2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

On 9/25/2021 at 11:24 PM, OREGUNFIRE said:

I too ordered the f250 lariat, dsl 4x4 cc with black out that includes the spay in bedliner, 5th wheel and gooseneck NO "AS". Ordered on 8-9-21 emailed by ford on 9-16 with a build date of 10-25 (hopefully). My order priority code was a 10 from the start. Dealer called me the same day I got the email with the build date just to make sure I received the email from ford, he said his dealer got notification of 15 of their trucks that were on order got the same build date. 

Have you talked to your dealer just for an update?

Good luck, 

I asked my dealer about an hour ago if he could tell me where my f350 was. He told me the sales manager said closer to middle of October.  But thanks to the tracking thread on here Cyberdman told me it was in Omaha on Saturday at noon. That's about 4 hour drive from my dealer. 

I just placed my order for F350 Drw platinum. They called me back saying with the adaptive steering would be the 6-8 months but if I deleted would be 4-6.  Told them I’m fine with the wait since I don’t have the trailer yet, but ho-fully will be sooner.  I wanted one now but will learn to be patient.

1 hour ago, 1991LX said:

Scheduled to day (4 October.) I Checked the Mach E tracker tonight showed “in production,” then shortly afterwards it went back to “in order processing” seems weird. Anyone else see this happen? 

Yes.  Happened on and off last week for me w build day 9/27.  Window sticker will appear and disappear as well

27 minutes ago, 1991LX said:

Super weird but hey I guess it is what it is. Thanks for letting me know. I just hope it stays on track. 

Also have a build week of Oct. 4. Dealer sent me the Vin# and date. I haven’t seen anything change yet but will

let you know if I do. Good luck 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nmfiredawg said:

I just placed my order for F350 Drw platinum. They called me back saying with the adaptive steering would be the 6-8 months but if I deleted would be 4-6.  Told them I’m fine with the wait since I don’t have the trailer yet, but ho-fully will be sooner.  I wanted one now but will learn to be patient.

I think adaptive steering only makes the trucks steering wheel turn the tires quicker with less rotation (1 full turn on the wheel at slow speed to make the tires fully turn). As far as towing a trailer if you want the back up assist (guides the trailer where you aim it) adaptive steering will do nothing for towing a trailer as far as I can tell. From Ford "Adaptive steering adjusts the steering ratio in response to vehicle speed. It adapts automatically to the driving situation, whether you’re doing a low-speed maneuver like parking or backing up a trailer, or traveling at cruising speed on the highway. At lower speeds, the steering ratio decreases, requiring fewer turns of the steering wheel — and less steering effort. At higher speeds, the steering ratio gradually increases, producing a steering feel that is firmer and more controlled.

Edited by OREGUNFIRE

Waiting on the call from the dealer that my truck has arrived. Last I checked it was passing the Ft. Lauderdale rail yard headed to Miami(update Sunday) . Hoping it gets to the dealer by the end of the week. Have the new trailer hitch, bed cover and tint guy ready to come tint the windows! Will keep everyone updated. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nmfiredawg said:

Question for those that ordered.  Did you sign a purchase standard purchase agreement at the time of ordering?  My dealer is wanting this

Yes, they said they need this to prove to Fire that the truck being ordered is for a customer and not for their stock. He told me that they are not allowed to order trucks for stock at this time and this is how they prove that the truck being ordered is sold. I also had to put $500.00 down that he said they show to Ford as well to prove the sale

25 minutes ago, H-D FB 103 said:

Yes, they said they need this to prove to Fire that the truck being ordered is for a customer and not for their stock. He told me that they are not allowed to order trucks for stock at this time and this is how they prove that the truck being ordered is sold. I also had to put $500.00 down that he said they show to Ford as well to prove the sale

Thanks.  Manager called and told me the same thing.  Just didn’t want to think dealer was being sneaky.  I haven’t bought locally and always go elsewhere because of pricing.

9 minutes ago, Nmfiredawg said:

Question for those that ordered.  Did you sign a purchase standard purchase agreement at the time of ordering?  My dealer is wanting this

1 hour ago, H-D FB 103 said:

Same here too, except they needed a minimum of $1000 down. If anyone is thinking about purchasing from Heller Ford in IL, just know they are strictly in it for the sale. I almost had to go somewhere else after inquiring for 2 weeks that I wanted to purchase a truck. I guess they didn't think I was serious about wanting to buy. They do not care about you after you place the order. They are very hard to get a hold of after the purchase, and seem very annoyed when asking any questions or updates on the vehicle. Just an FYI for anyone in that area. I ordered Aug 24, 5 weeks ago, and have heard absolutely nothing about my order. Every time I ask, they say it's still awaiting a build date and to be patient. After reading some of the posts here, I'm definitely jealous of the salesman who will actually keep you guys updated.