2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

5 hours ago, SomaliSkinnyPirate said:

Yep, just got the email as well... ordered 12/27, scheduled for sept 5th, then next week, now Oct 3rd. Way to go Ford!.. this is like ordering a car back in the Soviet Union..

good thing is I'll at least be able to see the new 2023 and decide if its worth even picking up the 2022 from the dealer.

Yep I just went from September 12 to October 3rd also ?

12 hours ago, UT_Grandpa said:

The link in my email said : "Your vehicle has been built and we are arranging shipment to your dealer. This step could take a few days to a week"  I guess Ford weeks are 60 days long!

Or in my case, 164 days or 23 weeks and counting, to ensure my satisfaction after being built. 

DATE FOR YOUR VEHICLE HAS CHANGED.

Dear David 

We have made an adjustment to the production date for your 2022 Super Duty F-450 Platinum.

Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of October 3, 2022. We will continue to keep you informed regarding your vehicle's production status.

☹️?

confirmed date aug 27 2021

Edited by F450

On 9/6/2022 at 6:14 PM, heresjohnny0555 said:

How do you know where to look if your truck is even being built. I ordered  Dec 21, limited all options, and I have not even got a VIN yet, however they say I am on priority 11? Where can I go besides to dealer to understand where and when the truck will be built? 

Cheers!

Many on here have called Ford marketing; however, probably all they will tell you is if your order is in the system.  They will refer you to your dealer who has current status of your order via their Vehicle Visibility Report.

Order priority is set by the dealer for retail orders from 10 to 19.  If they have orders set at priority 10, they will be considered for scheduling before priority 11.  Your dealer can request their Ford Rep to set your order priority to 2, which is the best you can get unless there are exceptional circumstances. Dealers often do not keep up with managing their order bank and need some prodding by the customer to adjust their priority.  Scheduling also considers commodity and plant constraints since there is no reason to schedule a build if they don’t have the parts to build it.

Your truck will be built at the Kentucky Truck Plant unless it’s a cab/chassis.  I believe some cab/chassis are built in Kentucky but most are built at the Ohio Assembly Plant.   Someone will likely chime in and correct me on that if not accurate.

Hope this helps,

Good luck!

10 hours ago, PineNut said:

Many on here have called Ford marketing; however, probably all they will tell you is if your order is in the system.  They will refer you to your dealer who has current status of your order via their Vehicle Visibility Report.

Order priority is set by the dealer for retail orders from 10 to 19.  If they have orders set at priority 10, they will be considered for scheduling before priority 11.  Your dealer can request their Ford Rep to set your order priority to 2, which is the best you can get unless there are exceptional circumstances. Dealers often do not keep up with managing their order bank and need some prodding by the customer to adjust their priority.  Scheduling also considers commodity and plant constraints since there is no reason to schedule a build if they don’t have the parts to build it.

Your truck will be built at the Kentucky Truck Plant unless it’s a cab/chassis.  I believe some cab/chassis are built in Kentucky but most are built at the Ohio Assembly Plant.   Someone will likely chime in and correct me on that if not accurate.

Hope this helps,

Good luck!

Pretty good summary of the situation. As I've stated so often, dealership management or mismanagement of the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is a major factor. It takes a lot of time to properly monitor and manage the USOB and unfortunately, there are a lot of unqualified, untrained, inexperienced or lazy and incompetent staff that don't have the time, don't know or can't be bothered to make the effort to utilize the resources available to provide retail customers with the information they require. Retail customers waiting endless months for scheduling or other updates shouldn't have to prod their Dealers for updates on their orders. A well-managed dealership with qualified staff will be pro-active, anticipate a customer's needs and provide information prior to a customer's request. 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 9:28 AM, F450 said:

DATE FOR YOUR VEHICLE HAS CHANGED.

Dear David 

We have made an adjustment to the production date for your 2022 Super Duty F-450 Platinum.

Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of October 3, 2022. We will continue to keep you informed regarding your vehicle's production status.

☹️?

confirmed date aug 27 2021

Me too 

10 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Pretty good summary of the situation. As I've stated so often, dealership management or mismanagement of the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is a major factor. It takes a lot of time to properly monitor and manage the USOB and unfortunately, there are a lot of unqualified, untrained, inexperienced or lazy and incompetent staff that don't have the time, don't know or can't be bothered to make the effort to utilize the resources available to provide retail customers with the information they require. Retail customers waiting endless months for scheduling or other updates shouldn't have to prod their Dealers for updates on their orders. A well-managed dealership with qualified staff will be pro-active, anticipate a customer's needs and provide information prior to a customer's request. 

I don't know if it is the few or the many but this crap is why dealerships as we know them may follow in the path of the Dodo bird. 

On 4/6/2022 at 4:57 PM, NH_Bulldog said:

Joe,

When you are on the first tracking page, where you enter your VIN, there should be an option to register your email address.  Once you do that, then you can go to the OVISS login page where you can enter your email address and a password.  I hit Forgot password and it sent me a link to create a new one.  Once that is done, you can log in and see every vehicle going to your selected dealer, receive email notifications of pickup and delivery receipts.  My truck was listed as "Inactive Order" while in transit.  When it was unloaded, it went to "pending Pick-up" then to "in Route" when it was on the way to the dealer, and then "Delivered" once it was dropped off and signed for.

Once it has a load number, does that mean it has at least been assigned to a specific car hauling trailer load? Also, I assume that you were not actually able to see the vehicle moving on the map, right??

So truck was built and awaiting shipment as of 8/25, talked with dealer Monday and he sent me a screenshot of VVR with no update. Still haven’t heard anything. Estimated arrival of Sep 16-22. I know that there’s a chance it can get pushed back, but how close will they get until I get an email that it’s pushed back? Got some trips coming up and just hoping it’ll show up for them, I don’t need it but I’d like to have it and take it on the trips. Also wondering why it would sit for so long to get on a train. I know it can take a long time for it to get on a truck, but I would’ve thought the train cars would’ve been a little more organized. Shouldn’t have been so hopeful ?. Anyone else built around that time and waiting to ship?

Sorry for the double post, but just looked at my window sticker now that it’s finally working again. It’s showing that I am CONVOY, however my dealer told me their trucks ship by train up to Ohio then back down towards Baltimore and then hop on a truck. I’m located in central Virginia. It’s also showing me on ramp CA2L. Any of this mean anything? I don’t understand all the numbers on the window sticker. 

3A02FEC4-7C49-4510-95F3-C8FC1C20CFF0.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Alex Kreh said:

Sorry for the double post, but just looked at my window sticker now that it’s finally working again. It’s showing that I am CONVOY, however my dealer told me their trucks ship by train up to Ohio then back down towards Baltimore and then hop on a truck. I’m located in central Virginia. It’s also showing me on ramp CA2L. Any of this mean anything? I don’t understand all the numbers on the window sticker. 

3A02FEC4-7C49-4510-95F3-C8FC1C20CFF0.jpeg

The majority of vehicles get shipped by rail even though it may indicate "Convoy" on the Window Sticker. Your Dealer should know which ramp your vehicle is currently at via the Vehicle Visibility Report. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

The majority of vehicles get shipped by rail even though it may indicate "Convoy" on the Window Sticker. Your Dealer should know which ramp your vehicle is currently at via the Vehicle Visibility Report. 

LOL at crossing out MSRP.  Anyhow at least your trucks on its way and you can see window sticker finally. 

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Oh I see, thank you for the help! Hopefully they load her up soon! 

I hope the convoy truck has a better day than a car hauler did yesterday on our interstate.  Traffic slowed up and a loaded car hauler slammed on the brakes and hit multiple cars which in turn hit multiple cars.  A six year old boy was killed and his mom and sister were critically injured.  It happened in front of my wife.  She is still shaken up.  I believe my car hauler experience for my truck is about 1.5 miles from the rail yard.  They will  probably just drive them over.

3 hours ago, Alex Kreh said:

So truck was built and awaiting shipment as of 8/25, talked with dealer Monday and he sent me a screenshot of VVR with no update. Still haven’t heard anything. Estimated arrival of Sep 16-22. I know that there’s a chance it can get pushed back, but how close will they get until I get an email that it’s pushed back? Got some trips coming up and just hoping it’ll show up for them, I don’t need it but I’d like to have it and take it on the trips. Also wondering why it would sit for so long to get on a train. I know it can take a long time for it to get on a truck, but I would’ve thought the train cars would’ve been a little more organized. Shouldn’t have been so hopeful ?. Anyone else built around that time and waiting to ship?

Mine was built on 8/25 also.  Email from Ford on 8/29 with an estimated 9/12-18 delivery.  On 9/6 I received another email from Ford moving the date to 10/12-18.  Rail shipping has been a mess for quite some time now.  Also, just to throw another wrench into things, there is a possibilty of a rail strike starting around 9/16.  I expect to see my truck around Thanksgiving.....☹️

Edited by PineNut
spelling correction