Super Duty Accessories

tcritch3

3 hours ago, Rogue6 said:

Anyone done the diode dynamics SS3 fog light kit swap.  I ordered them with the yellow backlighting that I plan on making my DRL.

These look cool, make sure to send over some pics once you get them on. Very tidy looking mount as well. 

15 hours ago, road turtle said:

IL isn't actually all that bad for for conceal carry holders traversing the state.  It's a little quirky, but I live in MI where we have some really stupid firearm laws.

I feel bad for you.  I'm in Kansas where they darn near assign you a .380 on the way out of the hospital.  Heck, I've literally got my own 40 yard pistol range in my back yard.  God Bless America!!!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JT42 said:

These look cool, make sure to send over some pics once you get them on. Very tidy looking mount as well. 

Will do, super fast shipping, they were delivered this morning and I ordered on Sunday.  Will hopefully install this weekend.

Thinking about switching my tonneau to the diamondback type with the extension on the back to hold two atvs on the 6.75’ bed. Anyone seen someone with this setup while pulling a travel trailer? Once I get my truck I was going to mock it up with cardboard to see if I’d have enough clearance for it to work on tight turns but wanted to throw it out here too in case someone has already seen that it works with that. 

• Like 1

I need to get some nerf bars recoated. Trying to decide between powder coat or bed liner. Powder coat I think looks better but line x will not chip or scratch. Can you keep line x from fading like it does in the bed?

Edited by Wolf1

I just installed the Raptor Style grill lights from custom auto works on my 22 xlt 250

Pretty straight forward install. I did remove my grill and passenger side head light to make the install easier. I plugged in the wiring harness to the parking light which besides running with heads on also lights up the front when leaving the vehicle until it times out. Great product at a reasonable price.

20220328_125439.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, buckstop515 said:

I just installed the Raptor Style grill lights from custom auto works on my 22 xlt 250

Pretty straight forward install. I did remove my grill and passenger side head light to make the install easier. I plugged in the wiring harness to the parking light which besides running with heads on also lights up the front when leaving the vehicle until it times out. Great product at a reasonable price.

20220328_125439.jpg

@buckstop515 I purchased the same lights from them. I can’t wait to get the rig so I can put them on

14 hours ago, FirstFord22 said:

@buckstop515 I purchased the same lights from them. I can’t wait to get the rig so I can put them on

Do yourself a favor and just remove the grill and passenger headlight. In the long run it saves time. The lower bolt on the headlight is a 13mm. Also run your wiring in front of the radiator and into the sideby your air box. The instructions are pretty poor.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 12:30 PM, JT42 said:

Wow and I thought I was going to be cool running an Anderson plug on my frame for an inverter hook up LOL. 

Thanks. I had this in my f150 in the bed but new truck not getting a topper so this will work out better.. Still finishing up but cant complete til in truck and hook up air bag solenoids and charging cable to truck batteries. 

20220324_155704.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/27/2022 at 10:30 AM, tcritch3 said:

Thinking about switching my tonneau to the diamondback type with the extension on the back to hold two atvs on the 6.75’ bed. Anyone seen someone with this setup while pulling a travel trailer? Once I get my truck I was going to mock it up with cardboard to see if I’d have enough clearance for it to work on tight turns but wanted to throw it out here too in case someone has already seen that it works with that. 

At first I thought the diamondback would be a PITA but after I saw one in person, and how they work with removal if necessary, this is now going to be the cover I go with i.e. diamondback HD. Free shipping as well, for lower 48 is hard to beat for this type of cover. Installation looks to be a breeze as well. 

Just going to see what comes in faster my lights or the cover... growing impatient not being able to feed my modding habit. I do have ceramic coating going on, on Friday so there is that. 

• Like 2

On 3/28/2022 at 3:44 PM, buckstop515 said:

20220328_125439.jpg

Did the chair get a work out as a step stool to the engine bay?

I was doing some environmentally unfriendly things over the weekend to a friends 2019 F250 6.7L. I bought this work platform below from HF and it was a perfect height for the engine work we were doing. 

HF.png

Edited by JT42

3 hours ago, JT42 said:

At first I thought the diamondback would be a PITA but after I saw one in person, and how they work with removal if necessary, this is now going to be the cover I go with i.e. diamondback HD. Free shipping as well, for lower 48 is hard to beat for this type of cover. Installation looks to be a breeze as well. 

Just going to see what comes in faster my lights or the cover... growing impatient not being able to feed my modding habit. I do have ceramic coating going on, on Friday so there is that. 

Same! My brother has one on a long bed and it’s pretty sweet. I didn’t know they had the extension piece either until recently so my shortbed could haul two atvs at one time. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JT42 said:

Did the chair get a work out as a step stool to the engine bay?

I was doing some environmentally unfriendly things over the weekend to a friends 2019 F250 6.7L. I bought this work platform below from HF and it was a perfect height for the engine work we were doing. 

HF.png

I have one of those. No I didnt use the chair as a step. Just a cheap walmart thing. The platform is nice but I still have to use a ladder to reach the roof and Im 6'.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 3:44 PM, buckstop515 said:

20220328_125439.jpg

Where did you get them from? 

On 3/30/2022 at 12:08 AM, tcritch3 said:

Same! My brother has one on a long bed and it’s pretty sweet. I didn’t know they had the extension piece either until recently so my shortbed could haul two atvs at one time. 

Was looking at shipping information on the diamondback website today, and came across their outlet page. I do not know what truck you have on order, the bed length, or your taste in cosmetics (aluminum or flat black) but I saw this on their website used on the outlet page, has some cosmetic damage but discounted with the SXS kit installed. Not sure if it will work but figured I would share. 

https://diamondbackcovers.com/collections/diamondback-outlet/products/outlet-diamondback-hd-96979

Edited by JT42

35 minutes ago, JT42 said:

Was looking at shipping information on the diamondback website today, and came across their outlet page. I do not know what truck you have on order, the bed length, or your taste in cosmetics (aluminum or flat black) but I saw this on their website used on the outlet page, has some cosmetic damage but discounted with the SXS kit installed. Not sure if it will work but figured I would share. 

https://diamondbackcovers.com/collections/diamondback-outlet/products/outlet-diamondback-hd-96979

Thanks! I will take a look at it.

• Like 1

More expensive apperance parts. I'm about positive I'm going to have my mirror caps, fender badges, ovals and grill color matched with black accents thrown in. The caps will definitely be carbonized, fender badges and ovals will be a mix of carbonzied and black, as well as the grill. I will be swapping out the Lariat grill for a Platinum one (like the look of it better and have some plans for it). Havent decided if Im going to wait on the truck and have my parts painted or just buy some and have them done then just sell my BAP pieces upon arrival. Question is do you guys think I should go with a gloss black or the Agate Black? Some pics provided of how I plan on the pieces looking for the most part, outter edge of the oval will stay black. 

Screenshot_20220401-000356_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20220331-201958_YouTube.jpg

5 hours ago, 08DURAMAX said:

What floor mats does everyone recommend? I have weathertechs in my suburban and am not impressed. 

I ordered the Husky X-act Contour liners. They’re laser molded but much more pliable than the WeatherTech that I have in my Yukon. A little pricey but I think well worth it

10 hours ago, 08DURAMAX said:

What floor mats does everyone recommend? I have weathertechs in my suburban and am not impressed. 

I have had the WeatherTech floor liners in my current truck for 8 or so years. Never had an issue out of them. One did get folded up in the door somehow and wouldn't flatten back out, contacted them and they shipped me out a replacement. It seems people either have a great experience with them or a terrible one. Thinking about giving their new line a try for my new truck or giving the Huskys a try. Seems other have good things to say about them. 

Edited by Gharri30

I went with the new style WeatherTech as well and really like them. They are more of a matte finish, fit well, and are not slippery. Of course I keep a towel on them because I don’t like getting even my floor mats dirty!

Waiting 6+ months for my new F350 has given me plenty of time to acquire accessories and upgrades.  First time I've had a garage full of upgrades waiting for a vehicle to put them on.  Things like: console refrigerator, exhaust, pedal modifier, tool and fuel box, swing out bedside boxes, oil and filters for the next several changes, 32.5K fifth wheel hitch, gooseneck ball kit,  wheel well liners, a ranch in front bumper on order, and other stuff I can't remember the moment.  Yes, it's a sickness.......