Feb 22....Are your local dealerships accepting X plan?

On 2/25/2022 at 11:45 AM, Deanh said:

caveat...maybe on Explorers....maybe not the whole product lineup....

Well, they also did it on my 22 F250.  To be fair, they didn’t give me xPlan my Raptors, but they do go below MSRP on them for me, including the 22 I ordered, assuming I ever get allocation for it.  I’m still waiting to see what happens with the Bronco.  That may be at MSRP, but we haven’t discussed it yet.  

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2022 at 7:49 PM, tbone said:

Well, they also did it on my 22 F250.  To be fair, they didn’t give me xPlan my Raptors, but they do go below MSRP on them for me, including the 22 I ordered, assuming I ever get allocation for it.  I’m still waiting to see what happens with the Bronco.  That may be at MSRP, but we haven’t discussed it yet.  

ahem...there is no X plan on Raptors.....but well done....given the loss of potential profit on that Superduty, compounded by severe shortage on inventory...I would consider the F250 transaction a SCORE....

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Wulf said:

Speaking of X-Plan, what happened to the “request an X Plan PIN” topic, or am I just not finding it?

Its there but it doesn’t really work any more since Ford cracked down on “friends* that were just internet strangers.

Edited by akirby
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Phill DaBank said:

Should a dealer show the x-plan pricing on the order or does that come later when vehicle arrives? My dealer accepted the x-plan and confirmed no add-on packages upon arrival but the order sheet doesn’t show anything about x-plan. It’s a 19 priority.

X Plan pricing is available at the time the order is submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) and will be displayed on the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) Preview as long as the Dealer selects "Plan Pricing. Priority code 19 is the default in the WBDO system requiring Dealers to manually assign a lower code (10-18) for retail orders. 

WBDO_Plan Price Display_Selection.jpg

WBDO_Plan Price Display.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

• 2 weeks later...

BTW....Parks Lincoln of Lake Mary, FL (or Longwood) was happy to take X plan on a new 2022 Nautilus in stock 2 day ago. No extra's required either. $75 dealer fee and X plan. Otherwise is MSRP plus $899 in dealer fee. Pretty straight forward transaction. Great dealership. Locl Ford dealerships wouldn't do it. 

On 2/11/2022 at 6:31 PM, decompiled said:

There are 2 dealers near me in the Seattle area -- one accepts X-plan, the other does not. So just ordered my 2022 Aviator from the one that does ?

Whom did you order from? Did they require a deposit? And were you able to get price protection based on your order date? I'm trying to find a dealer that does the above.

Thanks!

On 4/25/2022 at 11:17 PM, stupidaccount said:

Whom did you order from? Did they require a deposit? And were you able to get price protection based on your order date? I'm trying to find a dealer that does the above.

Thanks!

I ordered from the Lynnwood one. No deposit. And as far as I know, price protection is automatic. I have the price preview sheet with the pricing code. I guess here's hoping they don't screw me ?‍♂️

• Like 1

6 hours ago, decompiled said:

I ordered from the Lynnwood one. No deposit. And as far as I know, price protection is automatic. I have the price preview sheet with the pricing code. I guess here's hoping they don't screw me ?‍♂️

ooo lucky. Whom did ya work with? Guy i worked with was not helpful - basically said there is no price protection. Ended up going with one in Kent. Even though they did not print out the XPLAN pricing on the order sheet, they did confirm they will generate it based on xplan. let's hope they stick with it and don't screw me either.

After my Local Ford dealership (Central Florida)  refused to sell us a loaded up Edge Titanium at X plan, the local Lincoln dealership did 2 weeks ago. So was able to buy a new 2022 Lincoln Nautilus at X plan cheaper than the loaded up Edge, although the Edge did have a couple features not on our Nautilus with premium package. Got a $1000 rebate also. 

The sales guy said they usually sell a Nautilus at MSRP plus $899 dealer fee these days. My X plan had a $75 dealer fee. I totally know you never out trade a car dealer, but I was satisfied with the sale and what they gave me for a 10 year old Edge with 81,000 miles. Parks Lincoln in Longwood, Fl is a very nice dealership. They are very transparent in their dealings. 

7 hours ago, stupidaccount said:

ooo lucky. Whom did ya work with? Guy i worked with was not helpful - basically said there is no price protection. Ended up going with one in Kent. Even though they did not print out the XPLAN pricing on the order sheet, they did confirm they will generate it based on xplan. let's hope they stick with it and don't screw me either.

Ya, the communication has been less than stellar. But the order preview sheet showed the price level ordered at, so that should remain the invoice price regardless. I'm trying to remember that I'm not the only client and of course am not as high value since I'm doing X-plan. But I still do wish they were more transparent with vehicle visibility reports and the like. Good luck with the Kent place.

14 hours ago, stupidaccount said:

The X Plan price is available when the order is first created. All they have to do is select "Plan Pricing" when displaying the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) Preview. X Plan prices go up along with the regular vehicle prices. As such, you should get a signed sales agreement specifying the vehicle specifications and all financial terms. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The X Plan price is available when the order is first created. All they have to do is select "Plan Pricing" when displaying the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) Preview. X Plan prices go up along with the regular vehicle prices. As such, you should get a signed sales agreement specifying the vehicle specifications and all financial terms. 

Sadly, my dealer has insisted multiple times that they only apply X-plan at the delivery as part of the finance paperwork. Both salesperson and sales manager have said this ? I wish that things could be more consistent and transparent. But I'm hoping they will keep their word on this.

1 hour ago, decompiled said:

Sadly, my dealer has insisted multiple times that they only apply X-plan at the delivery as part of the finance paperwork. Both salesperson and sales manager have said this ? I wish that things could be more consistent and transparent. But I'm hoping they will keep their word on this.

Unfortunately mine too. I wish they were transparent on this.

1 hour ago, stupidaccount said:

Unfortunately mine too. I wish they were transparent on this.

The problem is they’re only going by the actual invoice which is always going to show the latest pricing.  So from that perspective they’re correct.  But if they had written down the original x plan price then they could go by that.  But most don’t do it that way.