NO WARM AND FUZZY FEELING FROM MY DEALERSHIP

ShelbyKR

Placed and order with this dealership on 6/11/21.  Did not receive a confirmation email ( they didn't enter it correctly ).  Thought I was it good hands and let them take care of business .

12/1/21 Rolls around I started asking questions and reading more on this forum.  Went from sales manager to owner of dealership.  Most of December work thru all the commodity 

issues that affected my order.  January 25 2022 finally get a build date of February 14.  2/9/22 receive an email that my order has been rescheduled  to February 21 and another on

2/12/22 that it has been pushed back to 1/28/22. 

What I am trying to understand is how some of us on the forum can place a order a late as January and have the same build date as me and have a vin number.  I presented this question

to my dealership and his response was you can't believe everything you read on the internet and we have had only 6 new vehicles all year.  That response I find quite offensive because I find this forum a wealth of knowledge of information that I would not have otherwise.  If the dealership has only gotten 6 new vehicles in my opinion in the last year I would have to say what is he doing wrong.  Part of me wants to cancel my order and go elsewhere. The other half of me thinks I come this far just wait it out. Very unhappy with this experience ! 

Edited by ShelbyKR

1 hour ago, ShelbyKR said:

Placed and order with this dealership on 6/11/21. ...

January 25 2022 finally get a build date of February 14.  

I'd be very skeptical about those 7 months between when you placed the order and when you got a build date.  Did they forget to submit your order, or submit it as a STOCK order?  You can tell if you have proof of your priority # during that time.  Did they complete COVP?   Did you receive an order confirmation e-mail prior to Jan 25?

Frustrating, yes, but it seems that you are on the right track now.

Edited by Forderorder

My small town dealer in 2018 had little experience with Super Duty orders. I ordered a 2018 in late April and a month later, I was asked if I would accept a 2019. It turned out that orders for 2018 Super Dutys were closed off in March 2018. I was lucky that there were no part shortages back then. Still, it set back my build date almost a month. I got my truck in August, 3 days before I had to leave on a long-planned trip. Small dealerships just cannot be detail order experts across the broad line of vehicles offered by Ford.

1 hour ago, winkzoot said:

Makes me wonder if there allotment is really low or their ordering is incompetent. 

Allocation is not the problem like it would have been in the past.  Allocation is available.  But there are more pending orders than they can build right now and there is a queue at each dealer based on priority and order date.  It might be an incompetent dealer.

Sound like they dropped the ball.  I put my order in around 01/03/22 and had my build date on 01/26.22 of 02/28/22.  At first they would not return my calls or emails for a change I wanted to make.   Then they sent marketing emails every day, so...I answered one of them and said.

I have tried to call several times, left a message and got no callback. I have also emailed several times and got no answer. Yet you send me these emails every day.

The next day they said this.  

Sorry for the delay, the Order Banks were experiencing some issues so I waited until they were acting normal again to update your build. I have attached the build sheet for your review.  I got it updated to 10 Priority. Also, It is previewing this morning which means there is a pretty good chance it is given a build date this thursday. I will keep you posted.

The next day I got a vin and a date from Ford.   Now to see if it stays that way..

When I look the vehicle up on the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking it shows a 6/11/21 order date.  Was once told by the dealership that a Lariat Tremor was a difficult build.

I find that hard to believe also.  This forum is the only thing that keeps me from sticking the owner of the dealership's head in the urinal.  

2 hours ago, ShelbyKR said:

When I look the vehicle up on the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking it shows a 6/11/21 order date.  Was once told by the dealership that a Lariat Tremor was a difficult build.

I find that hard to believe also.  This forum is the only thing that keeps me from sticking the owner of the dealership's head in the urinal.  

ROFLMAO, dealer's an idiot.

Specifically, what part or parts is he claiming makes it "difficult"?

ShelbyKR I feel your pain. Order a 2022 Lariat Ultimate with 5th wheel prep on 6/5/2021 and am still waiting on a schedule for build.  I am next on the dealers build sheet. Yes they showed me the VVR for vehicles they have ordered and My truck is number 1.   Talked to the Ford Corporate office last Friday and they were less than helpful. Was asked by them at that time if I had a VIN because that was the only wat they could determine want the hold up is.  Told that guy that that was my problem.  Eight and a half months and still no VIN.  Problem is I have Z-plan on the build with price lock and cannot at this time cancel and go elsewhere or it will cost me several thousand dollars more on the build.

So Frustrating to see others on the forums get built and delivered and still waiting on scheduled build.  Also frustrating to see the new Ford ad campaign that states come to your dealer and special order a vehicle the way you want it and receive is a lot quicker!!   Yay!! for those that already got their truck. Can't wait to get mine.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So ShelbyKR;  Like the others have said,  your dealer is a idiot.  Three trucks back while I tried to get a dealer to order my first King Ranch all I got was " OMG we've never seen such a nice truck".  When allocations did matter they had none,  then told me the truck was 14 plus weeks out (normal was 6 )..  Then I used these forums to find a real truck dealer,  my truck came in 5 weeks.  I'm on my 3rd from them,  and my buddy bought one along with him waiting for a Lightning now.  Good dealers are around,  this one doesn't know the system.

Rob

PS  my 2022 KR with the godzilla 7.3 is really, really nice.....

Edited by d232799