Stainlessworks 7.3 exhaust (install/review/pics)

So I'm just following up on a other post I did about the 7.3 stainless works Cat-Back Redline exhaust.

To start out, the old exhaust system came off in three pieces without cutting. It took me about an hour to take it off. I was moving slow, back was hurting this week. To get the tailpipe out you have to jack up the frame to give a little more clearance between the rear end and the frame. I put a floor jack under the hitch and lifted it up about 5 in and tailpipe slid right out.

The stainless Works exhaust came in one big heavy honking box but it was packaged pretty well everything was protected.

Every piece... pipes, mufflers, bolts, hangers, and nuts is stainless steel. Pretty thick stainless, I was expecting some cheaper lighter gauge stuff but it's pretty robust. The y-pipe has a built-in resonator and the Mufflers are 100% stainless and you can see that it is definitely hand TIG welded. Pretty good TIG welds,  did not see a lot of undercut and no blowouts.

It was supposed to be an exact fit but it was not...after putting it together and sliding all pipes forward as possible the system was 2.5" too long. Took a few pieces back apart and threw the tube in the cold cut saw.

Put it back together and snugged it down....

Sounds great. At first rhought it had more of an old thrush glass pack sound. But my friend made multiple rpm passes down the road when I stood by and watched....then I fell in love with the sound...

Deep throaty sound...very deep and quiet at idle...at wot she screams...reminds me of a FM 30 series muffler on an older bigblock.

Skip to 2:30 for sound.

20220205_180638.jpg

20220205_170400.jpg

20220205_135107.jpg

20220205_135643.jpg

20220205_135649.jpg

20220205_135708.jpg

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR

8 hours ago, Superduty 2021 said:

wish I could get those stainless tips on the diesel looks good

I didn't go with the stainless (finish) tips, they are stainless but with black anodizing or black paint or some kind of black matte finish. can't see it in the picture because it's covered in dirt road dust but they are definitely black.

On 2/8/2022 at 5:22 PM, kenneths said:

How is it at highway speeds? Worried about drone at 80mph with my 4.30 gears.

Thats exactly why I won't be doing any exhaust on my new truck. I put a cat back set on my 150 after only 2,000 miles... 100K + more and the last 55k at almost all highway speeds (85 is the new 55), I can't stand it anymore. I love the rumble and rich sound, but given that bluetooth phone calls are almost impossible to hear, I'm going to take some time to enjoy the peace and quiet ?. I will miss stomping the gas and hearing the roar and will probably be jealous every time I hear one go by. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CaptainKopper said:

Thats exactly why I won't be doing any exhaust on my new truck. I put a cat back set on my 150 after only 2,000 miles... 100K + more and the last 55k at almost all highway speeds (85 is the new 55), I can't stand it anymore. I love the rumble and rich sound, but given that bluetooth phone calls are almost impossible to hear, I'm going to take some time to enjoy the peace and quiet ?. I will miss stomping the gas and hearing the roar and will probably be jealous every time I hear one go by. 

Yep, ditto!  I've had a couple louder vehicles over the years.  The older I get, the more I appreciate the quiet inside my vehicles.  Especially with phone calls and increasingly selective hearing.  ?  Not to mention my seductive British accent Siri that helps me get places.

DAMNIT!?

NEVER FAILS!? Every time I buy something they (whoever) comes out with a next model/ better version/ or something I would rather have, right after I get mine.

I have a 1954 ford 641 tractor, original hydraulic pump has been on this thing for 70 years, it is getting weak so I'm going to rebuild it IN THE SPRING. That means....with my luck....THIS SUMMER (after 70 years of having only a standard replacement) they're going to come out with a new pump that will give it x/times more pressure or speed....or whatever????

14 minutes ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

DAMNIT!?

NEVER FAILS!? Every time I buy something they (whoever) comes out with a next model/ better version/ or something I would rather have, right after I get mine.

I have a 1954 ford 641 tractor, original hydraulic pump has been on this thing for 70 years, it is getting weak so I'm going to rebuild it IN THE SPRING. That means....with my luck....THIS SUMMER (after 70 years of having only a standard replacement) they're going to come out with a new pump that will give it x/times more pressure or speed....or whatever????

IUEC,

Sorry friend, I just saw it on the Tremor forum today, and based on your thread on exhaust , thought it would be good to share…and, the article just came out yesterday.

That said, you did what you did, knowing what you did at the time…you can’t live today and not think tomorrow might change…enjoy what you got/did…and, yours was likely helpful to others.  ?

27 minutes ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

Yeah..you are right. 

It just amazes me how much this happens to me,  it is more often than not.

Next year's 7.3 will have 500hp and 550tq.???

On a positive note, you have the highest payload I’ve ever heard of on a srw, just wow.

Life is good…my wife buys me LIG shirts/sweatshirts to remind me.

1 hour ago, sjmcken81 said:

On a positive note, you have the highest payload I’ve ever heard of on a srw, just wow.

Life is good…my wife buys me LIG shirts/sweatshirts to remind me.

An example, “Life can be in Tents .”

We camp/glamp a lot, no tents, but a TT…Life is Good

Are you still liking Redline? I have a build in the works that'll hopefully show up in a few months. So while I wait I'm trying to get some things together for when she gets here. Not many options exhaust wise out there for the 7.3 that Ive seen. I stumbled on the stainless works and wondered how it was and sounded compared to their videos. I also contacted Borla because I saw they added an option for the 6.2 and was told they were close to releasing something for the 7.3. I currently own an 07 Titan and have a Banks Monster on it. Great sound at start up, mellows out but has a nice deep roar when you get into it. Hoping one of these options produces something along those lines.