Low tire pressure warning reset 2011 F250?

Scgamecock

Ok I found the procedure and got to where the message center tells you which tire to go to but for my 2011 it starts talking about placing the antenna of the tire sync tool on the sidewall.  What is a tire sync tool?  I thought I just had to let some air out till the horn beeps but that doesn’t seem to be the case if you have the message center.

So I need to buy a specialty tool?  Is there another way to get rid of the warning message??  

Thanks

Wade

On my 2011 it was necessary to inflate the tires to the max psi shown on the tire loading label and then drive it a couple of times before the warning message would go off. Just airing them up into the acceptable range didn’t do it. They had to be at max psi. Once it went off I would lower the psi to a more reasonable level. Give it a try, I’m pretty sure it will work for you. 

• Like 1

There is a difference between a low pressure warning and a tpms fault, it will either say low pressure or fault on the warning screen. If it is truly a low pressure warning, air it to the amount listed on the driver door. Then drive it around a couple minutes, there is nothing more to it. If it is a fault, 99% of the time it is due to a bad sensor, might as well let a tire shop replace the bad one and retrain the sensors(yes a tool is needed for training). 

Edited by Jp_norris
  • Like 1

Thanks guys.  I will check the max load on the tire and the recommended pressure on the door and raise it up if necessary and drive it around.  Right now all 4 have 42psi in them and I haven’t added any air.  It is a tire pressure warning message and not a fault.  It’s been on for a while and just had a chance to start investigating yesterday.  But the pressure es have stayed between 38 and 42 psi.

here is what I got off of a google search.  Step 7 in the link below is what through me with the “learning tool”.  None of the other YouTube videos or articles mentioned this step.

TPMS Reset Procedures

Thanks

Wade

11 hours ago, Scgamecock said:

So you really think I didn’t check the tire pressure and just wanted to turn the message off?  Thanks for the suggestion.

Well since you left out important information such as you already checked and all tires were at 42 psi and you were talking about the reset tool I wasn’t sure what the heck you were doing so I started with the basics.  And yes I’ve seen many folks who had a low tire pressure warning and did not know to check the actual tire pressures.

In this case if inflating to max pressure doesn’t clear it then the sensor is probably bad.  Seems like 10-12 years is about the normal battery life.

• Like 1