Anybody with an idea on what happens I would really appreciate it.  
I am trying to coordinate the selling of my current vehicle with the arrival of the new truck.

Edited by SpartanFan23
tag

Got this email from Ford a few minutes ago.  That certainly makes things better.

Dear xxxxx,

We understand it has been too long since you last heard from us. Today, we wanted to give you an update on the status of your Super Duty F-250 Platinum order.

Unfortunately, continued supply chain issues are slowing things down. We’re working diligently to try and reduce these delays.

Now here’s our promise to you. We know that waiting for delivery of your Ford is far less fun than actually driving it. So, we commit to updating you as soon as we can, at least once every 45 days regarding your vehicle’s production schedule status. No matter what.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

1 hour ago, SpartanFan23 said:

@ice-capades

with KTP being shut for the next 2 weeks, how does this impact trucks that are built and awaiting shipment??

I as as that is my status and the delivery date to the dealer is 7/16 thru 7/22.

Anybody with an idea on what happens I would really appreciate it.  
I am trying to coordinate the selling of my current vehicle with the arrival of the new truck.

Usually, vehicles don't get shipped until the plant resumes operations. Due to the shipping backlog and other factors that have affected plant operations post-pandemic, there have been times when plant staff have continued shipping operations during plant down time. There's no way of knowing if vehicles will be shipping during the 2-week shut down, as Ford doesn't provide that information to Dealers.  

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2022 at 7:11 PM, BLat said:

Long time observer, first time post. I have found this forum invaluable so wanted to share to  hopefully help other members with one additional data point. Order date: 2/28/22 (F350)

built: 5/10 (fast considering some of the wait times I’ve seen from other posts)

shipped/arrived at port by rail: 5/16 (according to ford marketing)

status since has been “delay/plant hold”. Delivery eta Moved from 5/26 to 6/17 to 7/16 and now the latest 7/20. I’m thinking maybe it doesn’t ship to dealer until software update for particulate sensor is available to dealers…just speculation but welcome others thoughts 

Bumped again to 7/26 ETA to dealer

Ordered 3/30. 6/29 dealer said your truck is here. Picking up next week, carbonized grey, 7.3 Lariat, Sport appearance, moonroof, tow assist and a few other goodies. I bought it from a small town dealer. I will post pictures when I get it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bulldog5454 said:

Got this email from Ford a few minutes ago.  That certainly makes things better.

Dear xxxxx,

We understand it has been too long since you last heard from us. Today, we wanted to give you an update on the status of your Super Duty F-250 Platinum order.

Unfortunately, continued supply chain issues are slowing things down. We’re working diligently to try and reduce these delays.

Now here’s our promise to you. We know that waiting for delivery of your Ford is far less fun than actually driving it. So, we commit to updating you as soon as we can, at least once every 45 days regarding your vehicle’s production schedule status. No matter what.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

The commitment to an update every 45 days no matter what is a nice improvement over the previous lack of information.  Hang in there and it will be at the dealer eventually ??

24 minutes ago, SpartanFan23 said:

The commitment to an update every 45 days no matter what is a nice improvement over the previous lack of information.  Hang in there and it will be at the dealer eventually ??

it a step on the right direction.   But any order over 6 months needs priority!   With some people out over a year and others getting their orders under 6 months is complete BS!

Edited by RFT2112

11 hours ago, BLat said:

Bumped again to 7/26 ETA to dealer

I’m with ya.  Built 5/9.  Been in Mesquite Tx rail yard for a month and half. “Delay-Plant hold-Stop Ship”.  Last I heard was July 15 earliest release for mine.  Evidently Ford doesn’t have the cloud to send software over to dealers or to autos themselves.  John Deere does it everyday!!!!

Edited by Boss Hog
Add

FWIW - This morning I received the "Built" notice for my cancelled F250 Platinum. This truck was originally ordered in early November and includes 5th wheel prep and spray in bedliner.  It did include Adaptive Steering but it looks like the dealer dropped it.  Also, the window sticker shows the $300 credit for MULTI CONTOUR SEAT DELETE. 

1 hour ago, Boss Hog said:

I’m with ya.  Built 5/9.  Been in Mesquite Tx rail yard for a month and half. “Delay-Plant hold-Stop Ship”.  Last I heard was July 15 earliest release for mine.  Evidently Ford doesn’t have the cloud to send software over to dealers or to autos themselves.  John Deere does it everyday!!!!

Thanks for the post Bosshog; guess that supports the theory of holding at rail yard until the software patch is available for particulate sensor. 

Maybe they control for it  but I’ve seen rodents do damage to vehicles only sitting for 1 week….never mind almost two months.  Hope that’s not the next hurdle For us !

19 hours ago, danmeservey said:

This part of the wait is the hard part... knowing that the truck now exists but that you still can't have it!  Today is three weeks for mine, still sitting in Shelbyville KY waiting for a ride.  Good luck with yours.

I'm at 3.5 months of waiting for it to leave KTP. Clean, no holds,released per plant VVR. I don't get it. 

13 hours ago, Hammerdog said:

Ordered 3/30. 6/29 dealer said your truck is here. Picking up next week, carbonized grey, 7.3 Lariat, Sport appearance, moonroof, tow assist and a few other goodies. I bought it from a small town dealer. I will post pictures when I get it.

3/30 of this year? Just curious because my order / confirm date is the same.  6.7 Lariat Tremor BAP from a small dealer also

3 hours ago, BLat said:

Thanks for the post Bosshog; guess that supports the theory of holding at rail yard until the software patch is available for particulate sensor. 

Maybe they control for it  but I’ve seen rodents do damage to vehicles only sitting for 1 week….never mind almost two months.  Hope that’s not the next hurdle For us !

FWIW….my dealer did put a “Hot Alert” on it.  My understanding is that this just notifies Fords that the unit is needed “yesterday” so get on it and send it ASAP.   Wether this helps any is TBD

2 hours ago, Boss Hog said:

FWIW….my dealer did put a “Hot Alert” on it.  My understanding is that this just notifies Fords that the unit is needed “yesterday” so get on it and send it ASAP.   Wether this helps any is TBD

Dealer BS! All retail orders are automatically "Hot" listed for expedited delivery. That's exactly why retail orders are signified by the green Window Stickers and the "Special Order" tag. It's also possible that the vehicle is on a "Plant Hold" at the ramp which would be noted on the Vehicle Visibility Report.  

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1

I got the "Built" email last night and the Ford Tracker showed "In Production" and "Built", both with check marks and the date of 7/1/22. Now this morning the tracker is showing "In Production" with no check marks or date. Anyone have that happen or have insight?

50 minutes ago, pdough said:

I got the "Built" email last night and the Ford Tracker showed "In Production" and "Built", both with check marks and the date of 7/1/22. Now this morning the tracker is showing "In Production" with no check marks or date. Anyone have that happen or have insight?

It take a day or 2 before the tracker is correct

On 7/1/2022 at 4:28 PM, ice-capades said:

The Kentucky Truck Plant (KTP) is down the next 2 weeks (7/4, 7/11) for the annual shut down. 

Wow, Ford is unbelievable, so many trucks unbuilt and they shut down for 2 weeks!!!  

With that 2 week shutdown I’ll be at 15 months on my F450 Platinum order !!!!!!!!!!

Dealer says it has nothing to do with them and it’s all about Ford?  

Apparently Ford doesn’t  care about fulfilling all the unbuilt orders out there. 

• Like 1