Kentucky Truck Plant Question

ddakoske

31 minutes ago, HTownHog said:

With the number of them that hit lots this week I’d assume they pushed a big chunk out of the OKTB hold point. 

Did not seem like a ton. I was thinking a couple hundred to a thousand shipped. 

Does not seem like a single customer order has shipped either

40 minutes ago, Huntsw1 said:

Did not seem like a ton. I was thinking a couple hundred to a thousand shipped. 

Does not seem like a single customer order has shipped either

Agreed that it wasn’t all of them but I bet they moved 5-10 truckloads. Not every customer order is on these forums, and I’d guess the dealer inventory is more or less their quality check builds anyway. Saw this when the gladiator came out and dealers were getting lot inventory before the launch editions hit consumer hands. 

8 hours ago, waloud said:

Last I heard we are resuming our normal schedule this coming week.

This is great, hopefully the plant can hit normal production levels and stay online for a bit. Latest expedition build to week emails I’ve heard are late April so far so I don’t expect scheduled to production notifications will occur for a few more weeks for those of us still waiting. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2022 at 7:01 AM, waloud said:

I have no idea on what the chip hold is for the Expedition.  As of right now the units coming off the line are less stock windshield wiper motors.  I haven't seen any other issues on nights this past week.

Would you mind sharing if the plant is operating as normal this week or at reduced staffing?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cadet7263 said:

My Expedition was built on the 23rd and finished on the 24th of March. Then moved off site for a "Micro Chip Hold". I am assuming its for the Wiper Motor. 

@Cadet7263 did you get the update about build complete and micro chip hold from the standard ford status update or did your dealer have to get that info?

26 minutes ago, gmuqueenie said:

@Cadet7263 did you get the update about build complete and micro chip hold from the standard ford status update or did your dealer have to get that info?

My dealer told me by checking their system. But my dealer said they do not have a contact at the factory to inquire further as to what exactly it is waiting on. I’m only hoping at this point it is a wiper motor and they do come in this Friday. 

• Like 1

Got an email from Ford last night. Says although my truck is in production, they need more time to finish it. Seems like a lot of people got the email who are waiting for cars from the KTP. Was hoping for better news this morning, and not that it’s been delayed more. 

• Like 1