Mistreatment by labor relations

Uawmember88

I've worked at OHAP assembly for 10 yrs as a line worker. Hired in at 18 I am now 28. I took a go home, was leaving In the late December snow and 2 contractors follow me out and start rough talking me, then wen I went to light my cigarette they pretend I had a weapon, to get me in trouble, police involved,cameras pulled, both exonerated me, however I am on medical and am currently facing termination for this hand in pocket incident. Anyone know any hire ups who can help me???? Any ideas??? Anything would help. Labor relations is trying to fire as many of us 30$ an hour guys, and hire temps for 12$ an hour. They are on a spree right now and I was told, if they believe the contractors it's over for me, but my union (local 2000) hasn't done too much to help except "stay out medical" Helpppp please also no violence or anything threatening on my record, not even been on the attendance program. Does anyone know anyone in uaw who will at least hear me out????????

Retired salary here. How far up the local have you gone? Committeeperson, Bargaining unit, Chairperson? On company side, several 800 numbers for anti discrimination hotlines. Look up officials in the UAW region office. If you are as clean as you say, one of them should help. As for contractors, few really dig in to employees. Too easy for them to be displaced, with no recourse. 

• Like 3

On 2/16/2022 at 11:51 PM, Uawmember88 said:

I've worked at OHAP assembly for 10 yrs as a line worker. Hired in at 18 I am now 28. I took a go home, was leaving In the late December snow and 2 contractors follow me out and start rough talking me, then wen I went to light my cigarette they pretend I had a weapon, to get me in trouble, police involved,cameras pulled, both exonerated me, however I am on medical and am currently facing termination for this hand in pocket incident. Anyone know any hire ups who can help me???? Any ideas??? Anything would help. Labor relations is trying to fire as many of us 30$ an hour guys, and hire temps for 12$ an hour. They are on a spree right now and I was told, if they believe the contractors it's over for me, but my union (local 2000) hasn't done too much to help except "stay out medical" Helpppp please also no violence or anything threatening on my record, not even been on the attendance program. Does anyone know anyone in uaw who will at least hear me out????????

There are more than a few questions here. After 10 years why would you be concerned with  being terminated while on a medical leave if, your paperwork is in place and even if you receive a 5 day notice for whatever reason just comply with the process. 

Contractors? not that well aware with OHAP current contractor polices but,  I`m not sure how a contractor can follow you and light your cigarette and then pretend (?) you had a weapon? Then what`s to have concern with if the responding police and video exonerated you from the contractors claims? 

"Hand in Pocket" incident? Is LRO still in an on going investigation situation? 

If OHAP is in the same employee situation as CAP your concerns of LRO wanting to select legacy employee`s to terminate is well, just another concern that isn`t something to be concerned with. CAP has just over 900 legacy employee`s, this minority of employee`s really is no longer any bearing on the everyday business of CAP. The five thousand plus non legacy employee`s save CAP more money everyday then if you doubled what`s paid to legacy employee`s. Maybe way more. As for the targeting Legacy employee`s, these employee`s lost their strength 3 or 4 contracts ago. You might see in this next contract items that even lessens legacy employee`s strength.

Then with a clean record as you've stated your concern may just be self inflicted with the help of all the floor level rumors, possibly? 

Unfortunately you`ll most likely have to let the process play out. It will take way to much time but you have to exhaust all internal procedures before seeking legal representation. A good attorney will advice you to exhaust the appeals process because that will open possibly two doors of legal pursuit. 

Hey... get yourself together, clear medical, and report to work because concern like this never fixes a dam thing.     

(Next time leave your friends (Mr. Smith & Mr. Wesson) at home.....) Just kiddin 

Edited by Decker
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Have you gone to your Local Hall and sought assistance in this?

Pulling out cigarettes and a lighter hardly constitutes as a weapon, and for Labor to to escalate a false accusation and punish you for it by firing you, is definitely something a lawyer will consult with you on; even in an At-Will State. 

Call an attorney and get a consult-yesterday.

You did nothing wrong.