Super Duty Accessories

tcritch3

2 hours ago, Gharri30 said:

Yes, sorry about the minor thread hijack. So we're back on topic, who's going to be the first to install these......... ?

Screenshot_20220319-150639_Instagram.jpg

Ok that was hilarious and made my morning. I immediately sent it to my girlfriend and she now wants them for “her side.”

And thanks for getting back to me Gharri30 on the off-topic thing. Would like to talk further but would have to be its own thread I suppose. 

1 hour ago, MT350 said:

Ok that was hilarious and made my morning. I immediately sent it to my girlfriend and she now wants them for “her side.”

And thanks for getting back to me Gharri30 on the off-topic thing. Would like to talk further but would have to be its own thread I suppose. 

I took the screenshot from a video. They actually had yhem wired in and working. ?

Anytime, just let me know. Always down to get others insights and info. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gharri30 said:

Yes, sorry about the minor thread hijack. So we're back on topic, who's going to be the first to install these......... ?

Screenshot_20220319-150639_Instagram.jpg

Now think about this though' glue a piece of plastic astroturf to that bottom step. Then with a bottle of water you can clean the crud off the bottom of your shoes/boots before you get in. Not so silly now,  eh? You could even attach a bottle holder to the top step so it right there when you need it if you remember to fill it. And keep a wash cloth and drying towel in the door pocket. It would be like a little valet service.  Now if there was a good way for it to dispense martinis.....

Edited by 4thTimer
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, 4thTimer said:

Aren't rail caps standard? Or maybe you are talking about something different from what I am thinking. 

ABS Plastic I think.. they attach to the top of the bed side panel to keep the top of the bed rails from scratches and such.  Had them on my 03 Ranger and saved a LOT of paint chips from flying around and dents.

On 3/16/2022 at 5:48 PM, 35FordTudor said:

I need to let people know that Monday afternoon I had placed the order for the BedRug. The shipment arrived on Tuesday afternoon, shocked that this showed up so fast. With delays and out of stock on everything, giving a shout out to RealTruck.com 855-264-8997

Interesting... Do you think it can be cut to make holes for a 5th wheel hitch legs?

35 minutes ago, EB1959 said:

ABS Plastic I think.. they attach to the top of the bed side panel to keep the top of the bed rails from scratches and such.  Had them on my 03 Ranger and saved a LOT of paint chips from flying around and dents.

You mean like on the rails here? (Not the spoiler.)

image.png.2b6f2d6c82513be65b4766f37b2f04dd.png

You should get them standardwiththe truck.

If not, my '17 Ranger didn't have them so I had the spray in liner cover them. 

20220321_072943.thumb.jpg.17b83dad7a85aee500086784897bf95b.jpg

Edited by 4thTimer

On 3/20/2022 at 8:16 AM, Gharri30 said:

Good questions and no offense taken. This holster is just a cheap $20 holster that I got to specifically stay in my truck. I usually just transition my firearm itself from my concealed holster to this one in the truck. This allows me not to have to worry about clearing my clothing or seat belt when driving. It's easy for me to slide my hand by my leg and not as noticeable as reaching for my belt line. Then when I get where I'm going and parked, release the seat belt and just transition my pistol from the truck holster to my on body holster before I ever get out. I understand everyone is different and may not work for everyone and others may not agree with it. After testing drawing off body and out of truck holster while buckled in, this just worked best for me and I felt was my best bet in a situation that would require me to do so. 

During an IDPA competition, they set up an extra non scored stage with a auto.  It's a scrap auto, so inadvertent discharge wouldn't impact any thing.  We told to carry as we normally do, and the firearm was checked to be unloaded three times.  Once by you, under the watchful eye or RSO.  He then took the firearm and cleared it himself.  And you were required to clear it again after he handed it back to you.  Watching people struggle with their conceal carry, while seated in the car with seat belt on was hilarious.  To make it more fun, the bad guy was at the drivers window.  Since I mostly OC, it was a piece of cake for me...  Now, since we're cruising through multiple states with the 5th wheel, I've transition to mostly CC, and I'm very mindful of the fact that now I have to deal with it behind my back.  Luckily my wife mostly appendix carries, so she in theory be able to buy a little bit of time until i can also get engaged.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, road turtle said:

During an IDPA competition, they set up an extra non scored stage with a auto.  It's a scrap auto, so inadvertent discharge wouldn't impact any thing.  We told to carry as we normally do, and the firearm was checked to be unloaded three times.  Once by you, under the watchful eye or RSO.  He then took the firearm and cleared it himself.  And you were required to clear it again after he handed it back to you.  Watching people struggle with their conceal carry, while seated in the car with seat belt on was hilarious.  To make it more fun, the bad guy was at the drivers window.  Since I mostly OC, it was a piece of cake for me...  Now, since we're cruising through multiple states with the 5th wheel, I've transition to mostly CC, and I'm very mindful of the fact that now I have to deal with it behind my back.  Luckily my wife mostly appendix carries, so she in theory be able to buy a little bit of time until i can also get engaged.

Hahaha, hope you don't spend too much time crossing Illinois or California!!!  I spent many years crossing between Kansas and Indiana.  Always HATED crossing Illinois.  

F350 xl 7.3. Hopefully get built soon

Already got

Front hitch

Tint

Spray in liner

Headache rack 

Seat covers

Air ride suspension

Window visors

And built my own power box while im waiting

Later wants

Tires and whhels

Hard cover

Step bars

20220321_150304.jpg

20220321_150311.jpg

20220321_150332.jpg

19 hours ago, paulwb said:

F350 xl 7.3. Hopefully get built soon

Already got

Front hitch

Tint

Spray in liner

Headache rack 

Seat covers

Air ride suspension

Window visors

And built my own power box while im waiting

Later wants

Tires and whhels

Hard cover

Step bars

Wow and I thought I was going to be cool running an Anderson plug on my frame for an inverter hook up LOL. 

4 hours ago, FirstFord22 said:

Dammit, more money spent on the rig. It’s  like getting the nursery together before the baby arrives! Just purchased the BAKflip G2 tonneau cover. I think that’s all… ?

Ohh what's that..... you need some more new ideas? We gotcha!!

4 hours ago, JT42 said:

Wow and I thought I was going to be cool running an Anderson plug on my frame for an inverter hook up LOL. 

Thanks. I had this in my f150 in the bed but new truck not getting a topper so this will work out better.. Still finishing up but cant complete til in truck and hook up air bag solenoids and charging cable to truck batteries. 

On 3/21/2022 at 12:07 PM, CBears said:

Hahaha, hope you don't spend too much time crossing Illinois or California!!!  I spent many years crossing between Kansas and Indiana.  Always HATED crossing Illinois.  

IL isn't actually all that bad for for conceal carry holders traversing the state.  It's a little quirky, but I live in MI where we have some really stupid firearm laws.

On 3/20/2022 at 7:10 PM, EB1959 said:

Interesting... Do you think it can be cut to make holes for a 5th wheel hitch legs?

EB, Yes this would work for the Legs. Installation was easy and about 2 hours for the first one. I believe I could cut the time down on the second one.

• Like 1