Tremor Front Valance

Misnjak

Looking at swapping the big 4x4 front lower plastic chin balance for the smaller tremor one mainly really just for looks but also the approach angle clearance too. 
Mia it a straight swap for fitment?

is there any reason performance wise I may not want to do this?

thank you. 

42 minutes ago, Misnjak said:

Looking at swapping the big 4x4 front lower plastic chin balance for the smaller tremor one mainly really just for looks but also the approach angle clearance too. 

thank you. 

It lines up with the current holes…only thing I’ve heard is it may hurt you MPG slightly as you are allowing more air under the truck

• Like 2

On 2/16/2022 at 11:01 AM, Misnjak said:

thank you. 

airdam.thumb.jpg.d40381bd25997a179a0de7cac2aa62b8.jpg

13 minutes ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

airdam.thumb.jpg.d40381bd25997a179a0de7cac2aa62b8.jpg

The truck on the Right is my F-250 with the 2 wheel drive front air dam vs the one on the left with the standard 4x4 air dam. The 2 wheel drive is about 3.5" shorter and cost about $140 for the dealer to install. I drove it home to Bend, Or from Boise, Id and got 20.9 mpg with an average speed of 72mph. My truck is the fx4 off road 4x4 with the Diesel. Drove to my daughters about 110 miles round trip at 65mph and got 22 mpg for the trip including a lil bit of city driving. 

I think the 2x4 looks better and still maintains the fuel mileage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

The truck on the Right is my F-250 with the 2 wheel drive front air dam vs the one on the left with the standard 4x4 air dam. The 2 wheel drive is about 3.5" shorter and cost about $140 for the dealer to install. I drove it home to Bend, Or from Boise, Id and got 20.9 mpg with an average speed of 72mph. My truck is the fx4 off road 4x4 with the Diesel. Drove to my daughters about 110 miles round trip at 65mph and got 22 mpg for the trip including a lil bit of city driving. 

I think the 2x4 looks better and still maintains the fuel mileage. 

Did you have to remove the Prius catchers for the 2X4 valance since it’s slighter larger than the Tremor?

5 hours ago, Power Kid said:

Guy on another forum went from factory to tremor unit he's down @ 60-70 miles per full tank. He also has heavier bumper but at today's gas prices even if its 20 miles I'll run factory in summer. I dont mind the way they look. 

Anecdotal story at best. “The guy on another forum “ is in no way a trusted source for a mile hit from a tremor valence. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/18/2022 at 4:10 PM, FirstFord22 said:

Did you have to remove the Prius catchers for the 2X4 valance since it’s slighter larger than the Tremor?

I didn't, as you really have to look for it. It doesnt bother me. 

For those worried about MPG as I am: my 2020 ford (same truck package as my new one its just got the black out package). When I picked up my 2020 I drove it home and averaged 19.9 with the full stock valance. My 2022 with the 2x4 valance got 20.9 mpg. for the same trip. Not exact science but was good enough for me. 

14 hours ago, BigDutyDiesel said:

Anecdotal story at best. “The guy on another forum “ is in no way a trusted source for a mile hit from a tremor valence. 

Yup. 100% And for me, no more or less so than any other post including yours.  But ask yourself why did Ford make the valence that deep. Just for fun? 

51 minutes ago, Power Kid said:

Yup. 100% And for me, no more or less so than any other post including yours.  But ask yourself why did Ford make the valence that deep. Just for fun? 

Could be many reasons, one of them to hide components out of view - on a non tremor SD versions theres a metal piece which protrudes and can be easily removed, valence hides it. Also, it’s a trend nowadays to add valences and ford follows along. And of course it actually has to do with aerodynamics, not questioning the science. But 70 miles = 4-5 gallons win because of a larger air dam, i don’t think you believe that one either.

Well that's why I noted heavier bumper was likely part of that and said even if its 20 miles...  That increased turbulence at 77 mph down the interstate and i believe it would be a tangible difference. Driving from farm to town doing 55 with start and stops and likely won't notice. Luckily we all get to choose what's important to us. I'm in minority where I think a non tremor looks better better with deep valence. I know I didn't order a 7.3 w 4.30s for stellar mpg. But I don't want to make it worse either. ? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 8:13 AM, buckstop515 said:

Those are the prius catchers and not needed. They hang lower than the valance and look out of place. I put on a front receiver and had to remove them to bolt it on, as it used those holes.

So why do Tremors not need the prius catchers?  Are they lower than the stock 4wd trucks?  - I think not!  If they are there to prevent the truck from riding over small cars during an accident, Tremors should need them also.  Just figuring out if i want to remove a "safety device" and showing that other trucks don't have them.

As others have posted they are removed when adding things like plow mounts or front receivers.   Maybe these add ons fit the "safety device" too.  I do know that when I hit a deer with the plow mount it did far less damage than just hitting it with the bumper and valance would have.  Still cost me $1700 in parts to repair ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 5:55 PM, SpartanFan23 said:

As others have posted they are removed when adding things like plow mounts or front receivers.   Maybe these add ons fit the "safety device" too.  I do know that when I hit a deer with the plow mount it did far less damage than just hitting it with the bumper and valance would have.  Still cost me $1700 in parts to repair ?

One of the reasons why the first thing I'm buying is a Ranch Hand grill guard whenever the damn truck comes in. Personally, I like the look anyway, but also an 800$ grill guard is much cheaper and stronger than the front clip LOL. I'll take a damaged grill guard over a damaged truck any day. Also will be installing the tremor valence. I also think these "safety devices" as some have deemed it will rarely make a difference. I'm no engineer but if I'm gonna level my truck and put 37s underneath of it I don't think those tiny pieces of steel are gonna save much. At the end of the day, I'm worried about my safety and the look of the truck that I'm paying for. hence why I will also be putting a large hitch on the back, I've had a hitch save me twice in two different trucks from rear-end incidents. Many people may not agree with me and that's totally ok, but I personally think considering those steel triangles "necessary safety devices" is a little bit of a stretch. I think they are more likely placeholders as you have mentioned as well as a sort of support for the larger valance. The amount of wind pushing against that valence at 80 mph is considerable, and I personally think those pieces are for the valance to push against so it stays straight and stable and doesn't snap in half.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...