2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Yesterday I received the golden text, my truck was delivered to the dealer.  Took just shy of 9 months.  'Only' took 21 days from shipping notice to get to the west coast and then catch a truck to Reno.  Our salesman has booked an appointment on Friday to get the bed liner sprayed.  Of course we have a commitment this weekend so picking it up will wait until sometime next week when the salesman and I can coordinate schedules.

F450 stqted:

Looks like less people on this topic now that 22s are almost done 

or they have received there trucks  or gave up

iam hopping before 23 that I receive my 22 ?

I too have noticed fewer folks on this forum and agree with your assessment.  The sales manager at my dealership south of Austin TX received an email from the regional manager which indicates Ford  is assessing their super duty production capacity between now and 22 December.  Thus the reason they have not selected any super duties for production for three weeks.  My order for an F250 King Ranch Ultimate was confirmed on 5 Jan 2022.  I fully expect I will be bumped to a 2023 F250.  Those built in steps will be handy.

10 hours ago, F450 said:

Looks like less people on this topic now that 22s are almost done 

or they have received there trucks  or gave up

iam hopping before 23 that I receive my 22 ?

I agree, but I also think once the 23 order banks open there will be an increase in participation. The real increase will come when they start building them in January.

9 hours ago, PineNut said:

Yesterday I received the golden text, my truck was delivered to the dealer.  Took just shy of 9 months.  'Only' took 21 days from shipping notice to get to the west coast and then catch a truck to Reno.  Our salesman has booked an appointment on Friday to get the bed liner sprayed.  Of course we have a commitment this weekend so picking it up will wait until sometime next week when the salesman and I can coordinate schedules.

Congrats! I hope the shipping delays many experienced will be resolved since it’s the end of the year, and they need to prep for the new vehicle shipping. This may just be pipe dream. Lol. 
Don’t forget to show pics when you pick her up!

On 10/12/2022 at 7:14 AM, scubaB said:

Saw this morning that my truck was built yesterday!!! Now the wait for shipping… but one step closer!

2/4 order confirmed

8/18 scheduled for week of 9/26

8/22 bumped to week of 10/3

10/3 window sticker available

10/4 bumped to week of 10/10

10/11 built!

350 Long Bed KRU

Star White

hopefully it will be headed to TX in time for Christmas ☺️ (That’s called managing expectations-under promise, over deliver!!)

Congrats on the build! 
My order is a KRU and was confirmed in February as well. My build date isn’t until Nov 14, so I’m interested in hearing how long it takes to get your truck. I’m in Texas too, so you’ll be a good gauge for me. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Diesel Dude said:

Congrats on the build! 
My order is a KRU and was confirmed in February as well. My build date isn’t until Nov 14, so I’m interested in hearing how long it takes to get your truck. I’m in Texas too, so you’ll be a good gauge for me. 

Mine is a F350 KRU and I am in southwest Louisiana.  Sticker shows convoy ramp CA22.  Been built since Sept 30, still awaiting shipment 

• Like 1

Ok so my delivery date by Convoy was Oct 6-12. Well of course that didn't happen. I called Ford customer service, They were no help as usual, so I reached out to my Ford Liaison who emailed me back saying new dates are 13- 19. No email from Ford. Dealer shows it still waiting. So my question is do they ship on Saturday any or will i look forward to monday disappointment again lol

2 hours ago, jreddman said:

Ok so my delivery date by Convoy was Oct 6-12. Well of course that didn't happen. I called Ford customer service, They were no help as usual, so I reached out to my Ford Liaison who emailed me back saying new dates are 13- 19. No email from Ford. Dealer shows it still waiting. So my question is do they ship on Saturday any or will i look forward to monday disappointment again lol

Nobody, especially Ford, knows exactly when it will be delivered.  First it has to go by train and trains are unpredictable.  Then it waits for a truck which can be a day or a few weeks depending on the local distributor and what else is ready for each dealer.

F250 platinum ordered 12/1/2021. Not scheduled. Dealer indicates ford should provide information on final scheduled builds before the 23 order bank opens. I'm not so sure. Question is, do I order a 23 on day 1 to avoid further delays and unknowns of how unbuilt 22s are handled or should I get some information in the next few days to prevent a double order? I know ordering a 2nd only adds to the problem, but I don't want to be further back in line if folks can order a 23 before I might get converted.

11 hours ago, akirby said:

Nobody, especially Ford, knows exactly when it will be delivered.  First it has to go by train and trains are unpredictable.  Then it waits for a truck which can be a day or a few weeks depending on the local distributor and what else is ready for each dealer.

Mine isn’t going by train. I’m only 3 hours from plant. It’s coming convoy. Maybe someday lol

Just got my VIN and a build week of 11/14. If I'm lucky on the build and delivery, the Order-to-Delivery will be only 20 months if I can get delivery by the end of Nov. More than likely in 2023.

2022 F350 CCLB 6.7 Lariat Ultimate, Rapid Red, adaptive cruise, adaptive steering, ultimate tow, black pkg, upfitter sw, and a few other misc things

2 hours ago, rudy777 said:

Just got my VIN and a build week of 11/14. If I'm lucky on the build and delivery, the Order-to-Delivery will be only 20 months if I can get delivery by the end of Nov. More than likely in 2023.

2022 F350 CCLB 6.7 Lariat Ultimate, Rapid Red, adaptive cruise, adaptive steering, ultimate tow, black pkg, upfitter sw, and a few other misc things

Im scheduled for 10/30 and hoping I can get it before 2023 or at least my anniversary order date of 12/8/21.    

5 hours ago, rudy777 said:

That a lot of options that had trouble getting scheduled/built.

On 10/14/2022 at 9:05 PM, Pugnmat said:

F250 platinum ordered 12/1/2021. Not scheduled. Dealer indicates ford should provide information on final scheduled builds before the 23 order bank opens. I'm not so sure. Question is, do I order a 23 on day 1 to avoid further delays and unknowns of how unbuilt 22s are handled or should I get some information in the next few days to prevent a double order? I know ordering a 2nd only adds to the problem, but I don't want to be further back in line if folks can order a 23 before I might get converted.

I Ordered on 12/6/2021 (F350 KR) and was wondering what Ford was going to do.  Since they balanced out the Maverick line before the Super Duties, I started tracking that forum. If you jump over to the Maverick forum there is some good info on how they handled 22 Maverick orders that did not get scheduled. They may not handle the Super Duties the exact same way but it gives you an idea of the thought  process. I have since been scheduled for the week of 11/21, good luck!!!

Edited by Nutz

2 hours ago, George C said:

I trade every 4 years. I’m on the allocation list to get my order in on the 27th. I’m sure by the time the new truck gets here, my 2020 will be 4 years old. 

I've got a '22 order that hasn't been scheduled, so I should be near the front of the list for Granger. I guess there's one scheduling day left (since they aren't scheduling this week) and I don't see myself getting scheduled on the last day. I want to keep my Platinum order and it'll be a real bummer if Ford won't even accept the order until February. I'll be highly tempted to look elsewhere.

Fingers crossed for ya to get scheduled.  

I gave up!  salesperson was 900% (ordered 12/8/21)  I was going to a 23.  Week later scheduled for 10/24.  Rescheduled for 11/9 and now re- rescheduled for 10/31.   Hoping I can see window sticker tomorrow since build is a week out.  

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 7:54 AM, rudy777 said:

Mine is currently scheduled for the week of 11/14 as well. It’s been pushed from 10/13, then 11/7. 

I have no idea when to expect it, but I figure best case is the end of the year. I just wonder if the transition to the 23 models will have any affect on transportation. I can’t see where it matters to the rails what model year they’re moving. 

I’ll just be glad to see it built. I’m one of those who isn’t crazy about the new exterior design. I’m sure it’ll grow on me, but the bed screams Chevy. Truck design is the biggest reason I left GM for my Super Duty. 

10 hours ago, KevinLK said:

I've got a '22 order that hasn't been scheduled, so I should be near the front of the list for Granger. I guess there's one scheduling day left (since they aren't scheduling this week) and I don't see myself getting scheduled on the last day. I want to keep my Platinum order and it'll be a real bummer if Ford won't even accept the order until February. I'll be highly tempted to look elsewhere.

I went through Granger as well. Ordered a loaded Lariat in March. They seem to do a good job managing their order bank. I checked in with my rep Chip once a month. Each time, they usually had my priority code upgraded. By the end of the summer they got the zone manager to grant priority 02 without any nagging from me. 

In late September I received the holy “scheduled for production” email indicating a build the week of 11/28. That has since been bumped to 12/5 with no news in the last few weeks. 

If you have concerns, I would check in with your rep at Granger. Everyone I’ve dealt with there gave direct answers without playing games. 

• Like 1

F250 diesel platinum ordered 2/2/22 scheduled for production 9/19/22 built 9/25/22 shipped 9/28/22 with estimated arrival of 10/21/22. Arrived 10/06/22 picked up 10/10/22 cause I was working. Also I thought they got rid of the massaging seats but while I was showing my dad the truck I stumbled upon the seat massage option and they work so that was a pleasant surprise. 

• Like 1