Super Duty Accessories

tcritch3

8 hours ago, Dr-Bear-PhD said:

A little/ lot ostentatious/ gaudy, but I’m genuinely glad you’re happy. One of the great things about freedom is the ability to decorate our possessions any way we choose. 

Ostentatious?/ gaudy?

You liberal? Or just not willing to show your pride for where you live? My understanding of this topic is to show our accessories we for our truck. Seems the "pledge of allegiance" and "we the people" makes you feel the need to act a bit insulting. 

5 hours ago, danielj said:

Ostentatious?/ gaudy?

You liberal? Or just not willing to show your pride for where you live? My understanding of this topic is to show our accessories we for our truck. Seems the "pledge of allegiance" and "we the people" makes you feel the need to act a bit insulting. 

Funny you assume I’m American. Funny you also assume I’m liberal, in fact I lean conservative politically and in truck decorations. 

Edited by Dr-Bear-PhD
  • Like 1

I had the console vault installed by factory...is there a console tray that will work with it?  Suggestions?  Basically, with the vault you just have a big box to dump your stuff in, and no way to organize anything.

On 5/11/2022 at 11:21 PM, cboy said:

I had the console vault installed by factory...is there a console tray that will work with it?  Suggestions?  Basically, with the vault you just have a big box to dump your stuff in, and no way to organize anything.

If you have certain items you can get some foam and cut holes like a camera case or maybe find some organizer trays at Office Depot or Walmart? 

Edited by 4thTimer

Seems like the older I get the less stuff I do.  This time I ordered the mudflaps from the factory so I'll see how those work or not.  With a lariat, it comes with running boards so I'll either get some 150 brackets for what comes with it to get them up close to the body or swap them out for some Raptor/Tremor board take offs.  I'll have the dealer do the spray in bedliner.  I'll need torklift tiedowns and will install the prototype lower stable loads they sent me to test out.  Ranch hand full bumper is on the list.  Not sure if I'm going to run the stock tires or swap them out for 255's.

Otherwise I'm transferring the stubby antenna, truck box, and bed mat that I have now.  I'm in a quandary about floor mats.  I did carpet delete again and want something to collect all the crud but not slide around like I have now.  

1 hour ago, River Wild said:

Seems like the older I get the less stuff I do.  This time I ordered the mudflaps from the factory so I'll see how those work or not.  With a lariat, it comes with running boards so I'll either get some 150 brackets for what comes with it to get them up close to the body or swap them out for some Raptor/Tremor board take offs.  I'll have the dealer do the spray in bedliner.  I'll need torklift tiedowns and will install the prototype lower stable loads they sent me to test out.  Ranch hand full bumper is on the list.  Not sure if I'm going to run the stock tires or swap them out for 255's.

Otherwise I'm transferring the stubby antenna, truck box, and bed mat that I have now.  I'm in a quandary about floor mats.  I did carpet delete again and want something to collect all the crud but not slide around like I have now.  

I got the factory mudflaps, but too new to know how they will hold up.  Also purchased a set of Husky x-act floor mats.  They seem fine so far and looks like they will hold mud/water fine, but likely won't know just how good they are until we get some rain, or it is winter.

• Like 1

Info:  For those that ordered the factory winch which is installed by the dealer, make sure they provide the front license plate bracket (if you want one).  The standard one does not work, but Ford sells a low profile one part number LC3Z-17A385-BA.  My dealer did not know any of this until I did the research and informed them.  My dealer did order it and installed it at no cost to me.

Anyone with the 7.3 running exhaust yet? Saw Borla finally dropped one for the 22 7.3s, plus a few others. Have a Banks Monster exhaust on my current truck and want to find something with a similar sound. A good deep tone. I'll see if I can grab somewhat of a sound clip, hard to get a feel for it from the cab.

Edit....

Best I can get for now.. In cab with the windows up. Maybe I can talk my wife into a drive by later. ?

Edited by Gharri30
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 7:34 PM, 4thTimer said:

If you have certain items you can get some foam and cut holes like a camera case or maybe find some organizer trays at Office Depot or Walmart? 

On 5/12/2022 at 10:50 PM, cboy said:

Thanks for the ideas.

I thought of something else too because I also have the vault on my order, you may have difficulty getting a plastic tray into the box and if it does fit in it will probably have wasted space around it. I was considering not putting the vault on my order and installing it myself.  I watched a video on it and I think the last step to installing it is the top frame and door. If you wanted a tight fitting organizer tray on the bottom, you could take off the top of the vault to put in a bigger tray but you'd have to do that again to remove it. 

• Like 1

I’ve got a black F350 Lariat with BAP on the train.  I want the Tremor OEM fender flares and my dealer said they are VIN specific.  I told him to pull a sold black Tremor VIN to use to order flares for me.  Won’t do it.  Anyone know part # for black flares?

10 hours ago, Adirondex said:

Rear of the truck was a little boring so I added chrome lettering. Gonna wax them in and see how they hold up. Not bad for $11.image.thumb.jpeg.3295e72cf91b88db655533cb92109de2.jpeg

I've seen the letters laid in on the hood before but always wondered what the tailgate would look like being raised already. Nice work. 

20 hours ago, Adirondex said:

Rear of the truck was a little boring so I added chrome lettering. Gonna wax them in and see how they hold up. Not bad for $11.image.thumb.jpeg.3295e72cf91b88db655533cb92109de2.jpeg

For the same reason I thought about getting the hood letter inserts. I can’t decide though because I got the BAP on the Agate black for a reason, but I feel like the letters might give it just a little pop if I went with a dark gray color insert. 

I also wonder how well they will hold up to washing and waxing. 

@Gharri30 you get your rig yet? I’m waiting to see photos of all the upgrades! 

On 4/19/2022 at 7:27 AM, tcritch3 said:

I ended up ordering the diamondback hd tonneau, can’t wait to see how that beast is. I’ve heard lots of good things about those covers. It also will allow me to haul two atvs and my travel trailer at the same time. Fun times ahead!

The worst part about buying the new F350 was that our Diamondback will for fit the SD ...

Update on the chrome letters....

First of all I bought two sets, what I didn't know is they give you doubles of every letter so 4 sets. I watched the video and went at it. I only messed up on one letter, the three legs of the E stuck to itself.

After I was done I put it in the sun to let the soapy water evaporate. I probably needed to squeegee the edges more but the more I fiddled with them the more I had to reposition them and thought just leave it alone. Next day I tried to wax them in carefully and sure enough I caught the top of the S with a microfiber towel and lifted the edge. I'm thinking there's no way these can stick to the raised letters without eventually being damaged. I'll start from scratch after another letter gets mess up but I think these would work a lot better on recessed letters like on the hood. It's a shame because they do look great on the tailgate.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 5:01 AM, 4thTimer said:

I thought of something else too because I also have the vault on my order, you may have difficulty getting a plastic tray into the box and if it does fit in it will probably have wasted space around it. I was considering not putting the vault on my order and installing it myself.  I watched a video on it and I think the last step to installing it is the top frame and door. If you wanted a tight fitting organizer tray on the bottom, you could take off the top of the vault to put in a bigger tray but you'd have to do that again to remove it. 

I have the factory vault in my King Ranch.  There is a surprisingly amount of room both in the vault as well as between the top of the vault and the console cover.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Adirondex said:

It's a shame because they do look great on the tailgate.

They do. Perhaps a paint shop could put a few coats of clear coat over them or maybe have a piece of ceramic film put on in that area below the blue oval.

On 5/15/2022 at 10:07 AM, Boss Hog said:

I’ve got a black F350 Lariat with BAP on the train.  I want the Tremor OEM fender flares and my dealer said they are VIN specific.  I told him to pull a sold black Tremor VIN to use to order flares for me.  Won’t do it.  Anyone know part # for black flares?

My truck arrived @ 2 weeks ago. Asked dealer to order in flares likely 2 months prior w build delays. Dealer never asked any questions. Had body shop paint and install flares. Looks great. 22 F250 BAP 7.3. Also added the weathertech mud guards for flares. Good combo