Power Running Boards

Joshkbird

• ice-capades changed the title to Power Running Boards

Not sure its the same issue but….

We swapped out our Amp Research running boards from the 2019 and wanted to put them on the 2022… they will bolt up, but Amp Research does NOT have a fix yet for the software interchange… They told us to NOT PLUG IN the 2019’s into the port, we could fry something??    Waiting for a fix….

8 hours ago, BigUnixGeek said:

Extra-glad I ordered factory deployables now.

Mee too, extra-extra glad I went with OEM with the new truck. Amp worked fine for 2 years up here in snow/ice/salt country roads. Then the problems started. Steps go down, only retract half way. Open door, step only opens 3 quarters. Then doesn't close all the way.

Call customer service they say try this, try that, watch the video... Disassemble steps, bracket, motor, spray with $30. worth of "dry"silicone" re-assemble same as before. Call ball back, they tell me start over again. Took video of monitoring with digital volt meter, etc.... DONE!

Would NEVER recommend anyone buy that crap unless your truck resides in South Florida or Southern California. And their 5 year warranty, you can wipe your a$$ with it!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 1:47 PM, Misnjak said:

I’ve heard the ford factory ones operate more smoothly. Also you get the warranty directly from for for 3 years so glad went that route as well

Agreed!  It’s a silver lining to dropping the black appearance package to get built sooner….I switched to sport tremor with power running boards.  Super excited and am struggling to remain patient!