2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

On 8/4/2022 at 10:11 AM, King ranch 62 said:

I dropped the fifth wheel prep and the spray in bed liner and wheel well liners in February it definitely did not help to expedite the build. Confirmation only.??

Same here my friend. I called them back two weeks ago and said put them back on the order. They did I guess. The 17th will be day 365 for my wait. 

How long are people seeing their trucks stay in “production” lately? My truck went in production on 8/2. My window sticker was available that day. Now on day 9 I have not heard anything and my modules haven’t populated. Is it possible to push to next week or should this week still be my build week? It’s a 6.7 KRU.

My F350 was built 6/7. Shipped 6/8, Sat in Ky rail yard for 8 weeks and finally got on a rail car 8/9. I have no idea how much longer it will be between the train ride, off loading and the wait for a transporter.

Edited by lcseds
Wrong date

It took about 5 days for the Ford Tracker and Modules to reflect the actual date of the build. The indicated build date (Ford Tracker) was within a day of the projected date received via email.

F250, CC, SRW, 7.3, Lariat Ultimate, FX4, BAP (kept spray in)

2 hours ago, colecoop56 said:

How long are people seeing their trucks stay in “production” lately? My truck went in production on 8/2. My window sticker was available that day. Now on day 9 I have not heard anything and my modules haven’t populated. Is it possible to push to next week or should this week still be my build week? It’s a 6.7 KRU.

Mine went into production 24 June but when the Ford tracker updated it had a date of 20 July as ‘in production’. I can only assume it didn’t actually go into production until after the summer break shutdown.  It shows a ‘built’ date of 21 July, however there is only a white circle and no check mark in the circle on the Ford tracker. It currently shows waiting to ship for over 2 weeks. Not sure if mine is a typical case or not.

8/23/21

confirmed 8/26/21

went in to dealer yesterday 

have not heard from anyone in a couple months on status 

Talked to manager in charge of orders

he apologized for salesman( he does not work there anymore)?

He said Iam the only f450 he has on order 

he could not tell me how many trucks are in front of mine

he said it does not work that way 

said ford has constraints and he finally listed them 

many times I have ask manager for items but said clear order and priority 10 And he said he could not get ford to change to a priority it’s all about regional allotments

anyway he said probably not getting built

one surprise is that he ran my truck order and now it says priority 2 ( still said probably not getting built because of commodity issues)

If ford makes me reorder 23 and get back in line and does not have price protection Iam out 

ford loose a long time Custermer 

Past and present fords

sho

svt mustang

gt mustang

saleen mustang 

shelby 350r

4- f150

ranger

f450

38 minutes ago, HOU-TX-TREMOR said:

Mine went into production 24 June but when the Ford tracker updated it had a date of 20 July as ‘in production’. I can only assume it didn’t actually go into production until after the summer break shutdown.  It shows a ‘built’ date of 21 July, however there is only a white circle and no check mark in the circle on the Ford tracker. It currently shows waiting to ship for over 2 weeks. Not sure if mine is a typical case or not.

Well at least you’ve been scheduled. Some day I hope!!?‍♂️

• Like 1

I ordered my new F-350 Lariat truck in January, and I have not received any emails or information from Ford. In reading through comments on this thread, it sounds like many forum members can see how their trucks are moving through the system. Is there a website or way that a customer can see where their truck is in the process?

I understand the supply chain constraints. As a business owner, I am shocked at the lack of communication around the status of orders from both Ford and my dealer. From my end, it seems like they do not care. Not sure how other car manufacturers are dealing with communication to their customers around order delays, but Ford's customer service has been horrible.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, F450 said:

8/23/21

confirmed 8/26/21

many times I have ask manager for items but said clear order and priority 10 And he said he could not get ford to change to a priority it’s all about regional allotments

one surprise is that he ran my truck order and now it says priority 2 ( still said probably not getting built because of commodity issues)

If ford makes me reorder 23 and get back in line and does not have price protection Iam out 

Past and present fords

sho

svt mustang

gt mustang

saleen mustang 

shelby 350r

4- f150

ranger

f450

F450,

Sent you a PM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WIJason said:

I ordered my new F-350 Lariat truck in January, and I have not received any emails or information from Ford. In reading through comments on this thread, it sounds like many forum members can see how their trucks are moving through the system. Is there a website or way that a customer can see where their truck is in the process?

I understand the supply chain constraints. As a business owner, I am shocked at the lack of communication around the status of orders from both Ford and my dealer. From my end, it seems like they do not care. Not sure how other car manufacturers are dealing with communication to their customers around order delays, but Ford's customer service has been horrible.

If you did not get an email from Ford within a couple days of placing the order then call the dealer.  They either put the wrong email address (or none) on the order or they messed it up and it might not be in the system.  The dealer has access to a website for vehicle visibility 24x7

Edited by UT_Grandpa
spelling fix

I think my situation is similar to yours and both are mostly typical to what is occurring when ordering new vehicles (Ford or other manufacturers). 

I placed an order last December and never received any communication from Ford for 6 months (June 23).  I corresponded with my salesman every 2 months and was able to confirm my order by calling Ford Marketing at 1-800-392-3673.  They asked for my "Order Code" number and I think the "Sales Code" number (this information is on the paperwork received when placing the order). 

As was previously stated, your salesman can also confirm your order status and information through the Vehicle Visibility Report (VVR).  Hang in there your order has probably been submitted a long with your contact info.

9 hours ago, F450 said:

8/23/21

confirmed 8/26/21

Past and present fords

sho

svt mustang

gt mustang

saleen mustang 

shelby 350r

4- f150

ranger

f450

Unfortunately there will not be price protection, there are some conversation going on that if you order the 23, they will have your cancel records and the 23 will be prioritized, but at this stage, who the heck know anything anymore.

interesting that he is so sure it’s not going to be build, it’s definitely getting closer and closer to that cut off but there still time and can’t believe you are not even at priority 2 yet!!! 

49 minutes ago, sushi02hk said:

Unfortunately there will not be price protection, there are some conversation going on that if you order the 23, they will have your cancel records and the 23 will be prioritized, but at this stage, who the heck know anything anymore.

interesting that he is so sure it’s not going to be build, it’s definitely getting closer and closer to that cut off but there still time and can’t believe you are not even at priority 2 yet!!! 

He is a Priority 2, but didn’t know it…2/3 down his post.  But, for how long?

4 hours ago, WIJason said:

If your dealer didn’t enter your information into the COVP (customer order verification program), you won’t hear anything. If you have your order, Ford Customer Service can get you some information.

5 hours ago, WIJason said:

Once your truck is scheduled and you receive a VIN you can track your order.

Your dealer has access to all the information. The dealer is Ford's customer and they provide the dealer information, which is available 24/7. You purchased from a dealer, so make the dealer provide you with customer service, which at a minimum should include regular updates. My dealer provides weekly updates.

14 hours ago, UT_Grandpa said:

If you did not get an email from Ford within a couple days of placing the order then call the dealer.  They either put the wrong email address (or none) on the order or they messed it up and it might not be in the system.  The dealer has access to a website for vehicle visibility 24x7

Hopefully what UT Grandpa said to do will work for you.  But just letting you know that in my case we have gone through the process several times and no one can figure out why I am still not receiving emails.

Hi all!  I am a long time GM owner and have ordered my first Ford.  

I ordered a F-250 King Ranch on 1/19/2022.  As of last week, my dealer said that I am listed as "Priority 2" and have been for a little over a month.  I check in with them every month now, and I think they are getting sick of me a bit.

I have a side bet with a sales person at another dealership for $100.  He doesn't think I will see my truck this year.  

What's the deal?  As a first time Ford buyer, this is extremely painful!

Placed my order 12/31/21 for F250 KRU 6.7 Tremor package.  Last week I had a long discussion with the floor manager about my order and not hearing anything from Ford except confirmation on 1/1/22 and one email sorry for the delays.  He basically told me that with the 6.7 and the Tremor package the hold up was the high towing package that has to be added and the wheels on the Tremor package.  He said if I was willing to remove the Tremor package I would probably get built this year, otherwise it wasn't going to get built.  At this point of knowing when the next scheduling is and all of the issues with shipping why would I want to remove everything that I wanted to get a truck that is going to be a year old when I get it?  He did say that if I waited and it rolled to a 23 that it would be moved to the front on the line.  Have been a "Priority 2" since the first week of March.  At this point I am figure that it is not going to happen this year and that it will be a 23........the price protection is something that he is still trying to look into.  He thought that there would be a charge for the newer year model but Ford would make it right some way.  

26 minutes ago, EJS1463 said:

Placed my order 12/31/21 for F250 KRU 6.7 Tremor package.  Last week I had a long discussion with the floor manager about my order and not hearing anything from Ford except confirmation on 1/1/22 and one email sorry for the delays.  He basically told me that with the 6.7 and the Tremor package the hold up was the high towing package that has to be added and the wheels on the Tremor package.  He said if I was willing to remove the Tremor package I would probably get built this year, otherwise it wasn't going to get built.  At this point of knowing when the next scheduling is and all of the issues with shipping why would I want to remove everything that I wanted to get a truck that is going to be a year old when I get it?  He did say that if I waited and it rolled to a 23 that it would be moved to the front on the line.  Have been a "Priority 2" since the first week of March.  At this point I am figure that it is not going to happen this year and that it will be a 23........the price protection is something that he is still trying to look into.  He thought that there would be a charge for the newer year model but Ford would make it right some way.  

This would probably explain why my tremor build week just got pushed from 8/22 to 8/29.  I'm just happy I am scheduled, it is getting close.  Ordered from a small dealer late in the game, 3/30.