2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, le engineer said:

Do they shut down the week before Christmas? If not, there should be three weeks of production availability in December. 

Ford plants are down between the Christmas and New Year's holidays, but I don't know the exact dates for this year. The newly revised FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) report that usually provides plant down time information is not including that information so far. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TXRoadRunner said:

Previous posts on this forum state Ford will cease 22MY super duty production on 17 December and start 23MY production on 3 Jan.  

2022MY Super Duty production is scheduled to balance out on 12/21/2022 at the Kentucky Truck Plant (KTP) per the latest FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin). The Job #1 Date for 2023MY Super Duty production at KTP is 01/03/2023. USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) information, including scheduling and production timelines, are available at the 2023 Super Duty Production Information forum.

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74010-2023-super-duty-production-information/

If ford told me that I need to wait for 14-15 months to get my truck 

I would have not ordered it

but instead they keep extending dates so they don’t loose the sale

And every month I just keep hopping it’s my time 

for production

?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F450 said:

If ford told me that I need to wait for 14-15 months to get my truck 

I would have not ordered it

but instead they keep extending dates so they don’t loose the sale

And every month I just keep hopping it’s my time 

for production

?

Ford doesn’t know how long it will take to build your vehicle.  A lot of that depends on your dealer’s order bank and your priority.  And unexpected supply chain issues.  

• Like 1

rsz_1rsz_1img_0241_bdb16d8f65e3e3b8e31cd
Hello everyone, I took delivery of my truck on Saturday, everything cleaned up well, however, the door/hood gaps will need to be addressed. This is an ongoing problem at KTP, during assembly. My timeline is as follows:

Ordered 01/25
Scheduled 05/14
Built 06/21
Released for shipping 06/23
Sat idle no holds, Shelbyville, KY Ramp 8P 06/23-09/10 (79 Days)
Arrived Kansas City NS Voltz yard Ramp CA6P 09/15
Arrived dealership 10/05 (20 days from ramp arrival)
Accepted vehicle 10/08. (256 days from order to delivery)

Good luck to everyone, I know this process has been frustrating for many members.

Edited by Danover321
  • Like 3

Well folks, the truck in in MY driveway just two weeks short of eight months from order.  It took as long to get from Kentucky to Salt Lake City, Utah as it did to go the final mile and a half to the dealer.  Makes no sense other than there is a shortage of car haulers and trucks to get the job done.  My salesman said they have received permission from Ford in a few cases to go to the rail yard and drive them back to the dealer.  The truck is better than I imagined.  We got to drive it two days before we closed.  Put a whole two miles on it.

Sales close was super easy.  I reminded them that the truck was ordered before two price increases so they calculated it initially on the current MSRP, not the one last February.  Then they forgot to credit my $2000 down payment.  Easy fix.  No upsales or add-ons.  No advertising fees or fees of any kind.  Just the $5000 of state sales tax (no surprise but ouch).  The truck was sparkly clean and had a full tank of gas.  The sales person walked me out to the truck and we activated the Ford Pass and ran through the most common switches, settings, etc.

We started putting miles on it to get to the 1000 miles recommended for towing and this truck will not make the hunting seasons this year.  I think a son is going to take my 1999 Dodge Ram Cummins truck (I hope he does as there is mothing wrong with it).  My driveway looks like a RV, Marine, and car lot right now.  I have spent some time watching the YouTube videos on the Synch 4 system but so much to learn.  Next steps are a BedRug box liner (look into it - I have had one for 23 years in my Dodge), a Renegade bed cover (also recommend this), some floor mats that will catch the mud, some towing soft shackles, and then start moving stuff from the Dodge over to the new truck.

I had a concern that the spare was on an 18" wheel and the rolling stock has 20" wheels.  The 18" wheel is a taller tire and makes up for the smaller wheel BUT it doesn't have the same load carrying capacity.  I am not worried.  I haven't had to change a tire yet on my Dodge.

Here are two quick pictures I took.  Hang in there folks.  You will know very soon if your truck will be built this year.  

P1060572.JPG

P1060573.JPG

• Like 2

5 hours ago, UT_Grandpa said:

We started putting miles on it to get to the 1000 miles recommended for towing and this truck will not make the hunting seasons this year. 

I have these trucks to work and I have never worried about "break in".  Pretty sure no fleet on the planet waits.   When we got our 2021 7.3 550's they were towing 14K on day one with less than a couple hundred miles.  My personal truck started towing at 31 miles.  Do what you want but in the real world these trucks go to work as soon as they are put into service.  Who has time and fuel to waste...I have work to do. 

6 hours ago, UT_Grandpa said:

Well folks, the truck in in MY driveway just two weeks short of eight months from order.  It took as long to get from Kentucky to Salt Lake City, Utah as it did to go the final mile and a half to the dealer.  Makes no sense other than there is a shortage of car haulers and trucks to get the job done.  My salesman said they have received permission from Ford in a few cases to go to the rail yard and drive them back to the dealer.  The truck is better than I imagined.  We got to drive it two days before we closed.  Put a whole two miles on it.

Sales close was super easy.  I reminded them that the truck was ordered before two price increases so they calculated it initially on the current MSRP, not the one last February.  Then they forgot to credit my $2000 down payment.  Easy fix.  No upsales or add-ons.  No advertising fees or fees of any kind.  Just the $5000 of state sales tax (no surprise but ouch).  The truck was sparkly clean and had a full tank of gas.  The sales person walked me out to the truck and we activated the Ford Pass and ran through the most common switches, settings, etc.

We started putting miles on it to get to the 1000 miles recommended for towing and this truck will not make the hunting seasons this year.  I think a son is going to take my 1999 Dodge Ram Cummins truck (I hope he does as there is mothing wrong with it).  My driveway looks like a RV, Marine, and car lot right now.  I have spent some time watching the YouTube videos on the Synch 4 system but so much to learn.  Next steps are a BedRug box liner (look into it - I have had one for 23 years in my Dodge), a Renegade bed cover (also recommend this), some floor mats that will catch the mud, some towing soft shackles, and then start moving stuff from the Dodge over to the new truck.

I had a concern that the spare was on an 18" wheel and the rolling stock has 20" wheels.  The 18" wheel is a taller tire and makes up for the smaller wheel BUT it doesn't have the same load carrying capacity.  I am not worried.  I haven't had to change a tire yet on my Dodge.

Here are two quick pictures I took.  Hang in there folks.  You will know very soon if your truck will be built this year.  

P1060572.JPG

P1060573.JPG

Very nice truck.. Congrats!!

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 7:27 AM, Danover321 said:

rsz_1rsz_1img_0241_bdb16d8f65e3e3b8e31cd
Hello everyone, I took delivery of my truck on Saturday, everything cleaned up well, however, the door/hood gaps will need to be addressed. This is an ongoing problem at KTP, during assembly. My timeline is as follows:

Ordered 01/25
Scheduled 05/14
Built 06/21
Released for shipping 06/23
Sat idle no holds, Shelbyville, KY Ramp 8P 06/23-09/10 (79 Days)
Arrived Kansas City NS Voltz yard Ramp CA6P 09/15
Arrived dealership 10/05 (20 days from ramp arrival)
Accepted vehicle 10/08. (256 days from order to delivery)

Good luck to everyone, I know this process has been frustrating for many members.

Very nice!  Is that the Antimatter Blue?  

45 minutes ago, F450 said:

Thanks

can it be added after I take delivery 

No... per the information below posted in the 2022 F-Series Super Duty Production Information forum. https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70356-2022-f-series-super-duty-production-information/&page=11 

INFORMATION
Product Offering Change: 2022MY Super Duty - Advanced Security Pack

ACTION REQUESTED

• Due to the global semiconductor shortage, customers taking delivery of 2022MY Super Duty trucks including Advanced Security Pack must be informed that certain 2022MY Super Duty trucks are not equipped with the Advanced Security Pack, which provides vehicle inclination / intrusion sensors, as the feature is not available. Affected trucks remain equipped with Perimeter Alarm and SecuriLock® Passive Anti-Theft System.
  • Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of affected vehicles has been reduced by $50. This adjustment will be reflected on the window label.
  • Customer must sign the attached Acknowledgment Form with the understanding that the feature has been removed, is not functional, and they will not be charged for it. Copy of the signed Acknowledgment Form must be included in the deal jacket.

SUMMARY
While the automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages, Ford is working diligently to ensure our vehicles are delivered to dealers and customers as quickly as possible. These shortages impact a wide variety of components used to manufacture our products. Therefore, Ford will be making the following product offering changes to 2022MY Super Duty vehicles in an effort to help customers receive their vehicles sooner.

• Certain 2022MY Super Duty trucks will be equipped with Advanced Security Pack Inclination / Intrusion Sensor Removal (76D). Trucks with the removal option remain equipped with Perimeter Alarm and SecuriLock® Passive Anti-Theft System.
  • Existing 2022MY Super Duty XL with Power Equipment Group, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited orders that have not been built will have option code 76D added to the order on September 30, 2022.
  • Option code 76D will be required on new 2022MY Super Duty XL with Power Equipment Group, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited orders through the remainder of the model year.
  • Affected vehicles will not be eligible for a retrofit to add Inclination / Intrusion Sensors at a later date.
  • The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of affected vehicles equipped with option code 76D has been reduced by $50. This adjustment will be reflected on the window label.
  • Customer must sign the attached Acknowledgment Form with the understanding that the feature has been removed, is not functional, and they will not be charged for it. Copy of the signed Acknowledgment Form must be included in the deal jacket.
Edited by ice-capades
Typo

So my truck can be stolen by just towing it now and smashing into it while parked 

just don’t open doors

would be nice to be able to buy parts later

and thanks for all the info 

Ice capades it’s help me get through 14 months so far?

?

Edited by F450

44 minutes ago, akirby said:

What car thief has a tow truck that can tow a F450?

Actually, here's an article (Thieves stealing tow trucks in Conn. to hold stolen cars) in last week's New Haven Register at https://www.nhregister.com/news/article/Connecticut-tow-truck-thefts-Manchester-Suffield-17490676.php

New Haven Register_2022-10-07_Thieves Stealing Tow Trucks.pdf

Edited by ice-capades

Saw this morning that my truck was built yesterday!!! Now the wait for shipping… but one step closer!

2/4 order confirmed

8/18 scheduled for week of 9/26

8/22 bumped to week of 10/3

10/3 window sticker available

10/4 bumped to week of 10/10

10/11 built!

350 Long Bed KRU

Star White

hopefully it will be headed to TX in time for Christmas ☺️ (That’s called managing expectations-under promise, over deliver!!)