Kentucky Truck Plant Question

ddakoske

Does anyone know if the Super Duty and Expeditions share the same line at the plant? Or just under the same building?

I ask as I wonder if the plant has been running mostly SD to try to catch up? 

Seems no one has gotten notice of an expedition actually built in the last 3 weeks since builds started per the media. 

I get the parts shortage. I work in automotive. But it’s not zero parts…. The plant is not completely idle per the news. So what are they building???? Are all our Navie friends getting the slots? 

Different body shops and final assembly areas, shared paint shop (I assume).

Expedition is launching, and has an acceleration curve attached to it. It's also awaiting something called OK-to-buy (which means OK-to-sell). They'll get built. We're all just impatient, that's all.

It was awhile back, but the last time I got to go through the plant they had two final assembly lines.  One line ran Expedition, Navigator, and certain configurations of Super Duty.  The other line ran Super Duty only.  I didn't see the body/paint area so I don't know about that.

Edited by cliff2000
Grammer

2 hours ago, balthisar said:

Different body shops and final assembly areas, shared paint shop (I assume).

Expedition is launching, and has an acceleration curve attached to it. It's also awaiting something called OK-to-buy (which means OK-to-sell). They'll get built. We're all just impatient, that's all.

Impatient is a perfect word for it. And yes I am guilty of it. Certainly would prefer a proper built vehicle over a quick built vehicle. Problem is everything else in the year 2022 has such transparency and instant gratification, patience is lost. Thanks for making us all impatient Amazon. 

Also Expy is just launching later then what most are typically use too. Typically a MY 22 would have been in dealerships hands in Q4 2021. 

8 hours ago, ddakoske said:

Does anyone know if the Super Duty and Expeditions share the same line at the plant? Or just under the same building?

I ask as I wonder if the plant has been running mostly SD to try to catch up? 

Seems no one has gotten notice of an expedition actually built in the last 3 weeks since builds started per the media. 

I get the parts shortage. I work in automotive. But it’s not zero parts…. The plant is not completely idle per the news. So what are they building???? Are all our Navie friends getting the slots? 

They’re getting built.  Or at least started.  Go to Ford.com and build an Expedition.  After you build it, scroll down to near the bottom of the page and select “Search Inventory.”  You should get a list of vehicles heading to dealers near you.  It works on  Lincoln.com with Navigators too.

Here’s a window sticker for a dealer ordered 2022 Expedition near me.  It’s not on the lot yet, but looks like it got built at least.

F273CE5E-577E-4EB1-97EE-05039287DEE5.jpeg

No SUV production this week.  Last week we only ran SUVs for 3 days.  Word that I am getting is parts shortage.  We are currently waiting for the OK to ship on about 2500 SUVs that have been built.  Our Super Duty production has also been cut due to parts.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 2/17/2022 at 3:48 AM, waloud said:

No SUV production this week.  Last week we only ran SUVs for 3 days.  Word that I am getting is parts shortage.  We are currently waiting for the OK to ship on about 2500 SUVs that have been built.  Our Super Duty production has also been cut due to parts.

Any word on if the plant is producing SUVs again?  Flew home from CA to be here when it arrived when the dealer told me it was on the line being built. That was 2 weeks ago now. ??‍♂️

4 hours ago, waloud said:

Im pretty sure we will not be producing SUVs this week.  I will not know for sure until  Tuesday night. We are only running 1 shift this week.  Im not sure if we have shipped any this weekend.

Not great news, but we appreciate the update. 

We have about 3,000-3,500 that are waiting to be shipped.  They are working on getting them to be shipped ASAP.  We will not run anymore this week.  Hearing next week the whole plant might be off due to parts.  If they get the parts for the SUVs, they will have the ones that are needed to work to get them out for shipping.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HTownHog said:

Wonder if any of the HO motor builds have gotten done. I’ve got a SPP on order and I worry that it will get delayed for a while since it is a niche option. 

Timberline is also HO motor. I think I have seen more Timberlines posted then platinums and limiteds combine.