Super Duty Accessories

tcritch3

• 3 weeks later...

BTW, Fairway Ford will use your FordPass points for internet orders.  The front wheel liners, wheel liner extensions, and touchup paint with shipping were cheaper there than just the front wheel liners at my local dealers.  Have not seen invoice yet to confirm, but all seems good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee2021 said:

BTW, Fairway Ford will use your FordPass points for internet orders.  The front wheel liners, wheel liner extensions, and touchup paint with shipping were cheaper there than just the front wheel liners at my local dealers.  Have not seen invoice yet to confirm, but all seems good.

Good to know, was this a dealer local to you?  I used fairway Ford to order the extensions and 2wd air diffuser and they were good and fast with shipment 

22 hours ago, Lee2021 said:

I just bought front wheel well liners and the extensions from them, plus a few screws and such for something else. They arrived yesterday. $144.90 for front liners, $14.36 and $12.93 for the extensions. No idea why the two extensions are priced differently. Total with shipping for everything I got was $225.  Priced through Tasca as well, total was about $15 cheaper but their shipping was $368....no that's not a typo. 

Edited by Gharri30
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Cglenn said:

Just had my SpeedLiner color match bed liner done this morning. Been using SpeedLiner for over 20 years and IMHO they are miles above the rest.

Carbonized Gray match 2022 Tremor 

84C57B85-6DA1-4B6F-87E1-3E4723FF8AEA.jpeg

My truck just arrived and have an appointment with LineX this Friday. I was thinking of just doing the black spray with the UV protection which they said makes it shiny.  I have the same color of truck as you and that looks sharp. I had the matte black done in my old 09 350 and that stuff was as tough as nails.  They however sprayed over the bed attachment bolts unlike your truck.  Did they tape over them before spraying? Also, do you know what they did to protect the rv plug and cleat mounts? Thanks.

Edited by 1972Mach1

2 hours ago, KR450 said:

I ordered front wheel well liners on my 22 f450 

Do the extension fit the 450 or not needed 

Anyone know ?

Not sure. Hope the fit my 22 F250. They weren't expensive so I bought them to test out when my truck arrives. Hopefully only another week or two. 

Finally got around to raising the truck with a 2 1/2" Ready Lift in the front and 4" blocks in the rear. Changed the stock 18" rims with a set of OEM Platinum rims with 295/65-20 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Also installed a set of Bilstein 5100's. Removed the "4X4" decal too. When I pulled in the parking lot to pick up the truck I smiled and said that's what this truck should look like. Rides better than stock.

image.thumb.jpeg.b0d7be16e71c84423212c2997b903798.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.54a0b70b21b559dc86767db0eda9aa4f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8282da11d03311cd2dcc48311601a9c0.jpeg

I think I'm done adding accessories .... for now.

Edited by Adirondex
Added picture
  • Like 2

On 5/12/2022 at 8:32 AM, cboy said:

Info:  For those that ordered the factory winch which is installed by the dealer, make sure they provide the front license plate bracket (if you want one).  The standard one does not work, but Ford sells a low profile one part number LC3Z-17A385-BA.  My dealer did not know any of this until I did the research and informed them.  My dealer did order it and installed it at no cost to me.

Thanks for the tip. I let my dealership know and they are going to order me one.

• Like 1

I have now tried two different 3X2" hitch adapters with our new F350 with the 3" receiver and our 2" WDH:  Husky 33129 all steel sleeve and the Hercu-Sleeve from moonlight diesel.  The Hercu-Sleeve is WAY better!  It fits in the receiver very well (almost too well, it needs some effort to remove) and the 2" hitch fits well as well.  Yes, it is "plastic", but that means it won't rust in place and doesn't rattle.  The plastic is tough and doesn't deform with a WDH.  I was impressed - impressed enough to want to write this review (no sponsor, just saw a good product and want to pass it on). The Husky does the job, but is a bit sloppier.  The Husky is still better than using two sleeves (3X2.5 and 2.5x2) however!  The Husky is now back in stock.  Earlier this year it was not.

Hercu-Sleeve Towing Hitch Sleeve Reducer Adapter

https://www.moonlightdiesel.com/product-page/hercu-sleeve-4070101-3-to2-towing-hitch-sleeve-reducer-adapter-6-7l-11-17

Picture of 3" - 2" Reducer (33129)

https://www.huskytow.com/husky-towing-33129-trailer-hitch-receiver-tube-adapter

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lee2021 said:

I have now tried two different 3X2" hitch adapters with our new F350 with the 3" receiver and our 2" WDH:  Husky 33129 all steel sleeve and the Hercu-Sleeve from moonlight diesel.  The Hercu-Sleeve is WAY better!  It fits in the receiver very well (almost too well, it needs some effort to remove) and the 2" hitch fits well as well.  Yes, it is "plastic", but that means it won't rust in place and doesn't rattle.  The plastic is tough and doesn't deform with a WDH.  I was impressed - impressed enough to want to write this review (no sponsor, just saw a good product and want to pass it on). The Husky does the job, but is a bit sloppier.  The Husky is still better than using two sleeves (3X2.5 and 2.5x2) however!  The Husky is now back in stock.  Earlier this year it was not.

Hercu-Sleeve Towing Hitch Sleeve Reducer Adapter

https://www.moonlightdiesel.com/product-page/hercu-sleeve-4070101-3-to2-towing-hitch-sleeve-reducer-adapter-6-7l-11-17

Picture of 3" - 2" Reducer (33129)

https://www.huskytow.com/husky-towing-33129-trailer-hitch-receiver-tube-adapter

Thanks for the information. I ordered a 3" recieve4 from etrailer and will post up my thoughts on Monday.  My 2009 350 with diesel did not have 3 " hitch so this is new to me.  All I can say is the 3" receiver that I bought was expensive. 

I want to get a 3rd FOB for our new 350.  What are your experiences with the $70 ‘OEM fob’ that you see for sale in multiple places?  I plan on programming it with forscan.

Such as this:

image.thumb.png.ea61a1cab0ed450fea29e841ac39fe01.png

Edited by Lee2021

5 hours ago, Lee2021 said:

I want to get a 3rd FOB for our new 350.  What are your experiences with the $70 ‘OEM fob’ that you see for sale in multiple places?  I plan on programming it with forscan.

Such as this:

image.thumb.png.ea61a1cab0ed450fea29e841ac39fe01.png

Be careful with purchasing keys from places like that, Fords can be very picky about which key they have. I would check with your dealer for the part number then use that to order one online. 

You don't need forscan to program a third key if you already have two. There's a procedure in the owners manual to program a spare key using the ignition switch, backup slot, and brake pedal. 

33 minutes ago, 1972Mach1 said:

Received the BW tow & stow hitch very impressed with the initial quality. Rated for GVRW 21,000 Pounds and 2,100 for the tongue weight. Comes in at 200 pounds less than the factory hitch sticker specs. 

EDB78805-4BE8-460B-92CA-CB82FCC1546A.jpeg

B6E760C6-FD48-43EE-A514-9771FF3552EC.jpeg

This is the exact hitch I have been looking at. Just not sure of the drop I need until I get the truck put in the air next week. Like the stow feature while leaving it on the truck so my kid doesn't kill himself on it, or me for that matter ?.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 8:38 PM, Gharri30 said:

This is the exact hitch I have been looking at. Just not sure of the drop I need until I get the truck put in the air next week. Like the stow feature while leaving it on the truck so my kid doesn't kill himself on it, or me for that matter ?.

I have this hitch, and no complaints from me.

• Like 2

On 6/13/2022 at 10:29 PM, 1972Mach1 said:

Line X installed on Friday.  They did a great job and also removed the tailgate access panel and sprayed it separately. Also removed cleats/tie downs and taped over bed bolts, LED lights and the on/off switch. 

I would say doing all of that is standard for a Line-X dealer. The three trucks I have in Line-X have all had similar things done all bolts are taped or removed individual panels are sprayed separately and everything is usable again following the liner insulation. That is why I prefer Line-X over the factory bed liner as well.

• Like 1

Welp, just finished swapping out all my BAP parts (grill, ovals, fender badges, mirror caps). Also got the mirror lights swapped out for some smoked ones from Recon, got the Leer HF650M bed cover on and Tremor valance. Goes for tint on Tues and gets lift, wheels and tires done Thurs/Friday. Attached a few pics, best I have for now. 

*Edit*

Forgot I threw on front wheel well liners, fender extensions and Marathon rear seat covers last weekend. The exhaust Borla jast released for the 2022 7.3s should be here today, hopefully I have time to get it on tomorrow. Also, a big thanks to @1972Mach1 for the helpful tips on the Lariat grill and rear oval removal. 

Not sure why the pictures didnt upload in order. ?‍♂️

20220613_183321.jpg

20220614_192537.jpg

20220613_173741.jpg

20220614_193417.jpg

20220614_193524.jpg

20220618_125634.jpg

20220618_133209.jpg

Resized_Screenshot_20220615-153340_Gallery.jpeg

20220618_135159.jpg

20220618_135037.jpg

Edited by Gharri30
  • Like 2

Alright, I need a little help. Does anyone know the name or part number for the "running board backer" for lack of a better term between the cab and running board? Also, do they work with the BAP running boards or only with these 6" chrome angular running boards for those with any experience. I have searched for a good while with no results. This is one of my coworkers trucks and came standard on his. I kind of like how it hides being able to see through to the components hanging down under the truck when youre stepped back away from it.

20220624_081149.jpg

Edited by Gharri30