What happens if 2022MY orders aren’t built

16 minutes ago, 22 platPstroke said:

I ordered a 22 CCSB 6.7 powerstoke platinum on12/19/2021 order confirmed nothing heard from since my question is with plants shutting down and with parts shortages I’m starting to wonder if my 2022 will even get built if so do I just get a 2023 with same price?? Any ideas 

It's too early to start speculating when Ford hasn't released the 2023MY Super Duty timeline yet and there's no other information available yet. All anyone can do is wait right now to see what happens with the microchip situation, plant production schedules, etc. If Ford finds that they have a large number of unscheduled 2022 Super Duty retail orders that they won't be able to build, Ford will decide how they'll handle the situation and provide information on the process to convert the orders to 2023MY orders and what incentives, if any, they'll provide to compensate the affected customers.  

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Superduty 2021 said:

So Nobody know when MY2023 will be release I was under the impression it was always sometime in March so If I understand correctly they could decide to produce 2022 until december and start 2023 in January or something like that.

Superduty

Its not always the same month each year.  It changes frequently and yes it could go all the way to December.  But my guess would be mid summer like last year.

• Like 1

I sure hope it goes as long as possible. I niavely trusted my dealer on his pie in the sky delivery timeline and bought some addons (center console fridge, brush guard) then discovered online things are taking much longer than the dealer lead on. Either that or hope the console size isn't changed enough to make a difference and the front end doesn't change more than a local welder can make work.

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2022 at 12:42 PM, NedFletcher said:

I sure hope it goes as long as possible. I niavely trusted my dealer on his pie in the sky delivery timeline and bought some addons (center console fridge, brush guard) then discovered online things are taking much longer than the dealer lead on. Either that or hope the console size isn't changed enough to make a difference and the front end doesn't change more than a local welder can make work.

Cart before the horse.....??

On 3/24/2022 at 7:40 AM, capitandiablo76 said:

If unable to be produced in MY22 (unlikely), Ford will cancel your order and dealer should notify you.  You will need to resubmit the order as a 23.  The whole process basically starts over.

If that happens, even though my family works for Ford and I own a Ford, starting over without any incentive might make me go to a different manufacturer.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 4:40 AM, capitandiablo76 said:

If unable to be produced in MY22 (unlikely), Ford will cancel your order and dealer should notify you.  You will need to resubmit the order as a 23.  The whole process basically starts over.

While Ford may cancel any unbuilt orders, we the customers have purchased from dealers, who should be providing their customers with seamless service.

I discussed this situation with my dealer last month, who guaranteed that if my truck didn't get built as a 22MY, he would re-order as a 23MY, guarantee the same price and immediately contact his local Ford Manager to get the Priority back to 1 or 2. If the dealer is providing customer service, the process should be seamless to the customer.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, koolman68 said:

If that happens, even though my family works for Ford and I own a Ford, starting over without any incentive might make me go to a different manufacturer.

What makes you think it would be drastically different with another mfr?

Edited by akirby
  • Like 1

In our search for a truck, we looked at other brands since my business has partnership deals (X-Plan, GM Supplier Discount, etc.) with all major manufacturers.  I can tell you that right now everyone is in the same boat; many dealers are not working with discount programs, they are adding "market adjustments" to the price, supply is low, demand is high and the dealers are so full of themselves thinking they hold all the cards.  So taking business to another manufacturer is really only making a statement, the grass isn't greener over there and the dealer will just sell your truck to the next guy that walks through the door.  Right now it is all about customer service and the good dealers want to earn your business.        

• Like 4

I ordered my 250 the middle of August 21 and received it middle of Feb .  The dealer I bought mine from  I have been dealing with since 95 and the same salesman also. They had 40 plus on orders 250'and 350's and Ford told them they could have the first 6 they had on order and that was back late last year. I was lucky to be one of the six that got their truck I was the second to order a 22,  now the others have been pretty much pushed back to 23. There is nothing around here at Chev Toyota Dodge etc a few half tons pop up here and there and there gone within a day or two. 

I really got lucky and feel fortunate truck is fantastic and exceeding my expectations but I also feel bad that so many other guys are not going to get one this year  ?. I do hope that the MFG's ain't blowing smoke saying that they will be giving good incentives for 23's to make up for the shortages in 22 time will tell.     

On 3/30/2022 at 9:49 AM, akirby said:

What makes you think it would be drastically different with another mfr?

Well if I have to start over, what is the difference if I go to another manufacturer as you said yourself. Growing up in Dearborn, MI and supporting their network when I worked for HP, this household currently has 4 ford vehicles in the driveway. For them it may not matter, but if Job #1 means anything then they should consider the impact to the customer is all I am saying. 

Edited by koolman68

1 hour ago, koolman68 said:

Well if I have to start over, what is the difference if I go to another manufacturer as you said yourself. Growing up in Dearborn, MI and supporting their network when I worked for HP, this household currently has 4 ford vehicles in the driveway, for them it may not matter, but if Job #1 means anything then they should consider the impact to the customer is all I am saying. 

Seriously?  You don’t think that Ford is doing everything humanly possible to get these trucks built?  Every one they don’t build is at least $10k of profit down the drain.   And if you think everyone else isn’t having the same issue then you’re not paying attention.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Oldchevyguy said:

My dealer told me that my truck would be built.   He stated that Ford was going to build 22 model super duties until later in the year, maybe as late as December.

Until Ford releases the schedule for 2022/2023MY Super Duty changeover, anything your Dealer tells you is just speculation and them telling you what they think you want to hear.