Scheduled to Day vs Scheduled to Week

CBears

If this has been answered already, my apologies, I did search first.  

First of all, BIG THANKS to cyberdman for doing the order visibility look ups for truck orders, we all greatly appreciate your time and willingness to do this for us!!! 

My last look up revealed that I was "Scheduled to the Day".  I notice that some are this way and some are "Scheduled to the Week".  My questions is, other than the seemingly obvious meaning, is there some benefit to being one or the other?  I'm also noticing that some folks are going back and forth between them.  Are you one and then the other normally?  

Since I've had weeks and months to think about this, I get curious.  ?

Thank You!

Scheduled to week means, based on shipping, your particular unit will be built that week. To day means that there's an actual rotation number assigned to your VIN. The concept of rotation number has to do with internal accountability; it's a four digit number that wraps at 9999; there's nothing else magical about this number, but it does mean that there's a specific production slot for it, and it's not just waiting.

Mine has gone back and forth for the last month, i.e., scheduled to week, then day, then week again, then day again, etc. Mine's an Expedition from KTP, and status changes even during the weeked (not just after being scheduled on Thursdays).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, balthisar said:

Scheduled to week means, based on shipping, your particular unit will be built that week. To day means that there's an actual rotation number assigned to your VIN. The concept of rotation number has to do with internal accountability; it's a four digit number that wraps at 9999; there's nothing else magical about this number, but it does mean that there's a specific production slot for it, and it's not just waiting.

Mine has gone back and forth for the last month, i.e., scheduled to week, then day, then week again, then day again, etc. Mine's an Expedition from KTP, and status changes even during the weeked (not just after being scheduled on Thursdays).

VERY helpful!  Thank you for the reply. 

20 minutes ago, Pauljbouda said:

Very helpful…wish Ford would be a little more transparent 

They’re literally emailing you when they assign a build week and then a build day and also telling you when it changes.  How much more transparent can they be?  If you want to know why that’s not happening because A- it’s proprietary info they don’t want competitors to know and B- there isn’t a darn thing you can do about it.  Ford already publishes known commodity issues and if your truck was scheduled you are not subject to those issues.  The delays could literally be any part on the vehicle and those parts may change daily depending on truck shipments, etc.  Could also be employee shortages.  When you’re dealing with tens of thousands of orders at 10+ factories every week it’s impossible to track and report every little detail.

• Like 5