Rain sensing wipers not working

Dog breath

My wife has a 2020 edge ST. The rain sensing wipers don't work on auto. manual all works as it should. 'Took it to the dealer and they said they fixed it but it still does not work. I should have had them test while she was there to confirm. Has anyone had this issue and what was the fix..these dealer drive me crazy with the incompetence.

I have had the rain sensing wipers on my 15 f150 and am familiar with the operation. settings are all on as they should be. what i am thinking is maybe the sensor is not plugged in after a little more research. i will take the cover off behind the rear view mirror and check that next. 

• 1 month later...

I had a chance to look at the wife’s car yesterday. I took off the cover behind the rear view mirror and the sensor was just laying loose, the clip that holds it was laying in the cover. I put sensor back in the windshield with the clip and a piece of gorilla tape. It works as it should now. When the wifey picked it up from the dealer a few months ago they said it was all fixed. They didn’t even try.