Super Duty Accessories

tcritch3

9 hours ago, Gharri30 said:

Alright, I need a little help. Does anyone know the name or part number for the "running board backer" for lack of a better term between the cab and running board? Also, do they work with the BAP running boards or only with these 6" chrome angular running boards for those with any experience. I have searched for a good while with no results. This is one of my coworkers trucks and came standard on his. I kind of like how it hides being able to see through to the components hanging down under the truck when youre stepped back away from it.

20220624_081149.jpg

Following 

Well, just picked her up from the shop a few min ago. Since last update the windows have been tinted (5% around, 50% on windshield...went with the ceramic tint), exhaust on and now lift/wheels/tires. Grabbed a few photos, definitely needs to be washed. 

What's next @FirstFord22?!? Already did grill, fender badges, ovals, mirror caps, mirror lights, bed cover, etc....... ?

Snapchat-1038237050.jpg

Snapchat-820997784.jpg

Snapchat-1567388416.jpg

Snapchat-179406209.jpg

Snapchat-123686499.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gharri30 said:

Well, just picked her up from the shop a few min ago. Since last update the windows have been tinted (5% around, 50% on windshield...went with the ceramic tint), exhaust on and now lift/wheels/tires. Grabbed a few photos, definitely needs to be washed. 

What's next @FirstFord22?!? Already did grill, fender badges, ovals, mirror caps, mirror lights, bed cover, etc....... ?

I really like the look of the gray mirror caps!  Where did you get those or did you have yours painted to match the truck color?  I too have a carbonized gray BAP that is currently being shipped to the dealer.  Looking for a set of 18" tremor wheels to get the look I want, but yours looks great!

What bed cover do you have?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SpartanFan23 said:

I really like the look of the gray mirror caps!  Where did you get those or did you have yours painted to match the truck color?  I too have a carbonized gray BAP that is currently being shipped to the dealer.  Looking for a set of 18" tremor wheels to get the look I want, but yours looks great!

What bed cover do you have?

Appreciate it. I'm happy with how it has turned out so far. The bed cover is a Leer HF650M quad fold. The caps are from BFNTruckShop. Decided about halfway through waiting for the truck that I wanted to add in some color match details and was going to just go have everything done locally once the truck got here. Then I figured I'd rather have everything waiting for me when the truck arrived and could sell everything that came off at some point. 

Think I posted this pic last week of the cover but it's really the only one I have taken of it. 

20220618_135159.jpg

Edited by Gharri30

4 hours ago, Gharri30 said:

Snapchat-1038237050.jpg

Snapchat-820997784.jpg

Snapchat-1567388416.jpg

Snapchat-179406209.jpg

Congrats Gharri the truck looks awesome, money well spent.

Like buying a boob job for the old lady. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/24/2022 at 6:46 PM, Gharri30 said:

Snapchat-1038237050.jpg

Snapchat-820997784.jpg

Snapchat-1567388416.jpg

Snapchat-179406209.jpg

Snapchat-123686499.jpg

@Gharri30 buddy I can’t think of anything else! She is looking sweet! I toyed with the idea of some dark gray hood letter inserts to match the gray around the Ford oval but I think it’ll detract from the overall black appearance I was going for 

I love the black exhaust tip and how it’s flush. What did you go with?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FirstFord22 said:

@Gharri30 buddy I can’t think of anything else! She is looking sweet! I toyed with the idea of some dark gray hood letter inserts to match the gray around the Ford oval but I think it’ll detract from the overall black appearance I was going for 

I love the black exhaust tip and how it’s flush. What did you go with?

It's Borla's S-Type cat back system, 140843BC. Opted for the BC (black chrome) tip version. Just started shipping them out for the '22 7.3s not long ago. Wasn't expecting to see it until August. Although I wish it was a bit louder but I'm comparing it to my Banks Monster I had on my previous rig and it wqs indeed was a monster ?.

• Like 1

Can anyone provide me with pics on the bottom side of their 6 inch chrome angular running boards? I'm trying to compare them to the bottom side of the 6" black angular boards that come with my BAP. I'm trying to see if the gap fillers that I've seen the chrome boards with will mount to the black boards as I've never seen any with them. Thanks.

11 hours ago, Woodmnctry said:

Decals -- how does one remove the decals ? -- Specifically the FX 4 on the rear fender.

I used a heat gun and being very careful with a razor blade got one corner started and it peeled right off.  Didn't get the FX4 package on the new one but will remove the 4x4 sticker.

1 hour ago, River Wild said:

I used a heat gun and being very careful with a razor blade got one corner started and it peeled right off.  Didn't get the FX4 package on the new one but will remove the 4x4 sticker.

Thanks -- I personally hate those decals -- I have not received truck yet thus wasn't sure if the decals are overcoats with clear coat which I have encountered elsewhere .

1 hour ago, Woodmnctry said:

Thanks -- I personally hate those decals -- I have not received truck yet thus wasn't sure if the decals are overcoats with clear coat which I have encountered elsewhere .

I always have the dealer take them off during the clean up

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 7:10 AM, yorid said:

I always have the dealer take them off during the clean up

First mod I did when I got the truck. My neighbor came over as he saw the truck in the driveway and heard the hair dryer running and said he’d do the same. 

On 6/28/2022 at 6:11 AM, Woodmnctry said:

I use a hair dryer and my finger nail.  Works every time and if there is residue adhesive left over then go gone or wd40 and then wash and wax

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 1972Mach1 said:

I use a hair dryer and my finger nail.  Works every time and if there is residue adhesive left over then go gone or wd40 and then wash and wax

Left the truck in the sun for a while then picked at the corner with my fingernail. One side came off in tact, it's on my lawn tractor now. ?

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 5:46 PM, Gharri30 said:

Snapchat-1038237050.jpg

Snapchat-820997784.jpg

Snapchat-1567388416.jpg

Snapchat-179406209.jpg

Snapchat-123686499.jpg

So what do you think about the ceramic tint, compare to standard. Have a truck that should deliver next week . I’m in Texas where it’s hot and dry. Just trying to compare when I go get the windows tinted. 

3 hours ago, Johnny Yarbrough said:

So what do you think about the ceramic tint, compare to standard. Have a truck that should deliver next week . I’m in Texas where it’s hot and dry. Just trying to compare when I go get the windows tinted. 

I love it so far. Two guys I work with both have standard tint, 5% all the way around and 35% on the windshield and in my opinion my visibility is way better and reduces heat better. We're in NC and we've been sitting around 95 (100-105 heat index) for a while. Its a bit more pricey though, it cost me about $300 more than standard tint. 

Has anyone run across a full length molle style bedside rack system for either the driver and/or passenger side of the bed? I know Builtright Industries and Putco both make a system but they're 2 pcs per side that don't join in the middle. 

On 6/24/2022 at 4:46 PM, Gharri30 said:

Snapchat-1038237050.jpg

Snapchat-820997784.jpg

Snapchat-1567388416.jpg

Snapchat-179406209.jpg

Snapchat-123686499.jpg

It’s been a hot minute since I’ve been on the forum, nice truck @Gharri30! I love how that turned out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tcritch3 said:

It’s been a hot minute since I’ve been on the forum, nice truck @Gharri30! I love how that turned out. 

Thank you, I'm pretty pleased with how it has come together. Thsnks to everyone here and thr things yall made me buy ?. I was suppose to get it ceramic coated next week but I'm currently waiting on some some bumper pieces to get painted. Brother in law got me in bumper the other week if you didn't see that, so now I have the replacement parts to fix it...?‍♂️. Im going to get my train horns and all that good stuff put on sometime this week so there's some good news. 

• Like 2