Super Duty Accessories

tcritch3

On 2/28/2022 at 11:55 AM, tcritch3 said:

Probably this one:

Screen Protector Compatible with 2022 Super Duty Sync 4 12 Inch Touchscreen,9H Hardess Shock Resistant,2022 Super Duty F250 F350 F450 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09P9QMZWW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_TN5V2BQ4FRQ92A7XNJFM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Be sure that you get one that fits 2022 SD ... I am sending mine back to Amazon.

It is about 1/4" to large in both dimensions ... might fit if you remove the bezel to install?

43 minutes ago, Mefly2 said:

Be sure that you get one that fits 2022 SD ... I am sending mine back to Amazon.

It is about 1/4" to large in both dimensions ... might fit if you remove the bezel to install?

Oh bummer! The one I ended up buying says it fits the 2022 F350, did yours say that but still didn’t work?

Screen Protector Compatible with 2022 Super Duty Sync 4 12 Inch Touchscreen,9H Hardess Shock Resistant,2022 Super Duty F250 F350 F450 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09P9QMZWW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_6NYT4ER12E5X5FS811N2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

On 3/15/2022 at 4:44 AM, JT42 said:

Dangit, I have been getting this confused all week! 
It’s Bulletpoint. In the review section of the mount, a user posted one on a 350 platinum with a 12” display. I also sent customer service a message asking about it said it will work. 

I should have it this week and I’ll report back with some pics. 

20 minute install of the BulletPoint Mount. Hardest part was getting the B&O speaker cover off without breaking a clip. I would recommend the 8 dollar Harbor Freight Nylon Trim removal tools. Very sturdy mount, should meet my needs.

bulletpoint 1.png

bulletpoint 2.png

1 hour ago, JT42 said:

20 minute install of the BulletPoint Mount. Hardest part was getting the B&O speaker cover off without breaking a clip. I would recommend the 8 dollar Harbor Freight Nylon Trim removal tools. Very sturdy mount, should meet my needs.

bulletpoint 1.png

bulletpoint 2.png

I like that a lot, guess it’s going on the list!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Borla has their S Type cat back exhaust out now for the 7.3. Usually check it every few days, so it must have just been added. 

Edit: They call the standard bed a short bed and a long bed a standard bed. Had me confused for a minute when looking at their wheelbase measurements. 

Screenshot_20220316-233514_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Gharri30
Add Info
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 9:37 PM, tcritch3 said:

I like that a lot, guess it’s going on the list!

@tcritch3 of course it’s going on the list. We love spending money on accessories for rigs we don’t even have yet… but will soon! I really really really have to stop reading this thread, because now I need one of these! I forget who said it, but to quote him, this forum is dangerous ?

• Haha 2

Weather tech Mud Flaps install in about 1 hour was drinking a beer or two. Fitment is really good, to me they look like they belong on the truck. Happy with the way the turned out. 

Next up Rigid SR SAE Compliant 30"light bar and front bumper mount, and a set of Rigid tail lights. Going to try to wire both to respective circuits (high beam/reverse) and also as independent via upfitters. Be awhile for some of the parts though. 

1211987010_mud1.thumb.png.5947770e0f7e1ef8ab221cde1c292adc.png478704568_mud2.thumb.png.6c3597ffc17a0e519d817675cf490cfd.png

Edited by JT42
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JT42 said:

Weather tech Mud Flaps install in about 1 hour was drinking a beer or two. Fitment is really good, to me they look like they belong on the truck. Happy with the way the turned out. 

Next up Rigid SR SAE Compliant 30"light bar and front bumper mount, and a set of Rigid tail lights. Going to try to wire both to respective circuits (high beam/reverse) and also as independent via upfitters. Be awhile for some of the parts though. 

1211987010_mud1.thumb.png.5947770e0f7e1ef8ab221cde1c292adc.png478704568_mud2.thumb.png.6c3597ffc17a0e519d817675cf490cfd.png

Been trying to decide if I want to try and throw some mud flaps at mine when it arrives. Not sure if they'll just be in the way of a 4" lift with 37x13.5s though. Those look good though. Blend nicely. 

14 minutes ago, Gharri30 said:

Been trying to decide if I want to try and throw some mud flaps at mine when it arrives. Not sure if they'll just be in the way of a 4" lift with 37x13.5s though. Those look good though. Blend nicely. 

I was back and forth on the power running boards v/s the standard tremor/raptor boards.

I am glad I went with the off road boards, the duratracs much like the BFG's on my Raptor throw a ton of small rocks. The duratracs may be worse for this. The boards take out a lot of them, the flaps will take care of the rest.

Ya I agree with you on the 4" lift, not sure on that either would have to see some pictures. 

• Like 1

Aww man I almost forgot about the most important accessory to add for me personally. For my fellow gun owners.... this hardmount will go into the new ride. I have a makeshift plastic mount that I had to modify to make work and have been running about 8 years in my current truck. It's not pretty but gets the job done. This placement works well for me because it's hidden behind my leg when looking in, easily accessible by just reaching down and allows me to draw out of the holster without worrying if Im going to pull the holster with it, like it would if I was just to clip it onto the side pocket of the console. So this mount will be a welcome addition to the Super Duty. Pics suck but only ones I ever took of it. 

Screenshot_20220318-212809_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220318-212908_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220318-212824_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220318-212819_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gharri30 said:

Aww man I almost forgot about the most important accessory to add for me personally. For my fellow gun owners.... this hardmount will go into the new ride. I have a makeshift plastic mount that I had to modify to make work and have been running about 8 years in my current truck. It's not pretty but gets the job done. This placement works well for me because it's hidden behind my leg when looking in, easily accessible by just reaching down and allows me to draw out of the holster without worrying if Im going to pull the holster with it, like it would if I was just to clip it onto the side pocket of the console. So this mount will be a welcome addition to the Super Duty. Pics suck but only ones I ever took of it. 

I have been looking around for something like this as well. Thanks for sharing the location piece, ill have to scope one out, and the right spot in the truck. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JT42 said:

I have been looking around for something like this as well. Thanks for sharing the location piece, ill have to scope one out, and the right spot in the truck. 

This new one takes a separate clip that attaches to the holster as well. Have different ones depending on your holster. So this setup isn't as cheap as my original one but it's a lot cleaner and sturdier. Its a fairly new product that is made by NeoMag. 

https://theneomag.com/shop/alias/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2022 at 5:31 AM, Sox3 said:

Installed Roll n Lock bed cover. Had one on our last truck, 10yrs with no issues. Also spray in bed liner by Rhino Liners.

20220315_182602.jpg

20220315_182546.jpg

I'm looking at getting the same cover, did you have to attach anything to the tail gate to lock the cover?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KKosi said:

I'm looking at getting the same cover, did you have to attach anything to the tail gate to lock the cover?

No, they changed the locks so cover locks to rails not tailgate. Tailgate can be opened with cover closed and locked

20220315_182611.jpg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Gharri30 said:

This new one takes a separate clip that attaches to the holster as well. Have different ones depending on your holster. So this setup isn't as cheap as my original one but it's a lot cleaner and sturdier. Its a fairly new product that is made by NeoMag. 

https://theneomag.com/shop/alias/

Hello Gharri30, I am hoping to hear your thoughts on this and maybe others as well. I’m a huge advocate for personal protection and concealed carry. I’m generally not such a fan of off-body carry, which this is, for many reasons. So how does this set up work for you?  Do you transition to a concealed carry holster when you get out of the truck or does the pistol stay in the truck? And vise versa, do you have to un-holster every time you go to get in your truck?  Wouldn’t it be better to just carry concealed and always be armed?  Please don’t take offense at my questions, I genuinely want to know the thought process here. Also sorry if this was a hijack of the thread. 

On 3/17/2022 at 11:23 AM, Gharri30 said:

Edit: They call the standard bed a short bed and a long bed a standard bed. Had me confused for a minute when looking at their wheelbase measurements. 

When I was in HS, long bed meant 10' or more.  The vast majority of pickups were 8' ergo  standard. Of course, the vast majority were 2 door also.  I guess as 4 doors became more standard, bed length shortened. 

• Like 1

I'm wondering if anyone knows of some decent looking clear floor mats? Seems a waste to have all that nice carpet in there and cover it with black rubber or whatever.  If not clear then maybe color matching? 

I'm also wondering if it's possible to buy the motor(s) and other parts for an F-150 power tailgate and put them on an F-350? 

11 hours ago, MT350 said:

Hello Gharri30, I am hoping to hear your thoughts on this and maybe others as well. I’m a huge advocate for personal protection and concealed carry. I’m generally not such a fan of off-body carry, which this is, for many reasons. So how does this set up work for you?  Do you transition to a concealed carry holster when you get out of the truck or does the pistol stay in the truck? And vise versa, do you have to un-holster every time you go to get in your truck?  Wouldn’t it be better to just carry concealed and always be armed?  Please don’t take offense at my questions, I genuinely want to know the thought process here. Also sorry if this was a hijack of the thread. 

Good questions and no offense taken. This holster is just a cheap $20 holster that I got to specifically stay in my truck. I usually just transition my firearm itself from my concealed holster to this one in the truck. This allows me not to have to worry about clearing my clothing or seat belt when driving. It's easy for me to slide my hand by my leg and not as noticeable as reaching for my belt line. Then when I get where I'm going and parked, release the seat belt and just transition my pistol from the truck holster to my on body holster before I ever get out. I understand everyone is different and may not work for everyone and others may not agree with it. After testing drawing off body and out of truck holster while buckled in, this just worked best for me and I felt was my best bet in a situation that would require me to do so. 

1 hour ago, Gharri30 said:

Yes, sorry about the minor thread hijack. So we're back on topic, who's going to be the first to install these......... ?

Screenshot_20220319-150639_Instagram.jpg

lol you probably made a light bulb go off in someone head out there! 

Edited by JT42
  • Like 2