2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

3 hours ago, Cknox78 said:

https://www.thedrive.com/news/growing-pile-of-unfinished-ford-trucks-missing-chips-is-visible-from-space-again

Looks like some 2022 super dutys stored at Kentucky speedway like the 21's last year

I may have to take a drive and see for myself.  I just got a window sticker and the speedway is halfway between my front door and the KTP. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cknox78 said:

https://www.thedrive.com/news/growing-pile-of-unfinished-ford-trucks-missing-chips-is-visible-from-space-again

Looks like some 2022 super dutys stored at Kentucky speedway like the 21's last year

From the article:

"This time, they're being driven to the speedway rather than delivered on a car hauler. If that's indeed the case, it's a 50-mile trip one way that will reflect on each truck's odometer."

?

• Angry 1

53 minutes ago, Nick67 said:

Looks like it’s only for 350-550s according to the post. Either way I’d be upset about extra miles but I’m sure some dealers may cut some price or ford maybe not sure.. 

I can only think that they're driving the vehicles, rather than transport them via car carriers, so that they can move more vehicles quicker than taking the time to load and unload them from carriers. However, I'd forget about any price reduction or concession from either Ford or the Dealer. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nick67 said:

Makes sense! Hopefully we’ll get updates i just ordered a KRU dealer said they had a few more allocations and I’ve been told ford accepted the order waiting on schedule date

hmmm.   Did you get a confirmation email from Ford?   Something sounds fishy here as Ford is no longer,  since months ago,  accepting 2022 SD orders.  

42 minutes ago, DjMatrok said:

Just got word that my truck is priority 2 and changed to “preview”.  I’m assuming this is good news?

If you're referring to the AM Scheduling Preview Report, and that your truck was showing on the report as selected for scheduling, don't get too excited just yet. That report gets updated each weekday morning (Tuesday - Thursday) as commodity and plant constraints change. It's also only applicable for that week's scheduling on Thursday. If it wasn't scheduled yesterday, the process starts over again next week, and it will need to be selected again next week if it meets the applicable constraints. COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) verified retail orders with priority scheduling and incremental allocation can be scheduled at other times. 

Let the games begin….

Ordered F350 Tremor Lariat in March from a large dealer South of KC.

Scheduled last week for 9/12 week build.  No dealer contact since ordering.

Sent them an email, which they replied to.  Sales guy is gone, New guy in place.

Me:  I have the original order with pricing and I have X plan, which you agreed to at the time of order, and a military appreciation discount of $500

Sales guy:  Here is your new order cost.  Sorry, but the price went up due to how long it took to build.  Not sure if we can do X plan and military

Me:  Price protected at time of order…blah, blah.

Sales guy:  We dont know anything about that.

Again, large dealer in the mid-west that I assure is churning some big numbers as well as a lot of fleet vehicles.

7 hours ago, gearguywb said:

Let the games begin….

Sent them an email, which they replied to.  Sales guy is gone, New guy in place.

Me:  I have the original order with pricing and I have X plan, which you agreed to at the time of order, and a military appreciation discount of $500

Sales guy:  Here is your new order cost.  Sorry, but the price went up due to how long it took to build.  Not sure if we can do X plan and military

Again, large dealer in the mid-west that I assure is churning some big numbers as well as a lot of fleet vehicles.

Did you order from the dealership starting with Max?????

On 8/27/2022 at 12:38 AM, gearguywb said:

Let the games begin….

Get the sales manager on the phone. If he doesn’t want to play ball, inform him that any further games will result in a social media shitstorm about fucking veterans with his full name and phone number all over it. 

42 minutes ago, le engineer said:

Get the sales manager on the phone. If he doesn’t want to play ball, inform him that any further games will result in a social media shitstorm about fucking veterans with his full name and phone number all over it. 

Also, make sure if you go the social media route, tag the dealership and manufacturer.

Big name manufacturers don’t like the negative publicity and are more likely to resolve the situation….. just make sure all your ducks are in a row.

I work for a worldwide manufacturer, it’s amazing at the small things we do to resolve a complaint, regardless of who is at fault….

Hey Everyone,

I have been reading these posts for several months now and here is my story. I ordered my 2022 super duty F-350 Platinum, diesel, dually in Oct. of 2021. I received a clear confirmation from my dealership that the order was received by Ford. In November I received a build date of February 8th of 2022. Since I would have my truck by March, my wife and I started making reservations for 2 camping locations in June and multiple locations for a 30 day, 15 state vacation in July. February passed I had not heard any news. Contacted my dealership to check the status of my order. They checked with the Ford rep. for their dealership and he had no answers. They went above him to his supervisor with no answers. It was getting close to June and I had no truck. I started calling Ford Customer Care to check the status. I called every week. I think I got a recording. LOL Every person I spoke with said the same thing. “It is a priority 2, It is clean and waiting for the next scheduled build date. I heard this for the last 5 months. When June got here I still had not heard from Ford. I lost my reservation fees for my June camping locations and I had to rent a trailer for the month of July. I see where people that have ordered in February , March,  etc. are getting VIN numbers and build dates. I have checked with my dealership and they have told me they have no other trucks in front of mine, only mine. They check daily and don’t understand why they haven’t heard anything at all. Ford has not asked for any concessions. I have read that Ford may not complete the orders on the 2022’s. I am confused  why people that have ordered after me are getting build dates and emails and I have not heard anything. I don’t know anything else to do. Six weeks will make it one year since I placed my order. So what do I do?

10 hours ago, mitime said:

Hey Everyone,

I have been reading these posts for several months now and here is my story. I ordered my 2022 super duty F-350 Platinum, diesel, dually in Oct. of 2021. I received a clear confirmation from my dealership that the order was received by Ford. In November I received a build date of February 8th of 2022. Since I would have my truck by March, my wife and I started making reservations for 2 camping locations in June and multiple locations for a 30 day, 15 state vacation in July. February passed I had not heard any news. Contacted my dealership to check the status of my order. They checked with the Ford rep. for their dealership and he had no answers. They went above him to his supervisor with no answers. It was getting close to June and I had no truck. I started calling Ford Customer Care to check the status. I called every week. I think I got a recording. LOL Every person I spoke with said the same thing. “It is a priority 2, It is clean and waiting for the next scheduled build date. I heard this for the last 5 months. When June got here I still had not heard from Ford. I lost my reservation fees for my June camping locations and I had to rent a trailer for the month of July. I see where people that have ordered in February , March,  etc. are getting VIN numbers and build dates. I have checked with my dealership and they have told me they have no other trucks in front of mine, only mine. They check daily and don’t understand why they haven’t heard anything at all. Ford has not asked for any concessions. I have read that Ford may not complete the orders on the 2022’s. I am confused  why people that have ordered after me are getting build dates and emails and I have not heard anything. I don’t know anything else to do. Six weeks will make it one year since I placed my order. So what do I do?

You stated that last November you received a build date for 02/08/2022 but didn't mention whether you had the VIN number. The VIN number is assigned at the same time the vehicle is scheduled and the initial production week is assigned. Without a VIN number, the order is not scheduled. Once an order is scheduled and the VIN number is assigned, the Priority Code has no function. In addition, if your e-mail address was attached to your order and your order registered and verified in the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) system, at a minimum you should have received updates from Ford. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system which provides the complete order history including the current order status and all scheduling, production and shipping information through final delivery to the dealership. 

You should be talking directly to the sales manager as sales representatives are often not experienced with the retail order process or be aware or have access to the resources available that provide additional information on commodity and plant constraints, etc.  

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

Just got an email from my dealer and my truck is at the dealership.  Pretty much on schedule per the tracker, yet no email from the tracker.  6 and half months from order to delivery.  Now we'll see where we end up on price and if they stick to what we agreed on and the PCO.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, River Wild said:

Just got an email from my dealer and my truck is at the dealership.  Pretty much on schedule per the tracker, yet no email from the tracker.  6 and half months from order to delivery.  Now we'll see where we end up on price and if they stick to what we agreed on and the PCO.  

Why have you waited until the vehicle was delivered to the dealership and not addressed the issue of the Dealer honoring Ford's automatic price protection policy for retail orders or the PCO? Possession is 90%. 

Hello,

I ordered an F350 back in December that hasn't been scheduled. I changed the order to an F450 on 8/15. Does that reset my order date to 8/15? I care only because I don't want to lose my place in line if it has to be converted to a '23. I guess it's water under the bridge at this point, but I'm curious. The dealer put me back to a priority2 after the order change, but it's been that way since March and obviously hasn't helped.

34 minutes ago, KevinLK said:

Hello,

I ordered an F350 back in December that hasn't been scheduled. I changed the order to an F450 on 8/15. Does that reset my order date to 8/15? I care only because I don't want to lose my place in line if it has to be converted to a '23. I guess it's water under the bridge at this point, but I'm curious. The dealer put me back to a priority2 after the order change, but it's been that way since March and obviously hasn't helped.

It’s a brand new order but priority and your relative in the dealer’s queue based on priority are more important than order date.  If this is a fleet order, that’s a totally different process.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KevinLK said:

Hello,

As akirby stated, changing the order Body Code to an F-450 creates a new order with the original order date being reset to 08/15/2022 when the change was made. Dealers can't assign the "02" Priority Code as that can only be done by the Regional Scheduler which was probably done by the Dealer's request through their Ford Zone Manager. 

• Like 1