Jump to content

The Ford Order Tracking System Is No Longer Available.  THANKS Cyberdman For Making Available All Of These Past Years.  More Here.

mrmallerd

2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Recommended Posts

Good news for me!!  My truck came in this afternoon on the train.  I suspect it will be unloaded next week and moved to the dealer a mile and a half away.  Ordertrack never showed any transport information so I contacted my salesman and he told me it was in Illinois and he gave me the car # on 9/22.  Over the past two days I followed it using the CSX phone number through Nebraska, Wyoming, and into Utah.  The CSX tracker worked really well.  The UPRR tracker, not so well.

 

My first delivery date was 9/12-9/19 and then was moved to 10/13-10/20 and then was moved forward to 9/26-10/2 so the estimated delivery dates do change as things get shipped.  Now to navigate through the dealer fee maze.  It is my understanding that Dealer Prep has been paid by Ford to the dealer.  All I should owe them beyond the X-plan invoice is a $100 doc fee, a $275 X-plan fee, and a whole pile of sales tax.  Am I missing something here?  Thanks to all for the support in the past 7 months.  I will continue to "lurk" here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, UT_Grandpa said:

My first delivery date was 9/12-9/19 and then was moved to 10/13-10/20 and then was moved forward to 9/26-10/2 so the estimated delivery dates do change as things get shipped.  Now to navigate through the dealer fee maze.  It is my understanding that Dealer Prep has been paid by Ford to the dealer.  All I should owe them beyond the X-plan invoice is a $100 doc fee, a $275 X-plan fee, and a whole pile of sales tax.  Am I missing something here?  Thanks to all for the support in the past 7 months.  I will continue to "lurk" here.

 

The PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) a/k/a Dealer Prep is part of the vehicle cost and included in the vehicle invoice. The fee is paid by Ford directly to the Dealer that ordered the vehicle, regardless of what Dealer does the actual vehicle delivery to the customer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, UT_Grandpa said:

Good news for me!!  My truck came in this afternoon on the train.  I suspect it will be unloaded next week and moved to the dealer a mile and a half away.  Ordertrack never showed any transport information so I contacted my salesman and he told me it was in Illinois and he gave me the car # on 9/22.  Over the past two days I followed it using the CSX phone number through Nebraska, Wyoming, and into Utah.  The CSX tracker worked really well.  The UPRR tracker, not so well.

 

My first delivery date was 9/12-9/19 and then was moved to 10/13-10/20 and then was moved forward to 9/26-10/2 so the estimated delivery dates do change as things get shipped.  Now to navigate through the dealer fee maze.  It is my understanding that Dealer Prep has been paid by Ford to the dealer.  All I should owe them beyond the X-plan invoice is a $100 doc fee, a $275 X-plan fee, and a whole pile of sales tax.  Am I missing something here?  Thanks to all for the support in the past 7 months.  I will continue to "lurk" here.

 $275 X-plan fee?? I've never heard of an X-plan fee.  Sounds like dealer add-on BullS@#t!.  I would insist on that being removed from the final deal. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danover321 said:

 $275 X-plan fee?? I've never heard of an X-plan fee.  Sounds like dealer add-on BullS@#t!.  I would insist on that being removed from the final deal. 

 

 

Ford AXZD Plans Program Rules

 

Document Fees

  • Dealers will be permitted to assess up to $75 in documentary fees on each A/Z-Plan delivery and up to $100 in documentary fees on each X-Plan and D-Plan delivery to an eligible purchaser under the terms of the plan unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation. Each dealer is responsible for complying with applicable laws or regulations.
  • Unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulations: In states where dealers are not permitted to charge as much as $75 for A/Z-Plan doc fees or $100 for X-Plan and D-Plan doc fees, dealers would be capped at the lesser amount as provided by the state. In states that permitted more than $75 or $100, dealers would be permitted to charge the AZ-Plan customer $75 and the X-Plan or D-Plan customer $100. In states that permitted more than $75 or $100 and also required that all customers be charged the same amount, dealers may charge the A/Z-Plan customer $75 and the X-Plan or D-Plan customer $100 and indicate any additional fees have been paid by Ford Motor Company as part of the AXZD-Plan Program dealer reimbursement on the buyer's order.
  • Document Fee Charges should be detailed on the most current AXZD Plan Pricing Agreement, page two, Section 4.
     

Other Fees

  • Dealerships may not charge a dealer trade fee or any other additional transportation costs to the customer.
  • Dealerships may not charge vehicle preparation fees.
  • Actual fees charged by states or local municipalities that are passed through to the customer are not required to be included in the $75/$100 Documentation Fee limit. In addition, if a dealership offers electronic titling/registering through a third party and the Plan customer opts in, the dealership may charge the customer the actual fee charged by the third party. Any dealer mark-up will be included in the $75/$100 Documentation Fee limit. In the event of an audit, dealers must prove that all fees meet these criteria.

X-Plan
Ford

  • Dealer Invoice - (0.4% * Dealer Invoice) + Administration Fee*
    • *$275 Administration Fee for 2010MY and later vehicles.

NOTE: The $275 Administration Fee is included in the X Plan price on the vehicle invoice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

 

Ford AXZD Plans Program Rules

 

Document Fees

  • Dealers will be permitted to assess up to $75 in documentary fees on each A/Z-Plan delivery and up to $100 in documentary fees on each X-Plan and D-Plan delivery to an eligible purchaser under the terms of the plan unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation. Each dealer is responsible for complying with applicable laws or regulations.
  • Unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulations: In states where dealers are not permitted to charge as much as $75 for A/Z-Plan doc fees or $100 for X-Plan and D-Plan doc fees, dealers would be capped at the lesser amount as provided by the state. In states that permitted more than $75 or $100, dealers would be permitted to charge the AZ-Plan customer $75 and the X-Plan or D-Plan customer $100. In states that permitted more than $75 or $100 and also required that all customers be charged the same amount, dealers may charge the A/Z-Plan customer $75 and the X-Plan or D-Plan customer $100 and indicate any additional fees have been paid by Ford Motor Company as part of the AXZD-Plan Program dealer reimbursement on the buyer's order.
  • Document Fee Charges should be detailed on the most current AXZD Plan Pricing Agreement, page two, Section 4.
     

Other Fees

  • Dealerships may not charge a dealer trade fee or any other additional transportation costs to the customer.
  • Dealerships may not charge vehicle preparation fees.
  • Actual fees charged by states or local municipalities that are passed through to the customer are not required to be included in the $75/$100 Documentation Fee limit. In addition, if a dealership offers electronic titling/registering through a third party and the Plan customer opts in, the dealership may charge the customer the actual fee charged by the third party. Any dealer mark-up will be included in the $75/$100 Documentation Fee limit. In the event of an audit, dealers must prove that all fees meet these criteria.

X-Plan
Ford

  • Dealer Invoice - (0.4% * Dealer Invoice) + Administration Fee*
    • *$275 Administration Fee for 2010MY and later vehicles.

NOTE: The $275 Administration Fee is included in the X Plan price on the vehicle invoice.

 

His post inferred he was paying $275, in addition to the X-plan price which includes the $275. 

Edited by Danover321

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Danover321 said:

 

His post inferred he was paying $275, in addition to the X-plan price. 


Which is wrong as the rules show that the $275 fee is already included in the x plan price.  Either the dealer is misinterpreting the plan rules or it’s a blatant rip-off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, akirby said:


Which is wrong as the rules show that the $275 fee is already included in the x plan price.  Either the dealer is misinterpreting the plan rules or it’s a blatant rip-off.

 

Could be a misunderstanding and the dealer didn't tell him the way you're interpreting it.  So let's just have him double check.  :)

 

@UT_Grandpa, let's just double check what you meant here.  Do you know that the paperwork that shows the X-Plan price (invoice, preview order report from WBDO when you ordered it, etc.) already includes the $275 program admin fee?  Just double check on the paperwork in the finance office that there's no separate $275 fee; the listed price already includes that.  Otherwise, the dealer is double-charging you there.

 

So, you should be paying that listed X-Plan price, doc fee no more than $100 (the dealer doesn't have to charge it unless state law requires it, but of course most do anyway), anything you've authorized the dealer to add to the vehicle, and TTL.  Nowhere on the paperwork should there be a separate $275 line item.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My bad - I misread.   Sounds like he was just anticipating that not that the dealer was charging it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2022 at 5:29 PM, HOU-TX-TREMOR said:

The wait is finally over. F350 Lariat Tremor 7.3 and 4.306B22C7E8-A31C-4D83-9CCB-039BBDDB3E62.thumb.jpeg.51258f68fad1a9a358c7bc078d749de9.jpeg

Congrats! Enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, akirby said:

My bad - I misread.   Sounds like he was just anticipating that not that the dealer was charging it.

Exactly as above.  I have not seen a final invoice/contract but I am on the lookout for ADP (Additional Dealer Profit) which a double bill for the X-plan admin fee would be.  Thanks to all for clarifying this for me.  No I wonder if the Blue Oval will be missing from my truck?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week of Oct 3 build date 

No Ws or change of date yet 

praying to the truck gods

after over a year waiting 🫣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got off the phone with my dealership. He said that the vehicle visibility report online is now down. They think it is because they are switching over to the 23s.  No news on why mine is the only truck they are waiting for. One year anniversary is next week and no vin or communication from Ford. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, mitime said:

Just got off the phone with my dealership. He said that the vehicle visibility report online is now down. They think it is because they are switching over to the 23s.  No news on why mine is the only truck they are waiting for. One year anniversary is next week and no vin or communication from Ford. 

I wouldn't get overly excited about the VVR being down.  Systems go down all the time for a multitude of reasons.  I certainly wouldn't put it down to switching over to MY23.  The Super Duty order bank won't open for another couple of weeks.  Regardless of that fact, the VVR would have to be designed to handle the fact that at the end of any model year, some vehicles would still be in the production/delivery process while orders for new MY vehicles are being taken.  In fact, aren't some models (i.e. other than SD) already open for orders?  

 

Seems like a random IT glitch...try again in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mitime said:

Just got off the phone with my dealership. He said that the vehicle visibility report online is now down. They think it is because they are switching over to the 23s.  No news on why mine is the only truck they are waiting for. One year anniversary is next week and no vin or communication from Ford. 

 

The Vehicle Visibility system is not down, at least now. Even so, I'd have trouble remembering it ever being down. As for your Dealer thinking it's because Ford is switching over to the 2023's? That's total BS! The vehicle is not dependent on any Model Year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You seem to know a lot about ford and their systems. I have been working with the owner of the dealership for sometime now. They have tried everything to find out why my truck has not been assigned a vin. They have gone up the food chain as far as they can. Infact the dealership’s ford rep was let go last week by ford. When the owner of the dealership can’t get info there’s something wrong elsewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep 

just got email they changed my build date again 

I was within a week of production I thought it was a good sign of getting built

nope now Oct 10 week

🤬🤬🤬

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, F450 said:

Yep 

just got email they changed my build date again 

I was within a week of production I thought it was a good sign of getting built

nope now Oct 10 week

🤬🤬🤬

 

Just got email also.  Nov 7 is now my new date.   Glad I got a Vin but tired of Fords Bullshit!

Edited by RFT2112

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RFT2112 said:

Just got email also.  Nov 7 is now my new date.   Glad I got a Vin but tired of Fords Bullshit!

Mine went from 9/29 to 10/3 and then to 9/19. And just got the email yesterday that it was built with a 10/15-10/21 delivery date

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Production 9/23, Modules populated on 23rd as well.   I have the bed liner and Tonneau cover, both of which I know go off site to be done.   Anyone have one built recently and have an idea on how long that process will take?   Ive seen roughly 3 weeks, was curious if anyone had any other information. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Andrew9 said:

In Production 9/23, Modules populated on 23rd as well.   I have the bed liner and Tonneau cover, both of which I know go off site to be done.   Anyone have one built recently and have an idea on how long that process will take?   Ive seen roughly 3 weeks, was curious if anyone had any other information.

 

Seems to be incredibly inconsistent. I’ve seen trucks in production then built in a matter of days. I’ve been in production with modules populated for 34ish days now. No built date or updates of any kind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andrew9 said:

In Production 9/23, Modules populated on 23rd as well.   I have the bed liner and Tonneau cover, both of which I know go off site to be done.   Anyone have one built recently and have an idea on how long that process will take?   Ive seen roughly 3 weeks, was curious if anyone had any other information. 

Mine has been in production since 9/12, now showing sent off site, micro-chip at plant on hold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone, new guy here, but after reading over everyone's comments and feedback I decided I was going to join up as I am wondering what is my chances that they won't end up building my truck (f450 platinum). I ordered it back on February 16th, and it still has no vin and hasn't moved from the original status that I am in, so just curious on what you all think my chances are that it ends up getting built or I end up getting moved to 2023. Also on that note, my dealer told me he doesn't think in 2023 they will build anything higher than an XLT, so curious if you all have heard anything differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rgarrison3 said:

Hey everyone, new guy here, but after reading over everyone's comments and feedback I decided I was going to join up as I am wondering what is my chances that they won't end up building my truck (f450 platinum). I ordered it back on February 16th, and it still has no vin and hasn't moved from the original status that I am in, so just curious on what you all think my chances are that it ends up getting built or I end up getting moved to 2023. Also on that note, my dealer told me he doesn't think in 2023 they will build anything higher than an XLT, so curious if you all have heard anything differently.


Without knowing anything about the 2023 orders or details,  except what I have seen of the new models (platinums included)  on you tube I’m going to say your dealer is full of shit!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rgarrison3 said:

Hey everyone, new guy here, but after reading over everyone's comments and feedback I decided I was going to join up as I am wondering what is my chances that they won't end up building my truck (f450 platinum). I ordered it back on February 16th, and it still has no vin and hasn't moved from the original status that I am in, so just curious on what you all think my chances are that it ends up getting built or I end up getting moved to 2023. Also on that note, my dealer told me he doesn't think in 2023 they will build anything higher than an XLT, so curious if you all have heard anything differently.


I’d add to RFT2112,

 

If you don’t get scheduled this week with a VIN, then get with your dealership with an Order Sheet and order a 23 when Order Bank opens…else, you’re not getting built as a 22my, they’re already scheduling into December, then Holiday break happens.

 

My $.02.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your truck was scheduled for production and you have a VIN but no other information of truck, I ran on this Youtube video of where it might be:  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×