2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

30 minutes ago, le engineer said:

This is what happens when people demand updates even if the manufacturer has nothing new to report. A cookie cutter email acknowledging your frustration, offering no real progress, and promising to keep working on it. It’s a PR 101 message with the Ford logo stamped on it. 

back in the late 80s/early 90s computer users wanted something to show the program wasn’t hung, so we had to add things that spun or flashed on the screen, even though they meant absolutely nothing.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Diesel Dude said:

I received my “Shipped” update this morning. Don’t have an ETA on it but the dealer told me the 13th a week or so ago. We’ll see. 

Congrats! Glad to see folks are finally getting some shipping dates, here’s to hoping mine drops soon. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, akirby said:

back in the late 80s/early 90s computer users wanted something to show the program wasn’t hung, so we had to add things that spun or flashed on the screen, even though they meant absolutely nothing.

True, true.  The progress indicator often doesn't directly relate to actual progress; it doesn't need to.  By making something spin, scroll, etc., the user at least understands that something is happening, even if it's not as fast as they'd like.  Otherwise, it's more of just relying on blind faith that something is happening behind the scenes.

One added benefit that comes in handy when trying to troubleshoot software/hardware problems, though, is that when those progress indicators seem to slow down or hang up entirely, you know that something is causing progress to be interrupted.  Or it's just a buggy progress indicator. ;)

13 hours ago, le engineer said:

This is what happens when people demand updates even if the manufacturer has nothing new to report. A cookie cutter email acknowledging your frustration, offering no real progress, and promising to keep working on it. It’s a PR 101 message with the Ford logo stamped on it. 

It's a bit more complex than that.

Many people complain that they want "status updates", they "just want to know where their order stands".  Some on various forums have mentioned wanting to know what's specifically holding up their order and if/when Ford believes they'll be able to build it.  Wanting to be updated on the daily/weekly ongoings at the factories that affect their orders, in some cases.  When given too much information, though, that tends to lead to both information overload and false hopes/false promises.  After all, there are already some people who keep bringing up things like "bait and switch" and "class action lawsuits" against Ford (when their actual business arrangement is with a franchised dealer) (see MaverickTruckClub for examples of these).  More information doesn't really help keep people calm and content.

What they really want is to constantly hear about positive progress.  They want their order to advance through the process and to be kept informed.  They want their new vehicle, and they want it now.

But as many on here understand, due to ever-changing constraints, allocations, etc., that's rather difficult to predict.  Even when a vehicle is tentatively scheduled and a VIN assigned, it's entirely possible for production to occur weeks/months later after numerous delays.  My Escape Hybrid was bumped from mid-May until late July/early August before it was finally built, with an order date of Jan 3.  Fortunately for me, I was able to manage expectations and realized that it likely was not going to be built as early as May, but many have been vocally frustrated at every delay along the way.  Even still, this Escape replaced a vehicle totaled by a red light runner, so if this crazy market didn't provide me with an interim vehicle without losing money, I would've been in a much worse spot.  More understandable than others, sure, but having less time to wait.  When I ordered a Focus in 2012, it was at the dealer within 5 weeks...

The problem is that with the backlog of orders across the lineup, and the ongoing production challenges/shortages, those status changes don't occur nearly enough.

What is presented as simply wanting some sort of update from Ford, is really an expression of impatience that their order is taking so long.  They're like Veruca - they want their golden goose (new car) and they want it now!

50 minutes ago, j2sys said:

What they really want is to constantly hear about positive progress.  They want their order to advance through the process and to be kept informed. 

It’s exactly like when your wife asks your opinion on something.  She doesn’t really want your opinion - she just wants to hear her opinion repeated in a deeper voice.  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, j2sys said:

True, true.  The progress indicator often doesn't directly relate to actual progress; it doesn't need to.  By making something spin, scroll, etc., the user at least understands that something is happening, even if it's not as fast as they'd like.  Otherwise, it's more of just relying on blind faith that something is happening behind the scenes.

One added benefit that comes in handy when trying to troubleshoot software/hardware problems, though, is that when those progress indicators seem to slow down or hang up entirely, you know that something is causing progress to be interrupted.  Or it's just a buggy progress indicator. ;)

It's a bit more complex than that.

Many people complain that they want "status updates", they "just want to know where their order stands".  Some on various forums have mentioned wanting to know what's specifically holding up their order and if/when Ford believes they'll be able to build it.  Wanting to be updated on the daily/weekly ongoings at the factories that affect their orders, in some cases.  When given too much information, though, that tends to lead to both information overload and false hopes/false promises.  After all, there are already some people who keep bringing up things like "bait and switch" and "class action lawsuits" against Ford (when their actual business arrangement is with a franchised dealer) (see MaverickTruckClub for examples of these).  More information doesn't really help keep people calm and content.

What they really want is to constantly hear about positive progress.  They want their order to advance through the process and to be kept informed.  They want their new vehicle, and they want it now.

But as many on here understand, due to ever-changing constraints, allocations, etc., that's rather difficult to predict.  Even when a vehicle is tentatively scheduled and a VIN assigned, it's entirely possible for production to occur weeks/months later after numerous delays.  My Escape Hybrid was bumped from mid-May until late July/early August before it was finally built, with an order date of Jan 3.  Fortunately for me, I was able to manage expectations and realized that it likely was not going to be built as early as May, but many have been vocally frustrated at every delay along the way.  Even still, this Escape replaced a vehicle totaled by a red light runner, so if this crazy market didn't provide me with an interim vehicle without losing money, I would've been in a much worse spot.  More understandable than others, sure, but having less time to wait.  When I ordered a Focus in 2012, it was at the dealer within 5 weeks...

The problem is that with the backlog of orders across the lineup, and the ongoing production challenges/shortages, those status changes don't occur nearly enough.

What is presented as simply wanting some sort of update from Ford, is really an expression of impatience that their order is taking so long.  They're like Veruca - they want their golden goose (new car) and they want it now!

so what's your point? All I want/wanted was to be told the truth. I am confident that is not asking too much, and don't appreciate nor care when someone comes on here telling people that it's not Ford's fault for miscommunication. I was told a delivery window and acted accordingly, without thought that this was not accurate. A simple correspondence stating that we will notify you when your order ships would have sufficed. I didn't discover delivery discrepancies until after the fact, and after I had sold my previous truck.

48 minutes ago, rbsev said:

so what's your point? All I want/wanted was to be told the truth. I am confident that is not asking too much, and don't appreciate nor care when someone comes on here telling people that it's not Ford's fault for miscommunication. I was told a delivery window and acted accordingly, without thought that this was not accurate. A simple correspondence stating that we will notify you when your order ships would have sufficed. I didn't discover delivery discrepancies until after the fact, and after I had sold my previous truck.

In normal times the delivery estimates are spot on.  But today we still have parts issues and transportation issues that are out of Ford’s control and can’t be accurately predicted.  So the only honest answer Ford could give is we absolutely don’t know for sure, but people don’t want to hear that even if it’s the truth so Ford gives their best estimate.

it’s a no win situation.  If they’re honest and don’t give a date people scream.  If they give a date and miss it people scream.

How could you not be aware of parts and shipping delays that have been happening for the last two years?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CAMO said:

Agree for the most part, shipping vehicles built after someone else’s is a logistics management issue and reflects poorly on Ford

If they were truly built 100% then they roll off the line and onto a waiting train car.  

But when different vehicles are built and held waiting on different parts they may not be ready to ship at the same time.  And to make it even more complicated the way they have to be stored makes it difficult if not impossible to ship first in first out.  You can blame Ford but it’s not easy to manage something like that on that scale especially when it’s a temporary issue (although temporary might be a few more months).  Once supply chain catches up they’ll be back to shipping right off the line again.

You also have to remember that special orders used to only be 10%-15% of orders and shipping/tracking isn’t an issue for dealer stock.

so yes Ford is responsible but this situation is unprecedented.

• Like 3

Very much unprecedented. I really hope they are making a dedicated effort to get this that are built shipped in the next week, before 2023s roll off the line.  Part of this is a selfish ask, part of this is knowing they are making a deliberate effort. 

• Like 1

Every time a vehicle is moved there is an opportunity for damage.  You don't want to be moving a lot of vehicles around to get to the one that was built first to get it out.  The situation is temporary.  The goal is to ship all of the completed vehicles as soon as possible with the least amount of shuffling.

Been awhile since I’ve been on here but had a few things I wanted to share with everyone. First the bad; on my way back from my vacation for the holidays I unfortunately got in an accident with a deer. It was 11:30 at night 45 minutes from home in our 11 hour drive. My 14 f150 did its job exceptionally and protected my family without injury. Only had slight bruising to my own hand from the airbag. The seatbelts actually stopped any contact with the airbags other than that which was amazing. Unfortunately a damaged radiator, transmission cooler and transmission as well as no oil pressure or power steering I’m assuming, and at this point hoping it is totaled. This left me in a weird position as I’m waiting from my F250 to be delivered. Good news now, I was with my dealer yesterday who has been very amazing. I was giving my approval to run credit info, lock into an interest rate, and secure a 2,500 PCO. and while I was there I asked if he had seen any tracking updates. He was showing me the new application dealers have been given which has a semi-live location shown on a map. And an hour before I got to the dealer my truck had boarded a train in KY. nearly 11 months later and she’s on her way. I’m hoping shipping will go smoothly for me as nothing else has and my current rental will only last 25 days covered by insurance. I will keep everyone updated as much as I can and be sure to post pictures when it comes in! I hope the truck drivers are nice and grab my truck even though I have the long box. (Also for those that may be wondering what interest rates are like as I know I was, I was given the best tier at tier 0 from ford and a 7.9% rate. Though I’m 22 with a good score but little credit history.) 

1AE228BA-A73B-4F71-AACC-24B8F7D27EB0.jpeg

4E33EA05-6916-4033-A398-7813699068B5.png

F9A6763C-37F6-48E5-872A-8017AA407144.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Alex Kreh said:

Been awhile since I’ve been on here but had a few things I wanted to share with everyone. First the bad; on my way back from my vacation for the holidays I unfortunately got in an accident with a deer. It was 11:30 at night 45 minutes from home in our 11 hour drive. My 14 f150 did its job exceptionally and protected my family without injury. Only had slight bruising to my own hand from the airbag. The seatbelts actually stopped any contact with the airbags other than that which was amazing. Unfortunately a damaged radiator, transmission cooler and transmission as well as no oil pressure or power steering I’m assuming, and at this point hoping it is totaled. This left me in a weird position as I’m waiting from my F250 to be delivered. Good news now, I was with my dealer yesterday who has been very amazing. I was giving my approval to run credit info, lock into an interest rate, and secure a 2,500 PCO. and while I was there I asked if he had seen any tracking updates. He was showing me the new application dealers have been given which has a semi-live location shown on a map. And an hour before I got to the dealer my truck had boarded a train in KY. nearly 11 months later and she’s on her way. I’m hoping shipping will go smoothly for me as nothing else has and my current rental will only last 25 days covered by insurance. I will keep everyone updated as much as I can and be sure to post pictures when it comes in! I hope the truck drivers are nice and grab my truck even though I have the long box. (Also for those that may be wondering what interest rates are like as I know I was, I was given the best tier at tier 0 from ford and a 7.9% rate. Though I’m 22 with a good score but little credit history.) 

1AE228BA-A73B-4F71-AACC-24B8F7D27EB0.jpeg

4E33EA05-6916-4033-A398-7813699068B5.png

F9A6763C-37F6-48E5-872A-8017AA407144.jpeg

Woah! Glad everyone is ok! Deer collisions can have much worse consequences, so I’m glad you guys were blessed to come out of this in good shape!

I'm in your order position as well. As of Monday the 2nd, my truck is on the train in Illinois with an ETA of the 13th. I still have my ‘06 Silverado with 331,000 miles, so I’m not hurting for a vehicle like you. 

Best of luck in getting yours asap. Do you have an ETA from your dealer?

26 minutes ago, Diesel Dude said:

Woah! Glad everyone is ok! Deer collisions can have much worse consequences, so I’m glad you guys were blessed to come out of this in good shape!

I'm in your order position as well. As of Monday the 2nd, my truck is on the train in Illinois with an ETA of the 13th. I still have my ‘06 Silverado with 331,000 miles, so I’m not hurting for a vehicle like you. 

Best of luck in getting yours asap. Do you have an ETA from your dealer?

Thank you very much! Good luck with your order as well!! And as of now my estimate is the 2nd (yesterday) through the 8th. The dealers program was showing the 5th, I assume it just grabs the midpoint. Although as my date has been changed so many times now I try not to buy into those dates too much. But I definitely think the end of this week is possible if they are timely. If not I have hopes of this month. Though my biggest concern is having the long bed. I know these tend to take longer to ship, but keeping my fingers crossed! 331k though that’s pretty impressive! My 150 was about 202. Curious when you happened to place your order originally? There’s one other superduty at my dealership that was ordered before mine last January that is still sitting at the KTP, though if is a dually. 

28 minutes ago, Alex Kreh said:

Thank you very much! Good luck with your order as well!! And as of now my estimate is the 2nd (yesterday) through the 8th. The dealers program was showing the 5th, I assume it just grabs the midpoint. Although as my date has been changed so many times now I try not to buy into those dates too much. But I definitely think the end of this week is possible if they are timely. If not I have hopes of this month. Though my biggest concern is having the long bed. I know these tend to take longer to ship, but keeping my fingers crossed! 331k though that’s pretty impressive! My 150 was about 202. Curious when you happened to place your order originally? There’s one other superduty at my dealership that was ordered before mine last January that is still sitting at the KTP, though if is a dually. 

I ordered Feb 26th. My truck is headed all the way down to the Houston area, so my dealer says it usually takes a couple of weeks to arrive, which will put it on target as per the system at next Friday. 
I travel a lot in the country, so one of my upgrades will be Ranch Hand bumpers. My son in law has one and hit a deer without a scratch on his 2017  F250. 

I ordered Feb 26th. My truck is headed all the way down to the Houston area, so my dealer says it usually takes a couple of weeks to arrive, which will put it on target as per the system at next Friday. 
I travel a lot in the country, so one of my upgrades will be Ranch Hand bumpers. My son in law has one and hit a deer without a scratch on his 2017  F250. 

Oh I gotcha. And funny you mention. My buddy hit a deer in his truck and while it wasn’t totaled it caused a lot of damage and I gave him hell about having a guard. I had not gotten one for my last truck as I knew I would be getting rid of it and thought I would’ve had the new one by now. But my plan was to buy the ranch hand as soon as I get my new one. I may even order it ahead of time like my tonneau cover is waiting for the truck haha. I am putting it on as soon as possible as I don’t want to risk it at all! I’m getting the guard without the bumper though as I want to keep my stock bumper because of the king ranch paint matching. Though my dealer warned me to ensure that it would not impact any of the sensors. He notes they had a customer bring a 150 in to get the guard installed and had to move sensors, though on the website it says the one works with the front camera and the collision warning sensors. Was wondering if you know if your son in law had any issues with sensors when he installed his? Also hopefully these new target dates are more accurate for delivery. Im honestly not sure what to think. My truck is come to va and our train from what I heard goes up to Ohio and back down towards southern va where it awaits truck carriers. Hard to believe at this point I could have my truck by the end of the week. 

"How could you not be aware of parts and shipping delays that have been happening for the last two years?"

let me break down for you, first of all I don't live on this forum or any forum for that matter, some do with over 40,000 posts. Second my truck was ordered early 2/22 and I was kept informed about it's progress and delays, which were accurate. So when told that my truck was built and would be shipped within days to a week, I believed it. With, as you put it, Ford having full knowledge of possible long delays would they even offer a estimated delivery date? Which by the way was mid September.

40,000 posts? are you real? get a life

28 minutes ago, Alex Kreh said:

Oh I gotcha. And funny you mention. My buddy hit a deer in his truck and while it wasn’t totaled it caused a lot of damage and I gave him hell about having a guard. I had not gotten one for my last truck as I knew I would be getting rid of it and thought I would’ve had the new one by now. But my plan was to buy the ranch hand as soon as I get my new one. I may even order it ahead of time like my tonneau cover is waiting for the truck haha. I am putting it on as soon as possible as I don’t want to risk it at all! I’m getting the guard without the bumper though as I want to keep my stock bumper because of the king ranch paint matching. Though my dealer warned me to ensure that it would not impact any of the sensors. He notes they had a customer bring a 150 in to get the guard installed and had to move sensors, though on the website it says the one works with the front camera and the collision warning sensors. Was wondering if you know if your son in law had any issues with sensors when he installed his? Also hopefully these new target dates are more accurate for delivery. Im honestly not sure what to think. My truck is come to va and our train from what I heard goes up to Ohio and back down towards southern va where it awaits truck carriers. Hard to believe at this point I could have my truck by the end of the week. 

I agree with your delivery assessment. At this point, our trucks will arrive when they arrive. I’m just psyched that it’s on its way!

no issues with the sensors. I’ve driven his truck and was wondering if I’d hit anything with the extra bumper steel, but I get the same beeping as i do in other vehicles. 
I’ve got a few items waiting on my truck too.  11 months is a long time to study and prepare for a truck. It’s almost impossible not to buy stuff… ?

I agree with your delivery assessment. At this point, our trucks will arrive when they arrive. I’m just psyched that it’s on its way!

no issues with the sensors. I’ve driven his truck and was wondering if I’d hit anything with the extra bumper steel, but I get the same beeping as i do in other vehicles. 
I’ve got a few items waiting on my truck too.  11 months is a long time to study and prepare for a truck. It’s almost impossible not to buy stuff… ?

Exactly! Getting that superduty fever feeling again! And oh yes I’m definitely going to be getting some stuff for this truck. Especially stuff to keep the dogs off my leather!!! Haha. But that’s awesome to hear about the bumper. Also hoping it will help my truck look a little less lopsided with the long bed by adding the extra length on the truck. The damn thing will bd over 22’ long at that point. Land yacht! No more drive through for me. Looking at getting a 3” lift and shoving 37x12.50s under her! First things first with the bumper though lol. Only mod I want to do but won’t because I like my warranty is the def delete. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alex Kreh said:

Exactly! Getting that superduty fever feeling again! And oh yes I’m definitely going to be getting some stuff for this truck. Especially stuff to keep the dogs off my leather!!! Haha. But that’s awesome to hear about the bumper. Also hoping it will help my truck look a little less lopsided with the long bed by adding the extra length on the truck. The damn thing will bd over 22’ long at that point. Land yacht! No more drive through for me. Looking at getting a 3” lift and shoving 37x12.50s under her! First things first with the bumper though lol. Only mod I want to do but won’t because I like my warranty is the def delete. 

I just brought my 22 F350 SRW/CC long bed king ranch ultimate home a month ago and I like the looks of the long bed over the short bed and it rides a lot smoother.

3 hours ago, rbsev said:

"How could you not be aware of parts and shipping delays that have been happening for the last two years?"

let me break down for you, first of all I don't live on this forum or any forum for that matter, some do with over 40,000 posts. Second my truck was ordered early 2/22 and I was kept informed about it's progress and delays, which were accurate. So when told that my truck was built and would be shipped within days to a week, I believed it. With, as you put it, Ford having full knowledge of possible long delays would they even offer a estimated delivery date? Which by the way was mid September.

40,000 posts? are you real? get a life

These delays have been on the news, social media, every owner’s forum, and this site specifically. It’s been discussed around the clock in this very thread. 

Ford doesn’t know when its suppliers will blow delivery windows for parts needed to complete new vehicles. The estimate is a shot in the dark, not a firm deadline. 

What’s wrong with 40,000 posts of helping fellow enthusiasts? 

55 minutes ago, le engineer said:

These delays have been on the news, social media, every owner’s forum, and this site specifically. It’s been discussed around the clock in this very thread. 

Ford doesn’t know when its suppliers will blow delivery windows for parts needed to complete new vehicles. The estimate is a shot in the dark, not a firm deadline. 

What’s wrong with 40,000 posts of helping fellow enthusiasts? 

first of all I don't live on this forum or any forum for that matter

What’s wrong with 40,000 posts of helping fellow enthusiasts?  nothing is wrong with it, just not my thing, and I'm not certain how you think you helped me or anyone else in my situation. No need to respond, I don't really care what you think, certain that I'm not alone

49 minutes ago, rbsev said:

What’s wrong with 40,000 posts of helping fellow enthusiasts?  nothing is wrong with it, just not my thing, and I'm not certain how you think you helped me or anyone else in my situation. No need to respond, I don't really care what you think, certain that I'm not alone

Lose the attitude or don’t bother logging in again.  You don’t have to live on a forum to know there have been supply chain and delivery delays in every industry for the last two plus years.  It’s ok to be disappointed but don’t blame others because you made poor choices without doing proper due diligence.  You should also blame your dealer for not making you aware of these delays.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, rbsev said:

I’m not the person you responded to in the last post. He asked if you’re paying attention. I think we have our answer. Belittling people more passionate about something than you is hardly the right way to go about getting their help. Spend some time on these forums and you just might learn something useful. It’s a great resource. 

• Like 2

I think part of the frustration is the shipping delays. 

im at 4-months awaiting shipment. Others are twice that. Supply chain is one thing but long delays in shipping, much less, delivering the completed product was something I did not anticipate or expect. I know others are in the same boat. 

There really is no magic bullet and that there are inevitably wasted resources in all the solutions. These plants run on lean or six sigma principles so I’m guessing profit margins are taking precedence to a degree. You can’t keep all customers happy…only some. 

My frustration is seeing multiple stock ordered trucks getting delivered and also dealing with rising interest rates. 

I also do think I have been patient. I ordered in 2021 and it’s now 2023 for a basic trim level vehicle.

Anyways, take care and I hope everyone has a good 2023