Kentucky Truck Plant Question

ddakoske

Thanks for the info. I’m assuming mine is one of the other 2200 that didn’t get a motor then. Is there any talk when they are expecting more? Or how often they plan to get them in? If you all are in full production, seems like more and more will just keep stacking up unless there is a steady supply of motors coming in. Hopefully mine wasn’t put at the back of the lot somewhere, lol. 

48 minutes ago, Huntsw1 said:

I honestly believe there is more to chip hold purgatory than wiper motors. I have been in the parking lot for over a month now. At 2640/week, there should be way more than 3400 waiting on motors

Yes, you are probably right. Seems way to easy to just be wiper motors, and they have to be just stacking up. I am also sure, as they are getting the parts/chips in, they are not going back to the older ones in the lot and putting them in those first. If we are at the back of the lot, who knows how long they may sit there. Seems like you may be towards the back of the lot if you have been waiting that long. Hopefully you have a dealership that's more cooperative then mine with helping you. 

8 hours ago, Tripoli said:

How’d a 2 year old car die on you?  Only asking out of concern for my choice to buy one.

I suspect it was the transmission. A lot of noise and then it wouldn’t go into gear. Unfortunately, all the dealership service departments in my area are backed up so I couldn’t find anyone to look at it until next week. I must admit, in my extreme frustration sitting on the side of the road, I wavered in loyalty a few times. Ultimately, I just count myself as the unlucky one who got the one bad apple. Still under warranty though and Ford has always been good to me. My Expedition on order will be my sixth Ford, plus four F150s for my husband. I still recommend. :)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, waloud said:

We do have wiper motors in stock.  Not sure about how much we have on hand.  If I hear of see anything I will post.  

Thank you for continuing to give us some insight! Better than the radio silence many of us have from our dealers. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, xraytek22 said:

Are you still in shipping hell too?  

Yep. I broke down and called Lincoln today. All they could tell me is it’s waiting to ship. 

Real helpful . . . Not. 

I just looked at an Expedition Platinum somebody posted over on the Expedition forum heading to North Carolina. Built 4/6 and already in transit. I can see it for myself on the Ford tracking site. 

I’m not sure why our trucks are getting ignored, but it sure is frustrating. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Xraymd said:

Yep. I broke down and called Lincoln today. All they could tell me is it’s waiting to ship. 

Real helpful . . . Not. 

I just looked at an Expedition Platinum somebody posted over on the Expedition forum heading to North Carolina. Built 4/6 and already in transit. I can see it for myself on the Ford tracking site. 

I’m not sure why our trucks are getting ignored, but it sure is frustrating. 

Yeah I was checking out my dealers website

yesterday and they had a Nav come in that was ordered in Dec and built after ours that arrived on Monday. Guess that is what took my vehicles

spot. Its extremely frustrating esp considering the weather in Louisville tonight ??‍♀️ 

Shipping is a whole different  ballgame.  I don't have a clue why it takes so long for these to ship.  At one time it was blamed on the railroad not having enough carts for us, but that was supposedly fix.  I had a friend that had a Super Duty waiting to be delivered 30 miles for 2 months.  

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, waloud said:

Shipping is a whole different  ballgame.  I don't have a clue why it takes so long for these to ship.  At one time it was blamed on the railroad not having enough carts for us, but that was supposedly fix.  I had a friend that had a Super Duty waiting to be delivered 30 miles for 2 months.  

That isnt giving me the warm and fuzzies over here ?

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2022 at 12:30 AM, waloud said:

The information that I am getting is that we have about 3400 waiting for motors.   We received about 1200 to install this weekend.  I will check the ones coming off the line Tuesday night.

Thanks for keeping everyone informed. We appreciate you going the extra mile.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 6:16 AM, waloud said:

Here I am hoping that mine will be shipped to Canada in 2 weeks from completion. Guess I am dreaming

On 4/11/2022 at 9:30 PM, waloud said:

The information that I am getting is that we have about 3400 waiting for motors.   We received about 1200 to install this weekend.  I will check the ones coming off the line Tuesday night.

Hi @waloud do you have anymore info on the wiper motors, are vehicles been finished off? thanks for the info

• Like 1