Super Duty Accessories

tcritch3

2 hours ago, SpartanFan23 said:

So many fun things to add to my truck, and I don't even have a VIN yet! 

The list keeps growing from a tonneau cover, to a new hitch, to a stubby antenna, to mud flaps, new running boards, not to mention the idea of new wheels and tires.

That is part of the fun! ? 

Anyone have a good rear seat cover recommendation? Looking for something that fits, without just hanging real loose, and is fairly sturdy and won't tear. I will have two cars seats in the back so want to protect the seats as best as possible. Have been looking at Marathon Seat Covers, fairly pricey though. 

20 hours ago, Gharri30 said:

Anyone have a good rear seat cover recommendation? Looking for something that fits, without just hanging real loose, and is fairly sturdy and won't tear. I will have two cars seats in the back so want to protect the seats as best as possible. Have been looking at Marathon Seat Covers, fairly pricey though. 

Tiger tough by Linex. Love mine. 

422250DB-8791-4A0D-B4E4-C690AD43229C.jpeg

Got the S&B 60 gallon tank installed at it's pretty sweet to see a DTE of 956 miles :) I know that doesn't mean much when towing, but it will give me much greater fuel security when I'm out on the road with the 5th wheel. If I start looking for a station when I'm at 1/4 of a tank, I know I have some time before I need to worry about it. The only bad part is when you go to the gas station and it takes 3 runs of the credit card to fill up the tank ?

Still need to install the Covercraft Leatherette Custom Seat Covers but it's been too cold around here lately. It should be easier to install the covers once it warms up a bit around here.

The dashcam was installed today. Fairly decent wiring job tucked inside the headliner, down the A-pillar, and to the BCM fuse box for the ACC & B+ connections. Here is a short sample of the video:

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Lord of Lights said:

Which Dashcam did you installed. Great video.

The one I bought was a Redtiger 4K dashcam from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B098WVKF19?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

It has a few nice features like GPS tagging (optional), speed tagging (optional), continuous loop mode, etc. It came with a rear camera and I will probably install that later.Just wanted to get the forward facing done first. Also, many of these cameras operate from 5V so you need an adapter kit:

https://www.amazon.com/Hardwire-Miofive-Converts-Installation-Protection/dp/B09JNMRGXK/

You can use a different one, but if you want to use "Parking Mode", (recording while ACC is off), you will need something like the above. It also comes with all of the fuse adapters that you might need (Micro2 for my Ford truck).

• Like 2

On 4/27/2022 at 4:52 PM, AtlasBlue350 said:

Got the S&B 60 gallon tank installed at it's pretty sweet to see a DTE of 956 miles 

Does the external tank gage send the tank level to the computer to calculate that or do you just reset it when you fill up and the system approximates the remaining amount from the miles driven?  When the gas gage reads 1/4th, is that 1/4th of the total or just the OEM tank?

5 hours ago, 4thTimer said:

Does the external tank gage send the tank level to the computer to calculate that or do you just reset it when you fill up and the system approximates the remaining amount from the miles driven?  When the gas gage reads 1/4th, is that 1/4th of the total or just the OEM tank?

You update the truck's computer using Forscan or a tool available from S&B.

Like ScottK1 mentioned, I used Forscan to change the tank size for a 60 gallon tank so the DTE would be accurate. Plus I did a few other changes so that I would not get the double honk on exit (with engine running), security idle, Bambi mode, and a few others. My next mod will probably be Airlift 5000 air bags. I had those on my Duramax and they really smoothed out the ride when pulling the 5th wheel.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, tcritch3 said:

Got the tint done today! Just need to put on my diamondback tonneau and it will be the last of the accessories for now! Smoked cab lights were installed yesterday. 

AF05817A-3ACD-4261-A032-51352E806071.jpeg

That red is ?. Hoping to catch a built email this week. Tint is the first place mine is headed when it arrives. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gharri30 said:

That red is ?. Hoping to catch a built email this week. Tint is the first place mine is headed when it arrives. 

I freaking love the color, it looks so damn good! Crossing my fingers for some good news for you this week!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Like ScottK1 mentioned, I used Forscan to change the tank size for a 60 gallon tank so the DTE would be accurate.

So the DTE is calculated from the total of the 2 tanks? Is there a wired connection from the external tank gage? 

Also,  is the feed from the extra tank fast enough to keep up with the pump?  If you just filled the external, would both be full by the time you were done or would it be best to fill the factory tank before you fill the external?   Thanks for the info. 

7 hours ago, tcritch3 said:

Got the tint done today! Just need to put on my diamondback tonneau and it will be the last of the accessories for now! Smoked cab lights were installed yesterday. 

AF05817A-3ACD-4261-A032-51352E806071.jpeg

Is that the BAP, or something else?  I see the blacked out side emblems, wheels, and running boards, but you have a red grill!

17 minutes ago, SpartanFan23 said:

Is that the BAP, or something else?  I see the blacked out side emblems, wheels, and running boards, but you have a red grill!

I ordered the sport but wanted the black emblems so I made my own hybrid sport/BAP and I love how it turned out! The red grille is one of my favorite things about the truck.