2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

@ice-capades I don’t think you get enough credit for all of the valuable information you provide to all of us on this forum. Thank you!  My truck arrived at the rail yard but I’m still waiting delivery to the dealership.  Today I was able to lock in my sales price. I was patient and calm, but persistent. I am fortunate to have the  X-plan, but the dealer only wanted to give the X- plan price on the increased window sticker price. I calmly discussed how I understood the price protection process worked, and finally ended up with a sales price nearly the same as the invoice price at the time of order. If I hadn't learn what I did on this forum, I likely would have paid several thousand more.  Additionally, I stopped in see the salesperson about every 2 weeks (after I was scheduled for build) just to shoot the breeze and build a bit of a relationship…..not everyone has this opportunity, but I found it valuable.   Hopefully I will be able to share a photo soon. Wishing good news to everyone else waiting, whatever your status is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2022 at 6:02 PM, sjmcken81 said:

I’d hit refresh on your WS…many times between now and tomorrow AM.

If it keeps showing without your options, you have very little time to get with dealership and Ford Regional to get it fixed…treat it as a three alarm fire if WS doesn’t correct.  That said, if you have a VIN, it may be too late…did you get an Order Summary from your dealership on your order and options?

Sorry I didn’t catch your mentioning ALL options the first time.

If the order is wrong, can’t be corrected, and your truck comes without options you want, take it anyway and reorder a 23, insist it gets moved to front on 23 orders.  Then, either keep it if that’s ok or trade it back when reordered 23 comes in.

Fwiw, 23 Order Bank opens in about a month…make the dealership give you a deal if they screwed it up, and ask for a 22 to 23 PCO.

I’ll be on the phone with dealer as soon as they open.  Probably good I won’t be in town tomorrow incase it’s bad news. 

If my options aren’t in this truck and it’s to late for them to correct it, I’ll absolutely be driving a 22 until they can get my order right on a 23. 

This process has been absolutely awful!!!!

On 9/11/2022 at 6:02 PM, sjmcken81 said:

I’d hit refresh on your WS…many times between now and tomorrow AM.

If it keeps showing without your options, you have very little time to get with dealership and Ford Regional to get it fixed…treat it as a three alarm fire if WS doesn’t correct.  That said, if you have a VIN, it may be too late…did you get an Order Summary from your dealership on your order and options?

Sorry I didn’t catch your mentioning ALL options the first time.

If the order is wrong, can’t be corrected, and your truck comes without options you want, take it anyway and reorder a 23, insist it gets moved to front on 23 orders.  Then, either keep it if that’s ok or trade it back when reordered 23 comes in.

Fwiw, 23 Order Bank opens in about a month…make the dealership give you a deal if they screwed it up, and ask for a 22 to 23 PCO.

20022 F 450 Platinum ordered 4/28/21

So after finally receiving my window sticker on Sunday 9/11/22 and discovering none of my ordered options were on it, and my truck scheduled to be built the week of 9/22, I contacted the dealer on Monday 9/12/22. I was told the General Manager was not in but they would contact him.

That Monday, I was assured the truck was ordered correctly. 

On Tuesday 9/13/22 still no answers and was told the reps were on a plain to Vegas for a conference. 

On Thursday the GM said they were trying to get the Snow plow prep, roof and FX4 added to the build. I asked about all the other options and was told if they get 1 they’ll be able to get them all. 

A glimmer of hope. 

Friday 9/16, my salesman and GM called me and I was told my truck would be built WITHOUT  any of my options, not a single one. 

During that conversation my salesman and the GM send me window stickers for a Platinum and a Limited and told me they could get their hands on one of them for me from a good customer who has them on order. I was also told the trucks are to be built in November. 

My issue amongst many, but for these trucks, the prices are at the new pricing rates, about $4000 more than they were when I ordered. 

Looks like still have to fight to get my / a truck for the prices they were when I ordered.  I think that is only fair, as none of this is my fault. 

Any thoughts? 

2 hours ago, Jfinn said:

20022 F 450 Platinum ordered 4/28/21

So after finally receiving my window sticker on Sunday 9/11/22 and discovering none of my ordered options were on it, and my truck scheduled to be built the week of 9/22, I contacted the dealer on Monday 9/12/22. I was told the General Manager was not in but they would contact him.

That Monday, I was assured the truck was ordered correctly. 

On Tuesday 9/13/22 still no answers and was told the reps were on a plain to Vegas for a conference. 

On Thursday the GM said they were trying to get the Snow plow prep, roof and FX4 added to the build. I asked about all the other options and was told if they get 1 they’ll be able to get them all. 

A glimmer of hope. 

Friday 9/16, my salesman and GM called me and I was told my truck would be built WITHOUT  any of my options, not a single one. 

During that conversation my salesman and the GM send me window stickers for a Platinum and a Limited and told me they could get their hands on one of them for me from a good customer who has them on order. I was also told the trucks are to be built in November. 

My issue amongst many, but for these trucks, the prices are at the new pricing rates, about $4000 more than they were when I ordered. 

Looks like still have to fight to get my / a truck for the prices they were when I ordered.  I think that is only fair, as none of this is my fault. 

Any thoughts? 

First, as you mentioned before, take delivery of the 22 truck, and get dealership to get you a good deal on a correctly ordered 23 truck when the Order Bank opens, since it was their screw up.  Also, have them work with Ford Regional Manager to get you expedited scheduling/Priority.  Then, trade the 22 back when the 23 arrives at above what you paid to make up for the 23 price increases…dealership can likely still get more than msrp for it…get this in writing when new order is made.

As to the other person’s Platinum or Limited orders and being able to get one or the other of them, suggest you ask/engage @akirby and @ice-capades here on whether it’s possible to have either truck order placed in your name when the order person doesn’t take one.  Making it remain a Retail Order, price protected back to his order date, rather than converting to a Stock Order that has no price protection.  And, still take your 22 if it shows up first, until one of those become available later.

Just a couple thoughts.

Good luck ? 

Edited by sjmcken81
Addition

1 hour ago, sjmcken81 said:

First, as you mentioned before, take delivery of the 22 truck, and get dealership to get you a good deal on a correctly ordered 23 truck when the Order Bank opens, since it was their screw up.  Also, have them work with Ford Regional Manager to get you expedited scheduling/Priority.  Then, trade the 22 back when the 23 arrives at above what you paid to make up for the 23 price increases…dealership can likely still get more than msrp for it…get this in writing when new order is made.

As to the other person’s Platinum or Limited orders and being able to get one or the other of them, suggest you ask/engage @akirby and @ice-capades here on whether it’s possible to have either truck order placed in your name when the order person doesn’t take one.  Making it remain a Retail Order, price protected back to his order date, rather than converting to a Stock Order that has no price protection.  And, still take your 22 if it shows up first, until one of those become available later.

Just a couple thoughts.

Good luck ? 

Resell prices on trucks have come down a lot and may continue to drip. Taking a 22 to flip out of into a 23 comes with a fair amount of monetary risk IMO.

• Like 1

Finally got a call from my salesman Friday asking me if I was sitting down.  I got scheduled for 11/21 after a long wait (over a year) from ordering on 8/23/21.

King Ranch Ultimate, FX4,  Star white 2 tone, chrome package, adaptive cruise and steering, 5th wheel prep, spray in liner, 6.7, 3.31 locking, upfittter switches, block heater.

Dealer has assured me I'm protected at about $5k below original MSRP sticker which has gone up about $4-5K since ordering. I wll be getting the truck for about $9K below the current sticker price.

What is the saying "all things come to those who wait and wait and wait and wait"

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Harrisden54 said:

Finally got a call from my salesman Friday asking me if I was sitting down.  I got scheduled for 11/21 after a long wait (over a year) from ordering on 8/23/21.

King Ranch Ultimate, FX4,  Star white 2 tone, chrome package, adaptive cruise and steering, 5th wheel prep, spray in liner, 6.7, 3.31 locking, upfittter switches, block heater.

Dealer has assured me I'm protected at about $5k below original MSRP sticker which has gone up about $4-5K since ordering. I wll be getting the truck for about $9K below the current sticker price.

What is the saying "all things come to those who wait and wait and wait and wait"

Congratulations ??????

• Like 1

Hello everyone. I was hoping to gain as much info as possible, regarding my situation. In July of 2021 I ordered a 22 super duty. Attached is the purchase order. Since may of this year I’ve had the 5th whee prep removed. About a month ago, I called Ford Customer Service and pretended to be a salesperson at the dealership I ordered from. I managed to lie, and get the contact information for several corporate and regional reps who service the north east. One of the corporate people I was able to reach, (shall remain nameless and confidential), has managed to put an

email thread together with factory managers, schedulers, and upper management in Dearborn. This person is claiming that they are doing everything they can to get my vehicle scheduled, and seemingly trying their best to facilitate and move my 15 month old order along. My question for anyone who might be internal, and might have better answers or suggestions: is it even possible for this vehicle to be manufactured this year, when the 22 order bank was already closed and the production of super duty’s is on the brink Of balancing out? Is it likely that this order will turn into a 23? Does this have anything to do with the dealerships possible lack of allocation?  Also, the corporate rep currently helping me re-added the 5th wheel

prep, and “confirmed” it would not be a commodity issue. Thanks

D7B1E279-2941-4DEE-9990-CB15D2B2D248.jpeg

7342A5AE-93FE-4DB5-8E0B-AD55C7F7ED8E.png

28 minutes ago, esblount said:

Update: I got a VIN this morning - LOL. 

to my next question, how long after receiving a VIN does the order tracking system show scheduling, window sticker, etc.? 

I can't help you with the order tracking system as I never look at it. The Window Stickers are usually created 1-7 days prior to actual vehicle production.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, esblount said:

Update: I got a VIN this morning - LOL. 

to my next question, how long after receiving a VIN does the order tracking system show scheduling, window sticker, etc.? 

Good for you.  Assuming it was your actions that got you a VIN, it really is sad that Ford still hasn't been able to properly adjust their systems to deal with the situation.  Ford relies too much on the dealers ... many that seem to be lazy, incompetent, greedy, or some combination.

5 hours ago, rudy777 said:

Still waiting for a Delivery Date, Ship Date, Built Date, Production Week Date, and a VIN. Ordered and confirmed 3/31/21 !

Good lord! What does your dealer say?

I was about to 1up you saying my order hasn’t been scheduled since confirming 3/8/22… then I saw the year on yours and realized you’ve got me smoked hahaha 

10 hours ago, le engineer said:

Good lord! What does your dealer say?

I was about to 1up you saying my order hasn’t been scheduled since confirming 3/8/22… then I saw the year on yours and realized you’ve got me smoked hahaha 

Dealer says holdup is rapid red. After seeing the latest scheduling for the end of Nov and knowing that 2022's will only be built for a couple of weeks after that I have given up on a 2022. If I couldn't get a VIN for 17+ months, I doubt that I can get one on the next month and have the truck built the way I want it.

1 hour ago, rudy777 said:

Dealer says holdup is rapid red. After seeing the latest scheduling for the end of Nov and knowing that 2022's will only be built for a couple of weeks after that I have given up on a 2022. If I couldn't get a VIN for 17+ months, I doubt that I can get one on the next month and have the truck built the way I want it.

The only commodity restraint I can find listed anywhere for Rapid Red is for the F-450/F-550 XLT Reg Chassis Cab 4x2 configuration built at the Ohio plant.

@ice-capades

Thank you for your reply last week, I apologize for the late response, tons of great information and exactly how I figured there was much more to it than I knew. Thought this picture was interesting and since I have to see it so do y’all ?. Also weird that my delivery estimation is 9/16-9/22 and I don’t believe I’ve even been put on a rail at but I also haven’t gotten a pushback email. I know there’s no way it will be here by then but wonder when I’ll get my email ??‍♂️

57D5578C-5395-4171-A511-7A76DB07EC38.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rudy777 said:

As fate would have it, I finally got scheduled today. I half expected this email to be Ford giving me a cookie cutter apology that my order won’t get built. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this was the long awaited scheduling email. I hope you get good news soon! God knows you’ve waited long enough!

2022 F-250 Lariat Ultimate 6.7 CCSB 4x4

- No 5WP, AS, bed liner, wheel well liners, etc

Order confirmed 3/8/22

Unscheduled clean from day 1

Bumped to Priority 02 around the 5 month mark

Scheduled email received 9/20/22

Expected production week 11/28/22

Ok ? I ordered February 18th 2022

I received my build date today! Week of November 28th, Made my Day!

Maybe end up being a 2023?? I have no idea? But it’s great to be In the queue!

pumped!! 
fyi it was ordered with spray in bed liner part of the black package and lots of other bells and whistles. Window sticker is unavailable at this time so I’ll see what I missing later I guess?

287ADD8B-904E-4BC2-A0AC-6335E138FF60.png

FC8EF2B0-CCF4-461D-8574-20F33EA61312.png

35 minutes ago, gotodd12 said:

Ok ? I ordered February 18th 2022

I received my build date today! Week of November 28th, Made my Day!

Maybe end up being a 2023?? I have no idea? But it’s great to be In the queue!

pumped!! 
fyi it was ordered with spray in bed liner part of the black package and lots of other bells and whistles. Window sticker is unavailable at this time so I’ll see what I missing later I guess?

287ADD8B-904E-4BC2-A0AC-6335E138FF60.png

FC8EF2B0-CCF4-461D-8574-20F33EA61312.png

I think the window sticker doesn’t show up until closer to production. Nice build!

The saga continues....  My truck has been built and released for shipment and the first arrival date has passed but I got an email from Ford that still had the bogus dates in it.  For a brief moment I thought that a FEDEX freighter was going to deliver my truck to get it here by the estimated delivery date.  Not so.  The estimated delivery date has been pushed back another week but with no rail car number, I think this new date range is bogus also.

I saw a nice ad on TV today about the 182,000 Ford employees that are working hard to bring a quality product to their customers.  It spoke well of the company.  Now if a few people can get my truck on a rail car, my "complete satisfaction" would come earlier..