New Everest debuts on March 1st

15 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Judging by the intro video,  looks like a home run...job well done Aussies!  Again too bad we wont see it in NA.

But shocker ..no mention of electrification of any sort....don't the Aussies pay attention to what the "green new dealers" say we must have?  No worries about where the juice comes from, just plug it in...someone, somewhere, will worry about generating the juice, mining the material for the batteries, and disposing of all that stuff when it reaches end of its life cycle.

"Don't worry, be happy"!  Look at how the Wall Street analysts have responded to Mr Farley's emphasis of electrics?  That is all that matters.

Announcements on Electrification for this and Ranger will be made closer to launch; Electrification is all but required for sales in the China and EU market.

Also nice to see the center airbag added, should help with the new NCAP scores, MACH-E included one as well for the EU / World market currently as well.

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Why why why why are they still doing reservations? It's been an unmitigated disaster so far.

Better engagement with the customer? I think things will go better as the supply situation gets sorted. 

It seemed to go ok with the Bronco Sport...but not the Bronco LOL

Lets see how the Lightning does. 

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Better engagement with the customer? I think things will go better as the supply situation gets sorted. 

It seemed to go ok with the Bronco Sport...but not the Bronco LOL

Lets see how the Lightning does. 

Some of it is Ford's fault with allocation where people ordering early still don't have build dates where people who ordered months after do; but the major thing beyond their control is there isn't enough vehicles. Ford didn't think the Bronco was going to be sold out for 2+ model years and that Maverick and Lightning were going to be the smash hits they have become and add to that the commodity shortages that doesn't allow them to make extra units.

It has been good though as people now realize they can order a car and get what they want, I can't get over how many people didn't know you could do this before. 

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

It seemed to go ok with the Bronco Sport...but not the Bronco

Don’t recall any complaints with Mach-E either.  It’s a great system without supply chain issues and production delays.  The only tricky part is balancing  orders between dealers.  It would be great if they built all reservations first in chronological order but as we saw with Bronco that doesn’t work.

8 hours ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Judging by the intro video,  looks like a home run...job well done Aussies!  Again too bad we wont see it in NA.

But shocker ..no mention of electrification of any sort....don't the Aussies pay attention to what the "green new dealers" say we must have?  No worries about where the juice comes from, just plug it in...someone, somewhere, will worry about generating the juice, mining the material for the batteries, and disposing of all that stuff when it reaches end of its life cycle.

"Don't worry, be happy"!  Look at how the Wall Street analysts have responded to Mr Farley's emphasis of electrics?  That is all that matters.

This was the Ranger and Everest we wanted five years ago, especially the V6 diesel and the Raptor with 3.0 EB.

Count some of that to the big lag in time between customer feedback and the response model from Ford, it really needs PHEV and BEV like big brother Lightning which I suspect will be after America gets on top of battery supply 

Did Ford say it will sell 2.3 EB Ranger or Everest in Australia? Just curious if they will stick with diesel only (other than Raptor). I think Everest 2.3 EB is only confirmed for China so far. 

Agree that Ford needs to move aggressively on hybrid and PHEV Ranger because I'm 100% certain Toyota will make Hilux hybrid happen for next generation due in 2023.

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

Did Ford say it will sell 2.3 EB Ranger or Everest in Australia? Just curious if they will stick with diesel only (other than Raptor). I think Everest 2.3 EB is only confirmed for China so far. 

Agree that Ford needs to move aggressively on hybrid and PHEV Ranger because I'm 100% certain Toyota will make Hilux hybrid happen for next generation due in 2023.

No unfortunately, I though so at first until I realised it was for China, presentation was for all locations.

I suspect that a PHEV Ranger will be in the works once Ford can guarantee battery supplies but really need to get going quicker because Europe is changing fast. I could see a Lightning style BEV in Ranger’s future, might be the crowning glory before a dedicated BEV chassis later in the decade.

Edited by jpd80

On 3/1/2022 at 7:18 AM, T-dubz said:

Really liking the sport trim.2023-ford-everest-sport.jpg2023-ford-everest-sport.jpg2023-ford-everest-sport.jpg

Also the interior accent lighting looks pretty cool. Is this also available on the ranger?

2023-ford-everest-platinum.jpg

Don’t worry, that accent lighting will be removed six months after launch because people like it too much, but I digress.  

They did a really nice job on this.  I don’t see how there isn’t a place in the NA market for this vehicle since it’s styling is so different than current vehicles and dimensions aren’t a copy of anything else either.  It reminds me of the second generation Escape styling, which I thought was good. 

Edited by tbone
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, tbone said:

Don’t worry, that accent lighting will be removed six months after launch because people like it too much, but I digress.  

They did a really nice job on this.  I don’t see how there isn’t a place in the NA market for this vehicle since it’s styling is so different than current vehicles and dimensions aren’t a copy of anything else either.  It reminds me of the second generation Escape styling, which I thought was good. 

I think it could replace Edge as a 2 row utility even though it’s quite different, especially in 2wd form.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2022 at 1:12 PM, jasonj80 said:

Some of it is Ford's fault with allocation where people ordering early still don't have build dates where people who ordered months after do; but the major thing beyond their control is there isn't enough vehicles. Ford didn't think the Bronco was going to be sold out for 2+ model years and that Maverick and Lightning were going to be the smash hits they have become and add to that the commodity shortages that doesn't allow them to make extra units.

It has been good though as people now realize they can order a car and get what they want, I can't get over how many people didn't know you could do this before. 

Yeah, I think reservations should be built in order regardless/separate from dealer allocation.  But I guess big dealer groups would put up a stink for smaller dealers like Granger that give good offers and get a ton of orders.

23 hours ago, akirby said:

Don’t recall any complaints with Mach-E either.  It’s a great system without supply chain issues and production delays.  The only tricky part is balancing  orders between dealers.  It would be great if they built all reservations first in chronological order but as we saw with Bronco that doesn’t work.

The reservation system only seems to go haywire with overwhelming demand, coupled with production constraints/global supply issues.

I think in a normal environment (i.e. like pre-covid) and normal product launch, the reservation system would've worked fine.

4 hours ago, akirby said:

Question is where to build it in NA?

Given it's Ranger-based, it'd have to be MAP, which doesn't really have room without expansion with Ranger and Bronco there.

Regarding the Everest itself, I like it a lot, and I'm starting to think there could be a market for it here as companies continue to plug any and every segment with additional SUVs.

Its form is more upright than the more sleek Explorer, so it could appeal to a slightly different customer that may want something more boxy, but not as purely rugged as Bronco.  As someone mentioned, if you limit it to 2 row only a la Grand Cherokee (pre "L" model), that could further differentiate it from Explorer if they're worried about too much overlap there.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I'm talking longer term.

And I was talking short term -  5-8 years or so.  I understand why Edge is odd man out in the bigger scheme but there will be a real gap between Escape and Aviator for folks who don’t want BEVs.  

17 minutes ago, akirby said:

And I was talking short term -  5-8 years or so.  I understand why Edge is odd man out in the bigger scheme but there will be a real gap between Escape and Aviator for folks who don’t want BEVs.  

Yeah, I don't understand what they're doing there either.

• Like 2

While no Everest was originally planned for North America, the Chinese version is already designed with 2.3 Ecoboost engine, so if Ford ever changed its mind on building at MAP, there’s an opportunity if Farley wants to but it would mean three shifts and maybe weekends to keep up…….of course assuming unlimited chips and other resources.

Lots of ifs and buts in the above and the Everest looks nice enough to win a lot of buyers in the North America as like a Grand Cherokee alternative - a V6 Ecoboost for good measure or maybe even the V6 diesel…

Edited by jpd80

8 hours ago, jpd80 said:

While no Everest was originally planned for North America, the Chinese version is already designed with 2.3 Ecoboost engine, so if Ford ever changed its mind on building at MAP, there’s an opportunity if Farley wants to but it would mean three shifts and maybe weekends to keep up…….of course assuming unlimited chips and other resources.

Lots of ifs and buts in the above and the Everest looks nice enough to win a lot of buyers in the North America as like a Grand Cherokee alternative - a V6 Ecoboost for good measure or maybe even the V6 diesel…

Make it 2.3 and 2.7 (assuming the latter will fit) only, and leave the 3.0 to Explorer......I doubt a Raptor Everest will become a thing.

16 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Make it 2.3 and 2.7 (assuming the latter will fit) only, and leave the 3.0 to Explorer......I doubt a Raptor Everest will become a thing.

Sport trim with V6 diesel looks to be the preferred direction with Everest and I get that for our market,

the diesel V6 has a lot less power than the EB V6 but fuel economy is massively better….