2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

34 minutes ago, Sonny_d said:

I think part of the frustration is the shipping delays. 

im at 4-months awaiting shipment. Others are twice that. Supply chain is one thing but long delays in shipping, much less, delivering the completed product was something I did not anticipate or expect. I know others are in the same boat. 

There really is no magic bullet and that there are inevitably wasted resources in all the solutions. These plants run on lean or six sigma principles so I’m guessing profit margins are taking precedence to a degree. You can’t keep all customers happy…only some. 

My frustration is seeing multiple stock ordered trucks getting delivered and also dealing with rising interest rates. 

I also do think I have been patient. I ordered in 2021 and it’s now 2023 for a basic trim level vehicle.

Anyways, take care and I hope everyone has a good 2023

It’s absolutely frustrating for everyone including Ford.  Think of how much revenue Ford is losing by not shipping those trucks.

There have always been rail shipping problems.  Covid just made it worse.  And labor shortages are affecting all transportation.  It’s a perfect storm and it sucks.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rbsev said:

"How could you not be aware of parts and shipping delays that have been happening for the last two years?"

let me break down for you, first of all I don't live on this forum or any forum for that matter, some do with over 40,000 posts. Second my truck was ordered early 2/22 and I was kept informed about it's progress and delays, which were accurate. So when told that my truck was built and would be shipped within days to a week, I believed it. With, as you put it, Ford having full knowledge of possible long delays would they even offer a estimated delivery date? Which by the way was mid September.

40,000 posts? are you real? get a life

*Joins forum*

*Immediately starts attacking anyone and everyone, including a respected mod of almost 17 years*

Is this real?  Why are you here?  To attack and complain?  Nothing good will come of that.

4 hours ago, King ranch 62 said:

I just brought my 22 F350 SRW/CC long bed king ranch ultimate home a month ago and I like the looks of the long bed over the short bed and it rides a lot smoother.

Interesting that you say it rides smoother, I haven’t heard that. Im definitely excited. For me bigger is better, plus I feel cooler LOL. I had a 6.5 in my last 150 but this will still certainly be a much larger truck. Can’t wait! 

58 minutes ago, Alex Kreh said:

Interesting that you say it rides smoother, I haven’t heard that. Im definitely excited. For me bigger is better, plus I feel cooler LOL. I had a 6.5 in my last 150 but this will still certainly be a much larger truck. Can’t wait! 

Long beds have always ridden better than short beds due to the longer wheelbase and more weight.

35 minutes ago, Diesel Dude said:

akirby, I spoke to my salesman about price protection and the xplan.  He told me I could choose one or the other but couldn’t have both. That sounds fishy to me. How about you?

If anything, AXZD-Plans require price protection to be passed along to the customer.  It's based on invoice pricing, where the dealer makes all their money from a commission, and price protection bumps the dealer back to the original invoice pricing.  They're not allowed to charge but a $100 doc fee over the X-Plan price, except for any dealer add-ons you approve of.

What they are allowed to do is to either charge the original or higher X-Plan price on the final invoice at time of delivery.  If they charge the higher price upfront, when they receive the price protection credit to their dealer statement, they are to pass that along to you, typically via a check.

For a tale of two A-Plan (employee pricing) orders, my brother ordered a Bronco from Dealer A. They charged him based on the final invoice's A-Plan price, and then sent a check in the mail several weeks later.

My Escape from Dealer B was charged based on the original A-Plan price up-front.

If they were to receive price protection from Ford, then fail to provide you with the refund, then they would essentially be charging a markup on an X-Plan deal, which is against the terms of the program.  Since they're paying the original invoice price in the end, they are expected to honor the original X-Plan price for you, whether they do so up-front or via refund once they receive it from Ford.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Diesel Dude said:

akirby, I spoke to my salesman about price protection and the xplan.  He told me I could choose one or the other but couldn’t have both. That sounds fishy to me. How about you?

Directly from the Ford partner x plan web site:

The New Vehicle Purchase Program customer is entitled to the price in effect at the time the vehicle was invoiced. Any money refunded to the dealer by Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company for price increases occurring after the order is submitted, but before shipment to the dealer, must be refunded to the customer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, j2sys said:

*Joins forum*

*Immediately starts attacking anyone and everyone, including a respected mod of almost 17 years*

Is this real?  Why are you here?  To attack and complain?  Nothing good will come of that.

nobody cares what you think either

On 1/2/2023 at 2:33 PM, rottekatz1 said:

Every time a vehicle is moved there is an opportunity for damage.  You don't want to be moving a lot of vehicles around to get to the one that was built first to get it out.  The situation is temporary.  The goal is to ship all of the completed vehicles as soon as possible with the least amount of shuffling.

Would make to much sense to put vehicles with the same missing component in the same area, vs having to move 100 to get to one.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

The New Vehicle Purchase Program customer is entitled to the price in effect at the time the vehicle was invoiced. Any money refunded to the dealer by Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company for price increases occurring after the order is submitted, but before shipment to the dealer, must be refunded to the customer.

So for those who took the small bus to school. Does this mean my price is locked it at time of order along with my plan pricing? 
So my price is my plan price at time of order, plus the 2k coupon bc truck was ordered before 3jan?

2 hours ago, j2sys said:

If anything, AXZD-Plans require price protection to be passed along to the customer.  It's based on invoice pricing, where the dealer makes all their money from a commission, and price protection bumps the dealer back to the original invoice pricing.  They're not allowed to charge but a $100 doc fee over the X-Plan price, except for any dealer add-ons you approve of.

What they are allowed to do is to either charge the original or higher X-Plan price on the final invoice at time of delivery.  If they charge the higher price upfront, when they receive the price protection credit to their dealer statement, they are to pass that along to you, typically via a check.

For a tale of two A-Plan (employee pricing) orders, my brother ordered a Bronco from Dealer A. They charged him based on the final invoice's A-Plan price, and then sent a check in the mail several weeks later.

My Escape from Dealer B was charged based on the original A-Plan price up-front.

If they were to receive price protection from Ford, then fail to provide you with the refund, then they would essentially be charging a markup on an X-Plan deal, which is against the terms of the program.  Since they're paying the original invoice price in the end, they are expected to honor the original X-Plan price for you, whether they do so up-front or via refund once they receive it from Ford.

Ok if I read correctly, after all said and done with price protection, x plan, coupon etc, they can only charge $ 100 doc fee?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Wizardfitz said:

So for those who took the small bus to school. Does this mean my price is locked it at time of order along with my plan pricing? 
So my price is my plan price at time of order, plus the 2k coupon bc truck was ordered before 3jan?

My Dealership seemingly tried to honor the coupon. They tried to submit it two different ways, and show me documentation where it is expired.

420EC9C4-70AB-4E8B-9422-D5C9325629F3.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Wizardfitz said:

Ok if I read correctly, after all said and done with price protection, x plan, coupon etc, they can only charge $ 100 doc fee?

The X-Plan price at the time you ordered, not including any price increases, plus $100 doc fee (or your state max, whichever is lower).  Some will try to push dealer adds on you (wheel locks are common near me).

Just know that they're allowed to charge you the X-Plan price after any price increases upfront and then refund the difference.  Depends on the dealer how they handle this.

For the $2,000 incentive/rebate/PCO (private cash offer)...  It needs to either be valid on the date the order was placed, or the date you sign the paperwork when it's at the dealer.  If the start date on the offer was after you ordered, and the expiration date before you sign the paperwork, it can't be applied to the order.  So long as it's valid on either order or delivery date, the dealer is able to redeem that toward your purchase.  This is Ford's incentive protection - if it's valid when you order, it's locked in.  You can choose any incentives that are locked in, or give that up for what's available at delivery, not both.

58 minutes ago, Wizardfitz said:

Yes.  The kicker is whether you have that price documented or not.  Ford only prints the pricing in effect at time of order on the invoice.

If you don’t have that (and I don’t think the dealer can see it either) then you’d most likely have to wait for the dealer to apply for price protection, let Ford calculate it and send you the check.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gotodd12 said:

My Dealership seemingly tried to honor the coupon. They tried to submit it two different ways, and show me documentation where it is expired.

Of course it’s not valid now.  But there is an option in smartvincent to show incentives at time of order vs time of delivery.  If they placed the order correctly.

2 hours ago, gotodd12 said:

420EC9C4-70AB-4E8B-9422-D5C9325629F3.jpeg

Was the order placed during that Valid range shown (2022-04-05 to 2022-07-05), or before April 5?  Incentive protection typically would apply to incentives that are valid on the date the order was placed.  Unfortunately, any incentives available after the order was placed but before you sign the paperwork is typically not eligible on your order.

54 minutes ago, akirby said:

Of course it’s not valid now.  But there is an option in smartvincent to show incentives at time of order vs time of delivery.  If they placed the order correctly.

Well these was his way of saying he tried.

came back in with these docs and said no go.

So the dealership is incorrect?

6CD5E697-0B28-4772-9B1F-4AB1ACF4ED5E.jpeg

F8EECD14-AEF1-4A2B-A5B6-0B090CE81A88.jpeg

4 hours ago, j2sys said:

Very well explained! Thank you so much for the clarification, j2sys!

4 hours ago, akirby said:

Thanks so much! You guys have equipped so many of us to be knowledgeable about the process! 

56 minutes ago, gotodd12 said:

Well these was his way of saying he tried.

came back in with these docs and said no go.

So the dealership is incorrect?

You ordered 2/18.  That PCO wasn’t valid until April.  That’s why it isn’t valid.

You get whatever was in effect the day of order or delivery.  In between doesn’t count.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

You ordered 2/18.  That PCO wasn’t valid until April.  That’s why it isn’t valid.

You get whatever was in effect the day of order or delivery.  In between doesn’t count.

Ok ? thanks for the replay! It’s nice to know I was treated fairly! 

4 hours ago, Wizardfitz said:

Last summer I took delivery of a vehicle ordered under X=plan. When the dealer brought out the contract there was an over $500 doc fee.  I showed them the X=Plan site and they changed it to $100.