Ford Preferred/Budget Pkg Service Plans

Latebraking

Thanks in advance for everyone's input -

I did a search, but didn't see any previous threads discussing the topic, and sorry if it's like asking which engine oil is best.... ; ) :

Next week, I'm set to finally pick up my '22 F350 Lariat 7.3.  Speaking with the finance guy, he gave me an overview of a couple warranty/maintenance plans. One costs $10,500 and cover everything, always for 7 yrs/100k miles. The 'budget' plan covers mechanical & electronics for 7 yrs./100K for $4000. Currently, I have a 2015 Silverado half-ton with 45K miles and is in near perfect condition and only a couple problems that needed attention. I will be driving quite a bit more with the Ford, because I'm gonna be traveling around in semi retirement - I haven't decided about that being a permanent decision yet.

Is the F350 gasser problematic? I haven't heard of any major issues that would make the preferred package a worthwhile expense. What about the electronics? Is the center display prone to failure? Do the power mirrors shit the bed on a regular basis?  Has the previous 2 years of covid issues created quality control issues the owner ends up dealing with? This isn't a first year model, so hopefully, the bugs have pretty much been worked out.

PREFERRED:
-Includes Ford's 7YR/100K Premium Care Plan- Covers 100% of your Mechanical & Electronics on the truck w/$100 Deductable per repair.
-Includes Ford's 7YR/100K Premium Maintenance Plan-Covers 100$ of your maintenance needs every 5,000 miles. NO Deductable
-Includes Ford Tire & Wheel Plan-Covers 100% of your Tire & Wheel repair and replacement due to Road Hazards. No Deductable
-Includes Kalispell Ford's Northwest Protection Plan-Covers 100% of your Windshield repair & replacement. No Deductable. It Covers your dents & dings on the sides of your truck. No Deductable. It covers your paint & interior as well for environmental wearing and road solutions & chemicals. It covers the interior from: rips, tears, burns, stains, and more. (Adds $10,475 to the purchase price)

BUDGET:
-Includes Ford's 7YR/100K Premium Care Plan- Covers 100% of your Mechanical & Electronics ONLY on the truck w/$100 Deductable per repair. (Adds $3,995 to the purchase price)

I'd like feedback from fellow Super Duty owners' experiences with warranty and maintenance issues, and informed opinions about whether these plans would be used enough to justify their costs.

FORD PREMCARE BROCHURE.pdf

FORD PREMIUM MAINTENANCE BROCHURE.pdf

Fords Tire & Wheel Brochure.pdf

There will be folks here that will give you the names of dealers that sell extended warranties and maintenance plans at prices significantly lower than what you’ve mentioned.  I don’t have those dealer names stored in my older memory.  Also, be aware that you have until right before your basic bumper to bumper warranty expires on your new truck to make a decision on this.  Don’t let your dealership finance person rush you into something without having time for proper research and consideration before making the investment.  My $.02.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mirage Flatter said:

There will be folks here that will give you the names of dealers that sell extended warranties and maintenance plans at prices significantly lower than what you’ve mentioned.  I don’t have those dealer names stored in my older memory.  Also, be aware that you have until right before your basic bumper to bumper warranty expires on your new truck to make a decision on this.  Don’t let your dealership finance person rush you into something without having time for proper research and consideration before making the investment.  My $.02.

I'd be interested to hear the options from other dealers. To be fair to the dealer, he only presented the options & scenarios of plan use - no pressure - which I appreciated.

Those numbers are ridiculous.

Contact Flood Ford, they sell the plans much less expensive.

I chose to go with maintenance plan for my 6.7D.  We expect to be doing a lot of travel, and may or may not be near home to do oil and fuel filter changes myself.  Maintenance plan costs, pretty much are net zero to paying a shop to do them.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, road turtle said:

Those numbers are ridiculous.

Contact Flood Ford, they sell the plans much less expensive.

I chose to go with maintenance plan for my 6.7D.  We expect to be doing a lot of travel, and may or may not be near home to do oil and fuel filter changes myself.  Maintenance plan costs, pretty much are net zero to paying a shop to do them.

Can you give me contact info for Flood Ford, please?

Does their plan tie you to that dealership, or can you use their plan nationwide?

23 minutes ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

Wow!  That's quite a difference in plan prices (for the same thing?).  Thank you for posting that. I had no idea. Everyone's suggestion for Flood Ford helps calm my mind - and wallet.

For those of us in Florida, this comes up every time on FloodFords website... "We are sorry but due to Florida law, Florida Residents are not eligible for online service contracts. Please contact your local dealer." I don't know about any truth to this, but the Zeiglerford site gave me a quote. As I don't have a truck yet, I'm not going to try and purchase it. Maybe at that step it'll stop me?

29 minutes ago, CaptainKopper said:

For those of us in Florida, this comes up every time on FloodFords website... "We are sorry but due to Florida law, Florida Residents are not eligible for online service contracts. Please contact your local dealer." I don't know about any truth to this, but the Zeiglerford site gave me a quote. As I don't have a truck yet, I'm not going to try and purchase it. Maybe at that step it'll stop me?

As stupid as it sound, it is illegal in Florida.

1 hour ago, Latebraking said:

Does this mean that Ford dealerships in florida will not honor the online warranty/service contract an out-of-state visitor has if they come in for service or warranty work?

We could only hope, Florida is full, please take your traffic else where ?. I highly doubt that would be the case, I'm assuming given the verbiage of "Florida Residents" just means we cannot buy it. 

1 hour ago, CaptainKopper said:

We could only hope, Florida is full, please take your traffic else where ?. I highly doubt that would be the case, I'm assuming given the verbiage of "Florida Residents" just means we cannot buy it. 

I grew up in Port Orange, not far from the speedway. I can come back anytime I want.  There's always room for me..... ?

3 hours ago, Latebraking said:

Does this mean that Ford dealerships in florida will not honor the online warranty/service contract an out-of-state visitor has if they come in for service or warranty work?

I don’t think it would affect you or your warranty - Ford doesn’t care where you bought it,  But the dealer selling it is in violation of the law unless they are licensed in Florida (and they’re not going to that much expense or trouble) so it’s on them if Florida wants to prosecute,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, akirby said:

I don’t think it would affect you or your warranty - Ford doesn’t care where you bought it,  But the dealer selling it is in violation of the law unless they are licensed in Florida (and they’re not going to that much expense or trouble) so it’s on them if Florida wants to prosecute,

Will the premium care pay for the replacement of LED lights? On FLOOD's site you can add LED light coverage for like another 150 bucks (approx). 

5 hours ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

Will the premium care pay for the replacement of LED lights? On FLOOD's site you can add LED light coverage for like another 150 bucks (approx). 

Hi OREGUN. Even with the PremiumCare contract, in order to have LED lighting repair/replacement coverage, you need to add the LED lighting option. I would also recommend adding the Key Coverage.

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1