2022 F450 Platinum

jr.nicholson

Hello All, new to the forum.

I have had this truck on order since August 2021. Ford Keeps delaying production. Received an email yesterday delayed again until mid-April. When I ordered the truck, the dealer convinced me to have all the aftermarket products installed by Ford (i.e. spray-in bedliner, hardcover tonneau cover, wheel liners etc)

Ford's excuse is they do not have the time to install these aftermarket products, but Ford was pushing the dealers to sell these products. Now according to Ford, my order has gone too far now to remove some if not all after-sales items and let the dealer install at no cost to me. 

Has anyone been advised or received any compensation from Ford in regards to incentives, gift card, cash vouchers etc for having to wait over 8 months for a customer ordered Super Duty?

On 2/16/2022 at 6:25 AM, jr.nicholson said:

Hello All, new to the forum.

I have had this truck on order since August 2021. Ford Keeps delaying production. Received an email yesterday delayed again until mid-April. When I ordered the truck, the dealer convinced me to have all the aftermarket products installed by Ford (i.e. spray-in bedliner, hardcover tonneau cover, wheel liners etc)

Ford's excuse is they do not have the time to install these aftermarket products, but Ford was pushing the dealers to sell these products. Now according to Ford, my order has gone too far now to remove some if not all after-sales items and let the dealer install at no cost to me. 

Has anyone been advised or received any compensation from Ford in regards to incentives, gift card, cash vouchers etc for having to wait over 8 months for a customer ordered Super Duty?

You are lucky that you at least have a VIN. I also ordered an F-450 in Aug and I still don't have a VIN. 

Ordered F350 dually in January. Got VIN within week with last week in February production date shortly afterwards. Two weeks later, I’m getting weekly updates moving the production date out in 1 week increments. I’m grateful for the updates and this forum yet saddened reading others 2021 order dates .