X-Plan Pricing

I’m new to the whole truck ordering process and was wondering if anyone on here knew what x-plan pricing would be? The company i work for offers the x-plan partner discount. I’ve currently got a 22MY F-450 Lariat ultimate in carbonized gray that’s been ordered since 11/08/21. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

3 hours ago, yimmyc88 said:

My dealership wanted the PIN when I ordered. I am in Canada, ordered a F250 Lariat- price was around $80,000 before tax and x-plan gave me $6700 off of that. 

I specifically asked my dealer if they needed mine when I was ordering and he said no just when it comes in. I guess different dealers just do different things.

4 hours ago, TheFatInTheHat said:

I specifically asked my dealer if they needed mine when I was ordering and he said no just when it comes in. I guess different dealers just do different things.

The pin is absolutely not required until you take delivery - there is nowhere to even submit it until then.  But some dealers may want it up front to ensure you actually can get it when needed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ibewlineman13 said:

I’m new to the whole truck ordering process and was wondering if anyone on here knew what x-plan pricing would be? The company i work for offers the x-plan partner discount. I’ve currently got a 22MY F-450 Lariat ultimate in carbonized gray that’s been ordered since 11/08/21. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

The issue that hasn't been stated here yet, is that many dealers won't do x-plan pricing.  So your dealer may say no when the truck comes in, unless you have pre-arranged that it will be an x-plan deal.  Part of the x-plan pricing agreement is that the x-plan pricing known when ordering.  Some they will, some they won't, some you just can't tell.  give them a call!

21 minutes ago, Petey_highboost said:

I read x plan is invoice minus .4%? I’m not sure if right or not just what I read 

Pricing Formula

• X-Plan is a pre-determined price based on dealer invoice or A-Plan price depending on brand. The X-Plan price is noted on the dealer invoice.

X-Plan

Ford

Dealer Invoice - (0.4% * Dealer Invoice) + Administration Fee* (see sample invoice)

Lincoln

Dealer Invoice + (0.6% * Dealer Invoice) + Administration Fee* (see sample invoice)

*$275 Administration Fee.

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm

On 2/9/2022 at 7:09 PM, akirby said:

The pin is absolutely not required until you take delivery - there is nowhere to even submit it until then.  But some dealers may want it up front to ensure you actually can get it when needed.

"An eligible Partner Recognition employee or retiree may generate up to two (2) PINs per calendar year to be used towards the purchase/lease of a new vehicle for them or members of their households as noted below (see PIN Generation for details):"

Do you know it the two PINS per calendar year is from the delivery date or the date the PIN was generated? Also, is the calendar year January thru December or (1) Calendar year from PIN generation or delivery date?

1 hour ago, Robin Hood said:

"An eligible Partner Recognition employee or retiree may generate up to two (2) PINs per calendar year to be used towards the purchase/lease of a new vehicle for them or members of their households as noted below (see PIN Generation for details):"

Do you know it the two PINS per calendar year is from the delivery date or the date the PIN was generated? Also, is the calendar year January thru December or (1) Calendar year from PIN generation or delivery date?

A calendar year ends on December 31st. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Robin Hood said:

?‍♂️ I guess I got a little confused. Thanks for the clarity!

If you get 2 in January that’s all you get until the following January.

If you get 2 in December you can get 2 more in January.

Once the pin is generated it’s valid for 12 months.

If you don’t use it I think it can be cancelled.

Edited by akirby
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just so I understand the X-Plan discount...it's not 4.0% off invoice, it's 0.4% off invoice (4/10th's of 1%)?

Example of 4.0%

$1000.00 - 4% (0.04) = $40.00

Example 0.4%

$1000.00 x 0.004% = $4.00

Edited by FreeFlow

2 hours ago, FreeFlow said:

Just so I understand the X-Plan discount...it's not 4.0% off invoice, it's 0.4% off invoice (4/10th's of 1%)?

Example of 4.0%

$1000.00 - 4% (0.04) = $40.00

Example 0.4%

$1000.00 x 0.004% = $4.00

it is .4% off the dealer invoice plus the administration fee.  .4% is .004 times the invoice.  Subtract that figure from the invoice, then add the admin fee and you have the X-plan cost for that vehicle.   As a real-word example, my invoice was $58,228.  Multiply that times .004 and you get $232.91.  Subtract that from the invoice cost and you get $57,995.09.  Add the admin fee of $275 and you get the X-plan cost of $58,270.09 which is a discount off the sticker of $3,284.91.  

An even easier way to figure it out is to go to the X-plan site, and then navigate to vehicle search or build your own, and the website will show the X-plan cost for that vehicle as the price.  Once there is a window sticker generated, the vehicle should appear in the dealer inventory search online and you can see what the X-plan cost is.  

An even easier easy way is to just ask your dealer what the X-plan cost is.  Mine was greedy and elected not to participate in the X-plan (their choice), but at least I knew the cost.     

2 hours ago, NH_Bulldog said:

it is .4% off the dealer invoice plus the administration fee.  .4% is .004 times the invoice.  Subtract that figure from the invoice, then add the admin fee and you have the X-plan cost for that vehicle.   As a real-word example, my invoice was $58,228.  Multiply that times .004 and you get $232.91.  Subtract that from the invoice cost and you get $57,995.09.  Add the admin fee of $275 and you get the X-plan cost of $58,270.09 which is a discount off the sticker of $3,284.91.  

An even easier way to figure it out is to go to the X-plan site, and then navigate to vehicle search or build your own, and the website will show the X-plan cost for that vehicle as the price.  Once there is a window sticker generated, the vehicle should appear in the dealer inventory search online and you can see what the X-plan cost is.  

An even easier easy way is to just ask your dealer what the X-plan cost is.  Mine was greedy and elected not to participate in the X-plan (their choice), but at least I knew the cost.     

That's invoice.. not MSRP,  correct?

Edited by RFT2112

1 hour ago, FreeFlow said:

NH_Bulldog, thanks for the clarification.

Does X-Plan calculate off of prices in effect at time of order placement, the date when the VIN is assigned, or the date when it is invoiced to the dealer?

Order placement, you are price protected at that point.