2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

13 hours ago, Big Jon said:

So what's everyone's thoughts on all the unfinished 2022 models sitting at the racetrack? Ford only has around 4 weeks left to complete all the scheduled builds before the Christmas break and re-tool for the upcoming 23 model. What about all the thousands of unfinished 22's? Will they piece meal those here and there as parts become available, or will they mix them in with the new model on the line? I highly doubt unfortunately that the 22's at the track will be top priority once the 23 model begins production. Shipping is the next hurdle. How far into 2023 will they continue to deliver the 2022 models,especially when the 2023's start arriving at the dealers? As most of you know the shipping process is as bad,if not worse than waiting on a vin# and production. I know this firsthand at 8 months of waiting for a completed vehicle, with no holds to ship! Now add an impending rail strike to the mix, and we'll never see these vehicles in 2022! Ford should really re-evaluate the shipping procedures and offer a more viable alternative than rail shipping. 

Ford invested the money to build these trucks. They’ll want them gone to get them off the books. 

• Like 2

Shipping is a mess, my dealer has received 3 superduty's in the last 2 weeks for inventory while my retail order has sat "no holds" for 3 months waiting for a truck. Customer service can tell me nothing, they cannot pass my issue to anyone that may be able to help, my dealers zone manager is full of generic replies but never addressed the real issue, right now the only thing I can say ford motor company is great at, is shielding itself from its customers. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jeff22 said:

Shipping is a mess, my dealer has received 3 superduty's in the last 2 weeks for inventory while my retail order has sat "no holds" for 3 months waiting for a truck. Customer service can tell me nothing, they cannot pass my issue to anyone that may be able to help, my dealers zone manager is full of generic replies but never addressed the real issue, right now the only thing I can say ford motor company is great at, is shielding itself from its customers. 

Unfortunately, Ford's customer is the dealer and you are the dealer's customer.  

39 minutes ago, Jeff22 said:

That's nonsense. We are the end result therefore WE are Ford's customers. 

From a product perspective you’re right.  From a manufacturing/shipping/ transaction perspective the dealer is Ford’s customer and you are the dealership’s customer.  The dealer sets your price and completes all the paperwork.

57 minutes ago, akirby said:

From a product perspective you’re right.  From a manufacturing/shipping/ transaction perspective the dealer is Ford’s customer and you are the dealership’s customer.  The dealer sets your price and completes all the paperwork.

For the time being. I envision a time when most vehicles will be ordered direct from manufacturer.  Dealership focus will be maintenance and used vehicles while maintaining a few new vehicles in a showroom.

But, yes, we are the dealers retail customer and the dealership is Fords wholesale customer.

1 hour ago, Jeff22 said:

That's nonsense. We are the end result therefore WE are Ford's customers. 

Ford disagrees strongly enough to pay dealers a profit margin just to avoid interacting with end users like you and me. The same can be said for most OEMs.

Engineers design for the end user. Finance and sourcing lean on us to take cost out, even if that means accepting a trade off. From the moment that design is finalized, everything is focused on the dealers. 

• Like 1

They sure spend a lot of money on "end user" advertising, they seem very interested in "end user " opinions through surveys etc. However my original statement still stands in my situation, my dealer ( Ford's customer ) is shielded from any information that would explain why stock superduty's are arriving while their last retail order still sits in Kentucky. 

55 minutes ago, Jeff22 said:

They sure spend a lot of money on "end user" advertising, they seem very interested in "end user " opinions through surveys etc. However my original statement still stands in my situation, my dealer ( Ford's customer ) is shielded from any information that would explain why stock superduty's are arriving while their last retail order still sits in Kentucky. 

Yes. They want to know what makes you spend money… at the dealer. 

Your dealer is thrilled that stock trucks are showing up. They can mark those up as high as the market will bare and turn them in a week. 

As to why your truck hasn’t shipped, even Ford may not know the answer. 

23 hours ago, Big Jon said:

So what's everyone's thoughts on all the unfinished 2022 models sitting at the racetrack? Ford only has around 4 weeks left to complete all the scheduled builds before the Christmas break and re-tool for the upcoming 23 model. What about all the thousands of unfinished 22's? Will they piece meal those here and there as parts become available, or will they mix them in with the new model on the line? I highly doubt unfortunately that the 22's at the track will be top priority once the 23 model begins production. Shipping is the next hurdle. How far into 2023 will they continue to deliver the 2022 models,especially when the 2023's start arriving at the dealers? As most of you know the shipping process is as bad,if not worse than waiting on a vin# and production. I know this firsthand at 8 months of waiting for a completed vehicle, with no holds to ship! Now add an impending rail strike to the mix, and we'll never see these vehicles in 2022! Ford should really re-evaluate the shipping procedures and offer a more viable alternative than rail shipping. 

Try emailing one of these people and explain your situation but be very polite. Just tell them your story. I did it and got a reply.

3E1EB8F0-F62B-4D1F-A6D1-2E5941668165.png

Edited by King ranch 62
Bad photo
  • Like 1

Can't recall if this is real or just internet forum real, but thought I saw a note that car companies couldn't build current model year "cars" after the calendar year ends.  If true, makes me wonder if those 40,000 SuperDuty's sitting at the Kentucky speedway are all considered "built" since they are off the factory lines.  Could they be built, but on holds for months and still ship in March+ of 2023 as a 22?  You know they will go somewhere.  

5 hours ago, Jeff22 said:

Email all and cc each of them. Tell them your story but be real polite. Tell about your shipping delays and that you can’t get any answers from anyone. Remember be humble and polite. I did it and got an answer back. Good luck.? 

2435BED4-899B-471D-9214-71E0356EF7F8.png

F11EFF19-0DFE-4DB6-9844-B259484C0AE2.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, le engineer said:

Yes. They want to know what makes you spend money… at the dealer. 

Your dealer is thrilled that stock trucks are showing up. They can mark those up as high as the market will bare and turn them in a week. 

As to why your truck hasn’t shipped, even Ford may not know the answer. 

Just a thought but maybe ford should find out why the retail trucks are still sitting while stock trucks are being shipped. My truck came in a weak and a half ago but last week my dealer had got in 6 stock super duties at 10k over msrp.

5 hours ago, King ranch 62 said:

Just a thought but maybe ford should find out why the retail trucks are still sitting while stock trucks are being shipped. My truck came in a weak and a half ago but last week my dealer had got in 6 stock super duties at 10k over msrp.

Have you considered the possibility that your dealer prefers the shipper prioritizing stock trucks? Based on what you’re saying, they’ve got about 10,000 reasons to want that stock unit before yours. 

On 11/25/2022 at 4:13 AM, IA Diver said:

I would think, maybe hope, that if your dealer sets all orders at 19 they would set carryovers at 10 to get picked up sooner. Since you will be Job 2, you should be at 99 now and when they open up Job 2 move you to 10.

Carry overs should automatically set at priority 2.?‍♂️

On 11/22/2022 at 3:35 PM, Jeff22 said:

Ordered my F250 Feb 25, received built notice Aug 29, confirmed built with no holds. Since then it's been the same story as many others have posted with push back after push back on delivery. I drive by my dealer to and from work, last week they had two new superduty's on their lot, after a call to the sales manager to see if he had any update for my order he informed me he had emailed his zone rep. wanting to know why my retail order was still in Kentucky given that they had just received 2 "stock" orders. The zone rep. replied with a generic email about the rail delays they already are dealing with and how it's going to be much worse if a strike actually happens, he obviously has no interest in putting any effort into his position or he would have used my vin# provided to see that it's waiting for a truck just like all of the deliveries to my small town dealer in south central Michigan. I've had no problem with the wait, given all of the product constraints, ford customer service has been very good as well as my dealer, I'm grateful to have my truck built, however the lack of effort from my dealers zone rep. and the fact that stock inventories were  delivered without my retail order starts to put a little edge on the whole process. 

Email all of these executives and CC each other and when writing to them be polite and respectful. I did at the end of August and I received an email from one of them offering to help. A couple days later my KRU was scheduled, built and shipped by October and arrived two weeks later.

A1198EE6-89A9-48C7-BFAE-EE81C897EA5B.png

1812B9D9-3FE2-4B44-B206-755740F2CF58.png

14 hours ago, Pugnmat said:

Can't recall if this is real or just internet forum real, but thought I saw a note that car companies couldn't build current model year "cars" after the calendar year ends.  If true, makes me wonder if those 40,000 SuperDuty's sitting at the Kentucky speedway are all considered "built" since they are off the factory lines.  Could they be built, but on holds for months and still ship in March+ of 2023 as a 22?  You know they will go somewhere.  

They're built when they leave the line even if they’re waiting for parts.  They won’t let them sit that long if at all possible.

The Ford tracking site shows my King Ranch Ultimate (ordered 8/23/21) with a production date of 11/28. I am in St. Louis 280 miles from the assembly plant.  Are all trucks shipped by rail or do the closer shipping destinations ship by truck?  Trying to figure out when to sell my 2019 KRU without being without a truck for too long.